TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally someone that gets what the SGT is all about

BergShelby

Ran across a good articles on the SGT.

Here are just some of the quotes...finally someone that gets what the SGT is all about.

cov-08gtc6.jpg

" This car is so damn much fun to drive"

"Racing "Razor" wheels and the pizza pan 14" Brembo brake upgrade...gave it extra glue on the track that causes perma-grin like psychedelic mushrooms (so I have been told)"

"I personally think the look is very striking and I want one now."

"If you like the sound of the old Mustangs and Cobras at a vintage race, this is your car."

"....Shelby hood scoop has the same aura as the one on the last '65 GT-350 I drove."

"You feel like you are in a race car, it sounds like you are in a race car. When you throw it into a corner, you realize you ARE in a race car."

"It is a shame that the marketing and branding people did not let the base Mustang GT be this much car."

"the car feels oh so much faster due to the aforementioned suspension, tire and braking upgrades. I would even go so far as to say that a good driver could almost match a lap time in this car to a standard GT-500 even though it has a significant power advantage. The Shelby GT is light, agile, and athletic on its feet - everything the GT-500 is not."

"Yes we gushed a little on the Shelby GT. What can be said? It is a helluva fun car to drive and is everything the original GT-350 was back in 1965."

"
The Shelby GT, might just be one of those best kept secrets."

themustangnews.com article on SGT

"Yes we gushed a little on the Shelby GT. What can be said? It is a helluva fun car to drive and is everything the original GT-350 was back in 1965."

BS.....its probably better and is...if the dirty sob's had only offered blue stripes i would have bought...dumb dumb dumb decision not too...at the very least they should have given myself the option of going stripe delete...

BS.....its probably better and is...if the dirty sob's had only offered blue stripes i would have bought...dumb dumb dumb decision not too...at the very least they should have given myself the option of going stripe delete...

Stripe Delete = Hair Dryer set on low heat and a little bit of patience... Should peel right off :happy feet:

Drive Safe!

07SGT0547

I had a SGT and really enjoyed it. I have a GT500 now and all i can say is the GT500KR is like a SGT compared to a MUSTANG GT. So i added the FORD CAI,plus tune and cat backs and Im half way there.Need to lower it, the stock shifter is fine. Now i will say the guys @ SVT got the suspension just right and the steering feels dead on. Imagine a SGT with the FORD GT engine in it. Well a great car with a little more get-up.Now the SGT and the( GT500KR1/2 )both ROCK.

I will say that a stock GT500 is not as much fun to drive as the SGT. But i will say the harse ride in the SGT can get a little to much on a long drive. But around town it's the best .But when you Shelbyize your GT500 it's a SGT on steroids.

Regardless of the power, the SGT is a great looking car! Classy and with a CSM number. SUDDEN.

Well my window sticker says SHELBY. So lets just say they are both SHELBY's and are lucky to own them.

Archived