TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT "Berg" faux gas cap

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I got confirmation emails. But they must be sending via walking postman, its taking forever to get here. I would think that $9 shipping on such a lightweight order would have gotten it here overnight! Or maybe I'm just too anxious to see it.

I would think that $9 shipping on such a lightweight order would have gotten it here overnight!

Mine took a whole week to arrive UPS. As the resident mail carrier, I did some checking and found out that the package could have been sent via US Mail for $1.81 if we wanted it to take a week, or $4 and change to send 2-3 day Priority Mail...

On a more positive note, it's a beautiful piece and looks GREAT on the car! It kind of makes the car look a lot less like a Mustang GT with stripes. I do not foresee putting any more snakes on, but this one is nice.

Mine took a whole week to arrive UPS. As the resident mail carrier, I did some checking and found out that the package could have been sent via US Mail for $1.81 if we wanted it to take a week, or $4 and change to send 2-3 day Priority Mail...

On a more positive note, it's a beautiful piece and looks GREAT on the car! It kind of makes the car look a lot less like a Mustang GT with stripes. I do not foresee putting any more snakes on, but this one is nice.

I have to believe that Shelby is making a profit on those shipping costs, but maybe I'm wrong. Companies sometimes do this.

I think the snake emblem looks great also; it will be my first mod!!! :o

I have to believe that Shelby is making a profit on those shipping costs, but maybe I'm wrong. Companies sometimes do this.

It's all down hill from here ilmor!

I am by no means accusing them of using shipping as a profit center--only of not using the best shipper for us consumers.

Congrats on the first mod. I am only one ahead of you with two!

I am by no means accusing them of using shipping as a profit center--only of not using the best shipper for us consumers.

Congrats on the first mod. I am only one ahead of you with two!

I didn't think you were; but I've read that some companies do this; not saying that anything is wrong with that (other than it would be nice if the shipping costs were less!!). Then again, with the price of gas now, maybe this is what we'll be seeing as the norm.

Didn't mean to get us off topic here..... back to the Berg Cap!!!

:backtotopic:

berg, send me your address, i will send you the cap and ring when it comes in, least I can do for all your hard work helping us.

sorry it took so long for me to post this

Amy

berg, send me your address, i will send you the cap and ring when it comes in, least I can do for all your hard work helping us.

sorry it took so long for me to post this

Amy

happy%20feet.gif

Sweet Amy, that's really goes above and beyond. But that shouldn't surprise me. I have a tremendous amount of respect for you and SAI. Job well done. Now I won't say that the grin on my face is bigger than the first time I laid eyes on my just born daughter....but it comes pretty close. I know, I know...it's just a cap right? But I'm very happy to have a small part in it...along with about 300 other very vocal Shelby enthusiast.

Only one more favor to ask for...would love to see a picture of your grabber SGT with a exclusive SGT cap installed.....I promise I won't nag you about it. :hysterical: No rush...you don't have to do it tonight. thank you

Be sure to check your email junk filters if you are not getting a response from SPP. It wouldn't be the first times that the SPP confirmations emails were sent to a Junk folder.

Yep, that was it. 3 emails from SPP in my spam folder. All 3 are identical...just confirming my order.

I have a question, if we are only allowed one of these then what happens when or if they come out with the new ring ? Will we have to risk damaging the center section by removing it and installing it on the new ring or will we be allowed to purchase another ?

When mine comes from the shop this week. This will be going on.

Here's the specific listing for the cap: http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...k%20Emblem.aspx

SPP will be able to ship it faster if you include your CSM and VIN numbers in the Special Instructions section of your order. If you don't, they have to contact you to ask for the numbers before they'll send one out.

Matt

I have a question, if we are only allowed one of these then what happens when or if they come out with the new ring ? Will we have to risk damaging the center section by removing it and installing it on the new ring or will we be allowed to purchase another ?

Does anyone know what this new ring will look like, and when will it come out? I assume it will just cover the existing and that it has a hole in the center so the emblem will still show through?

According to Kieth it will look like the ford one we have now it will read SHELBY instead. I dont know how it would work either, the blank ring in the SPP cat is an overlay. if they manufacture a complete replacement, I dont understand how it will work as our "Berg" caps are too overlays. Robert Lane and I talked about them in Tulsa, we both agree the ford one needs to stay. The trunk lid reads SHELBY as does the "Berg" cap. I personally like mine saying Ford.

Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow, but I know it won't get here before 7PM or so...UPS and FedEx only deliver to residence after 5PM...What a drag even though I work from home most of the time and am here all day :(

are going to glue it on for theft protection

Racerx, I really like the side window scoops. When I first saw the picture was trying to figure out what looks different then saw the scoops. I was thinking of doing that to mine. Are they double back taped on? The car looks great. Thanks

Yes, I got confirmation emails. But they must be sending via walking postman, its taking forever to get here. I would think that $9 shipping on such a lightweight order would have gotten it here overnight! Or maybe I'm just too anxious to see it.

My shipping was $11.67 from LasVegas to Missouri, looks like someone is making a killing on freight ! My freight was almost 50% of the cost of the part itself.

guys, sorry, frieght has doubled recently here in Vegas. we charge what we are charged, glad you like it!

Amy

Dang, doesn't Vegas have enough money already?? :hysterical3:

guys, sorry, frieght has doubled recently here in Vegas. we charge what we are charged, glad you like it!

Amy

Amy, you've got to consider giving the USPS a shot at shipping. I couldn't believe that it was $9.38 UPS Ground for a 1 lb or less package, so I checked and sure enough it was. So, I took it to work at the post office and checked and it would cost $1.81 for comparable service. Priority mail would be $4.80 anywhere in the country and be much faster than the $9-$11 UPS Service. The Postal Service does a much better job on the packages than in the past and is a lot easier to work with than the old days.

Amy, you've got to consider giving the USPS a shot at shipping. I couldn't believe that it was $9.38 UPS Ground for a 1 lb or less package, so I checked and sure enough it was. So, I took it to work at the post office and checked and it would cost $1.81 for comparable service. Priority mail would be $4.80 anywhere in the country and be much faster than the $9-$11 UPS Service. The Postal Service does a much better job on the packages than in the past and is a lot easier to work with than the old days.

Definitely worth offering everyone a choice, I wouldn't ship anything US Postal Service even if it was free, I get 3-5 pieces of miss-directed mail a week at my house.

To reduce relative shipping charges I always buy as much as possible in one shot.

A 10 lb package from Vegas to NC costs $18.13 ($1.81 per pound) while a 1 lb package costs $12.53 ($12.53 per pound) If you can ship it to a commercial address (like your place of work) it is cheaper, going to the same zip codes a 1 lb package to my work is $9.55 ( 24% cheaper) and the 10 lb package is $15.15 (17% cheaper)

By the way unfortunately UPS's current fuel surcharge is 30% OUCH !!!!! (Even with that I still don't like the postal service's service, no offense mean to any members who work for the USPS)

Andrew

Archived