TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber: Another Clutch/Tranny bites the dust

CRQuarto

As soon as the parts come in, they said it would be a week or two. I'm also getting my first service done that day as well, so it should be a long one :P Hopefully I am the first and last to have an issue with the new tranny, and hopefully after this I wont have an issue at all. I will ask the tech to please do his best to identify what the problem item is if he can, and ill report back with my findings. I wish I could snatch up the old tranny after they rip it out, my roommate is begging me to for his saleen, haha! Poor guy.

The core charge is $624 per my dealer.

Have him buy it.

The core charge is $624 per my dealer.

Have him buy it.

That is true statement about the core charge.

But it is still almost impossible to get the trans back unless you know someone in Ford Corp.

Ford tags the trans to go back.(they want the core back) The dealer has to send it back otherwise they will not get paid for the complete job.(no ifs and buts about that)

So that being said you need to have someone in Ford Corp clear the tag for the trans being returned to Ford.(so the dealer will still get paid for work/parts)

In the early stages some guys got to keep their core.

Today don't count on it.

Trust me on this one. I was lucky I was able to keep my core.

I do have people I know and it was still a long drawn out process that wasn't fun. If I didn't have the connections there would have been no way they would have let me keep the core.

Please don't take this that you can not get to keep it.

Just beware most likely you will not be able too.

That is true statement about the core charge.

But it is still almost impossible to get the trans back unless you know someone in Ford Corp.

Ford tags the trans to go back.(they want the core back) The dealer has to send it back otherwise they will not get paid for the complete job.(no ifs and buts about that)

So that being said you need to have someone in Ford Corp clear the tag for the trans being returned to Ford.(so the dealer will still get paid for work/parts)

In the early stages some guys got to keep their core.

Today don't count on it.

Trust me on this one. I was lucky I was able to keep my core.

I do have people I know and it was still a long drawn out process that wasn't fun. If I didn't have the connections there would have been no way they would have let me keep the core.

Please don't take this that you can not get to keep it.

Just beware most likely you will not be able too.

This is very true.

But....it's worth a try.

Archived