TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got My New Faux Gas Cap Today

I went home over lunch today and a nice package from SPP was waiting at my door. I set the cap over the GT and took a quick picture with my cell phone. I haven't "stuck" it on yet and it might be a little off center but I thought you'd like to see how the finished product looks on the car. Not bad in my opinion.

Dave

SGTFauxgasCap2.jpg

I thought about how to center the cap. Instead of eyeballing it couldn't you center it on a horizontal plane, making sure the words Shelby GT were level within the trunk lock trim? I know sometimes I think too much!

I went home over lunch today and a nice package from SPP was waiting at my door. I set the cap over the GT and took a quick picture with my cell phone. I haven't "stuck" it on yet and it might be a little off center but I thought you'd like to see how the finished product looks on the car. Not bad in my opinion.

Dave

SGTFauxgasCap2.jpg

Dave, hopefully you don't feel I'm out of line here but perhaps you can send AmyB a quick thank you on this cap.

IIRC this cap is another part that SAI/SPP will probably never recoup their investment on meaning that it cost them a lot more $$ to produce the cap then they are selling it for.

Anyway just a suggestion on the thank you note to Amy. You seemed pleased with the cap so the more positive feedback SAI gets the better chance that other small quantity items will be produced in the future.

Steve

Dave, hopefully you don't feel I'm out of line here but perhaps you can send AmyB a quick thank you on this cap.

IIRC this cap is another part that SAI/SPP will probably never recoup their investment on meaning that it cost them a lot more $$ to produce the cap then they are selling it for.

Anyway just a suggestion on the thank you note to Amy. You seemed pleased with the cap so the more positive feedback SAI gets the better chance that other small quantity items will be produced in the future.

Steve

I'd be happy to do that. I'll post in the Team Shelby area under Q&A for Amy.

Dave

I installed my cap yesterday. It looks great, fits perfect, and was easy to install. I cleaned the surface, peeled the backing off, loosely stuck it on barely touching the surface, used a level across the letters to make adjusment, and pressed it on with a towel. What a difference it makes!

I installed my cap yesterday. It looks great, fits perfect, and was easy to install. I cleaned the surface, peeled the backing off, loosely stuck it on barely touching the surface, used a level across the letters to make adjusment, and pressed it on with a towel. What a difference it makes!

Need pix :)

I will order one when I get home from Iraq.

Dave

I think you win the First Photo w/ the Berg Cap Award!! Congrats!! It does look good. A few more pics would be nice.

Very Nice!! I hope now that people see how beautiful the

"Berg Cap" is they'll start buying them. SAI puts a lot of

effort into these special order "Shelby GT" items and I applaud

them for it.

Agreed!

This also means I am ordering the matching wheel caps as well which had it not been for this gas cap would never have happened. Now for a steering wheel cap! :) This is HUGE for me because, as some of you may remember, I was ANTI-COBRA BIG TIME! But this fits well and looks great! Very pleased!

Agreed!

This also means I am ordering the matching wheel caps as well which had it not been for this gas cap would never have happened. Now for a steering wheel cap! :) This is HUGE for me because, as some of you may remember, I was ANTI-COBRA BIG TIME! But this fits well and looks great! Very pleased!

Has anyone check to see if this "gas cap cover" will fit over the steering wheel emblem??? Just curious if they are the same size or not...

I think you win the First Photo w/ the Berg Cap Award!! Congrats!! It does look good. A few more pics would be nice.

I'll see what I can do sooner than later. As I mentioned in my first post I haven't actually stuck it on yet. I just laid it over the GT center for a quick pic. When I get it permanatly attached I'll post a few more pics. Dave

IIRC this cap is another part that SAI/SPP will probably never recoup their investment on meaning that it cost them a lot more $ to produce the cap then they are selling it for.

Steve

+100 happy%20feet.gif

Can't agree with you enough Steve. I know it took longer than most of us thought possible, but it turned out better than we could have hoped for. To some this may seem like a simple little thing but for me it represents so much more. A time that so many Shelby owners came together to agree on something, and a time in which a Company showed incredible patience to listened. Try making suggestions to Ford or any other company about their products. Instead, Amy really puts herself out there to listen her Shelby customers. This is great example of what sets Shelby apart from the other companies. For Shelby to listen...and then deliver on a suggestion...with more than a little risk to recoup that cost due to the exclusiveness of the item. But I suspect this won't come to any surprise for those that have had the chance to meet any of the SAI employees first hand. I truly believe the company shares our passion and cares about their customers....are they perfect...no...who is? They have had their share of growing pains...but they have come a long ways since that first order of 500 GT-H in 2006. And I'm proud to have been part of the whole experience. Excellent job Amy. A+

Shelby, Amy, you will always have my respect.

So now get the word out to every SGT owner about these caps.....

+100 happy%20feet.gif

Can't agree with you enough Steve. I know it took longer than most of us thought possible, but it turned out better than we could have hoped for. To some this may seem like a simple little thing but for me it represents so much more. A time that so many Shelby owners came together to agree on something, and a time in which a Company showed incredible patience to listened.

Here for history sake:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23262

In hindsight an interesting read!

Here for history sake:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23262

In hindsight an interesting read!

Here is an earlier topic on the rear cap. mike20022 started the thread questioning his pony V6 cap on his SGT. Then socaljafo jump in with the following....

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21442

I wish SAI would produce one of their own. I have hinted on a couple of threads and even suggested it to John in an email. It really doesn't add anything to the car but I think SAI missed something by not creating one. Every other special edition Mustang (GT500, CS, Roush, Foose, etc.) have a special cap. I hope in the future they will have one on sale.

Also another thread by 'The Faygo Kid' asking for a cobra cap..of course that was on April 1st....don't know if he was serious... :hysterical: Is 'The Faygo Kid' still around???

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21303

How many people would like to see an after-market gas cap badge with a cobra on it? I sure would.

I think it looks great.

AFBLUE if I can remember I will order you one tomorrow and have it sent to you house! I hope I dont forget!

michael morris

That is a very thoughtful gesture, but I think you will not be allowed to order it on my behalf as they will want proof (think I read you have to give them your name, CSM#, vin# and first born child :D )

Archived