TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A Special Thank You to Chris (FordRocks1)

motorjock205

Chris read my post in the Mod section about the results so far on my road trip to Florida and the Steeda Intake Elbow, and saw that I was heading to the Keys, and invited me to stop in Miami on my way back for a car show that his club, Magic City Mustangs was putting on at the local Ford dealership. Well, we checked in at the hotel in Miami, I cleaned the car up and got all the bugs off if it, and then it RAINED!!! HARD rain too...we went ahead and went to the dealership, and they were parking everyone in the service bay entrance, so we pulled in there. One very nice gentleman who had a White/Silver 40th Anniversary GT500 offered his chamois to me to dry my car off, and everyone else welcomed us to their event with open arms. Finally got to meet Chris when he showed up with his Black 2007 SGT, and he is a GREAT guy! We answered questions about the car for several hours, and met a bunch of very nice people. The Magic City Mustang Club even gave us one of their decals for us to remember them by, along with a goodie bag of other misc. stuff that was pretty cool! Again, a GREAT group of people, and we had a BLAST!

Thanks to Chris for extending the invitation to us to show up and show off our SGT just a little...If you're ever in Texas I hope I can return the favor!

Chris read my post in the Mod section about the results so far on my road trip to Florida and the Steeda Intake Elbow, and saw that I was heading to the Keys, and invited me to stop in Miami on my way back for a car show that his club, Magic City Mustangs was putting on at the local Ford dealership. Well, we checked in at the hotel in Miami, I cleaned the car up and got all the bugs off if it, and then it RAINED!!! HARD rain too...we went ahead and went to the dealership, and they were parking everyone in the service bay entrance, so we pulled in there. One very nice gentleman who had a White/Silver 40th Anniversary GT500 offered his chamois to me to dry my car off, and everyone else welcomed us to their event with open arms. Finally got to meet Chris when he showed up with his Black 2007 SGT, and he is a GREAT guy! We answered questions about the car for several hours, and met a bunch of very nice people. The Magic City Mustang Club even gave us one of their decals for us to remember them by, along with a goodie bag of other misc. stuff that was pretty cool! Again, a GREAT group of people, and we had a BLAST!

Thanks to Chris for extending the invitation to us to show up and show off our SGT just a little...If you're ever in Texas I hope I can return the favor!

Carl,

No problem,Texas is a state that I have yet to visit.It's great to hear that you and your wife had a good time despite the horrible weather,it's the rainy season down here but as you have seen rain or shine we will all drive our Mustangs. Man, too bad you didn't get to go away with those GT500 wheels :banghead: !!!!

Again,next time you are down here I will show you guys the great places that South Florida/Miami has to offer. As for anyone elso that ever heads down here PM so we meet up and hopefully greet you in the same manner,Magic City Mustang car club( http://www.magiccitymustangs.org/ ) is ever growing but regardless of size we will always,always treat and welcome everyone from near or far with respect. As noted, we are just a buch of folks who like to meet up and talk about Mustangs.....We will soon be participating in a 9/11 run (http://www.911tributerun.com/ ),hope to see other folks from this forum there because it all ends in the Keys :beerchug: .... :shift:

MAgiccity.jpg

Very B) gesture Chris.

Put some miles on that baby Carl? Glad all went well......except for the MONSOON SEASONAL RAIN. Used to travel to Miami 3-4 times a year for quite awhile. Love the Keys!

Yup, about 3500 so far this trip...we're in Tallahassee Florida for the night, and will be heading on back to West Texas tomorrow....about another 1000 miles, but she's not missed a beat, and getting GREAT gas mileage!!! I told Chris last night that on the trip from the Keys into Miami, I got 31.5 MPG!!! I've got a picture of it! I couldn't believe it myself! I'll have to post it later though, didn't bring my camera into the room and I'm too tired to go get it right now!

Yeah, Anyone going down to Miami, hook up with Chris and his group...They are a VERY hospitable bunch and a good time is to be had by all who attend.

BTW, I'm still trying to figure out a way to snag those wheels and tires Chris!!!

Yup, about 3500 so far this trip...we're in Tallahassee Florida for the night, and will be heading on back to West Texas tomorrow....about another 1000 miles, but she's not missed a beat, and getting GREAT gas mileage!!! I told Chris last night that on the trip from the Keys into Miami, I got 31.5 MPG!!! I've got a picture of it! I couldn't believe it myself! I'll have to post it later though, didn't bring my camera into the room and I'm too tired to go get it right now!

Yeah, Anyone going down to Miami, hook up with Chris and his group...They are a VERY hospitable bunch and a good time is to be had by all who attend.

BTW, I'm still trying to figure out a way to snag those wheels and tires Chris!!!

Glad to see all is well....well, maybe except those HUGE bugs huh,kill them all!!!! :rip: ??? In any case continue to have a safe drive,no rush.....I am meeting with that same guy this weekend, he's going to help me take off the dash cover in order for me to send it to be signed by CS and also he's selling soem hood lifters that he got from Steeda for dirt cheap....I gueas he's just trying to get rid of all the extra stuff he's got laying around plus he's got a whole bunch of things from the original GT500 before it was converted to the 40th ann. package. Get those wheels, they will look sweet!!!!! One of a kind...for now!!!

Chris

ShelbyHomestead011.jpg

Archived