TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby GT500 - Job #1 order vs. Job #2 order

69machl

I am looking at buying a Shelby. I have found some dealers with Job#1 cars and most w/ Job#2 cars... Is there any difference or any reason to favor one over the other?

Thanks!

What you really want is a job 1 2007 as it is the first production year of the Shelby GT-500 and the 40th anniversary of the GT-500. So, if you're looking for collectivity this is the year to look for.

If you are looking at it from a resolved issues stand point,Obviously you would be led to believe that the 2008 job #2 would be the best of the bunch.Whether or not that plays out in full has yet to be seen.My 08' was built in April and doesn't seem to have any real issues yet.I'm sure someone with more knowledge on it will chime in,Shelbydude in particular might have some insight.Grabber seems to really be on top of the mechanical issues.Not dropping any specific names for a reason but these folks are really in tune with things.Shelbydude sells em',Grabber researches them pretty deep and posts up TSB's regurlarly.Good luck with whatever you get.

Archived