TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT500 Grass Roots Tour

carnut

My dealer just E-Mailed to me an invititation to the 2007 Shelby GT500 Grass Roots tour for next weekend.

Says they will have a new Shelby GT and GT-H on site as well as a number of other special Mustangs. Also said they were trying to get press shots so bring the Shelby. I guess I'm oblivious to a lot of the marketing hype so I was wondering if anyone else knows much about these events.

I am going to go, sounds like it could be fun, also have a reception for owners. I wonder if that means free food. :yup:

...I was wondering if anyone else knows much about these events.

I don't know anything about the Grass Roots tour but three years ago I got an invitation to attend the Chrysler Gold Medal Tour Event at the Hershey Centre in Mississauga. It was pretty cool - you got to drive your choice of Chrysler cars in a convoy on public streets.

post-3014-1157416830_thumb.jpg

The mini-vans had the shortest lines for test drives :D

They also set up a course in one of the parking lots where you could get taken for a drive in one of many Vipers, RAM SRT10s or SRT4s.

post-3014-1157416799_thumb.jpg

I'd say go, but make sure you take a camera and let us know what it's all about.

post-3014-1157416799_thumb.jpg

post-3014-1157416830_thumb.jpg

My dealer just E-Mailed to me an invititation to the 2007 Shelby GT500 Grass Roots tour for next weekend.

Says they will have a new Shelby GT and GT-H on site as well as a number of other special Mustangs. Also said they were trying to get press shots so bring the Shelby. I guess I'm oblivious to a lot of the marketing hype so I was wondering if anyone else knows much about these events.

I am going to go, sounds like it could be fun, also have a reception for owners. I wonder if that means free food. :yup:

Haven't heard anything and zero hits on searches, but sounds cool!

Just curious, where is the dealer located? Maybe it's a local or regional promo.

Haven't heard anything and zero hits on searches, but sounds cool!

Just curious, where is the dealer located? Maybe it's a local or regional promo.

It's going to be at Barrett-Jackson office in Scottsdale and the Pavilions in Scottsdale the next night, one other place in Mesa. No snob jokes, I live in Glendale

Went to Grass Roots Tour, nice little event, was catered

There were about 5 Shelby Gt 500's there, 2 red coupes, 1 vista blue coupe, a white coupe and a red vert. There was a GTH as well as a Shelby GT and a Cobra R. There were also a couple of Ford GTs. The white coupe was number 22 and signed by Carroll Shelby.

There was also some old iron, the most interesting was a E500 Shelby square back 68 model Mustang. This car was an experimental car actually built by Shelby. It was 428 powered and had an independent rear suspension, now that's a novel idea. it also had an integral rear spoiler. It was supposed to have gone to the crusher back in the 60's but escaped. I really never knew about the car, but its the real deal. One only in existance. Wonder what the ADM is on it.

Also on hand was one of Ford's Marketing Managers. He said there were going to be some really cool things coming out from Ford. Also a lot of parts for the Shelby available this spring. There will be a supercharger upgrade kit as well as the drag packs similar to that available for Mustang GT.

The Shelby GT will be about $35K. It's a nice looking car.

I took a bunch of pictures but can't post them as my regular computer is down and my laptop is too big a pain to down load them.

The marketing guy said if I go to their event at the Pavilions tomorrow night he would save me a spot in their display. Sounded like fun, so I committed to go.

I will post pictures later. :cheerleader:

Smokies and Beer? I'm down. :hysterical:

Come on now, this event was at Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale, AZ.

Meatballs in white sauce, finger sandwiches, fruit kabob (not a gay guy named Robert) and other assorted hor de'ourves (sorry no spell check and I'm from Glendale).

Beer and wennies not. :hysterical:

Meatballs in white sauce, finger sandwiches, fruit kabob (not a gay guy named Robert) and other assorted hor de'ourves (sorry no spell check and I'm from Glendale).

Beer and wennies not. :hysterical:

Finger sandwiches? That's Jeffrey Dahmer's favorite snack. :hysterical:

If you look in his shower, you'll see what kind of shampoo he uses....head and shoulders.

When asked once if he was busy on a Friday night, he said "I'm having a friend for dinner". :fan:

You know what carnut...I have no idea what Glendale is....but that is FUNNY....I can only guess the reputation it has....kinda like we make fun here in Indiana of our friends to the south.

Dave

Finger sandwiches? That's Jeffrey Dahmer's favorite snack. :hysterical:

If you look in his shower, you'll see what kind of shampoo he uses....head and shoulders.

When asked once if he was busy on a Friday night, he said "I'm having a friend for dinner". :fan:

You know what carnut...I have no idea what Glendale is....but that is FUNNY....I can only guess the reputation it has....kinda like we make fun here in Indiana of our friends to the south.

Dave

Maybe the funniest thing is that we are viewed a bunch of small town red necks, but the newspaper here report a few years ago the richest zip codes were actually in Glendale, bet that surprised a few.

Beer and wennies, but all beef weenies :hysterical:

Maybe this is the Tour?

"The Shelby GT500 tour began June 8 through 10 in Tulsa, Okla., at the 32nd Annual Mid-America Ford Performance & Shelby Meet. The new Shelby Mustang will then travel to Charlotte, N.C.; Kansas City, MO; Danville, Va.; Tampa, Fla.; Boston; Fort Worth, Texas and Birmingham, Al., among other locations. It will conclude at the end of September in Las Vegas. The schedule for the tour is subject to change and vehicle event availability."

:shift:

Maybe this is the Tour?

"The Shelby GT500 tour began June 8 through 10 in Tulsa, Okla., at the 32nd Annual Mid-America Ford Performance & Shelby Meet. The new Shelby Mustang will then travel to Charlotte, N.C.; Kansas City, MO; Danville, Va.; Tampa, Fla.; Boston; Fort Worth, Texas and Birmingham, Al., among other locations. It will conclude at the end of September in Las Vegas. The schedule for the tour is subject to change and vehicle event availability."

:shift:

Hmmm...subject to "event availability"....perhaps there should be a KR tour next summer at the "event" we may be having in Tulsa. :shift:

Went to Grass Roots Tour, nice little event, was catered

There were about 5 Shelby Gt 500's there, 2 red coupes, 1 vista blue coupe, a white coupe and a red vert. There was a GTH as well as a Shelby GT and a Cobra R. There were also a couple of Ford GTs. The white coupe was number 22 and signed by Carroll Shelby.

There was also some old iron, the most interesting was a E500 Shelby square back 68 model Mustang. This car was an experimental car actually built by Shelby. It was 428 powered and had an independent rear suspension, now that's a novel idea. it also had an integral rear spoiler. It was supposed to have gone to the crusher back in the 60's but escaped. I really never knew about the car, but its the real deal. One only in existance. Wonder what the ADM is on it.

Also on hand was one of Ford's Marketing Managers. He said there were going to be some really cool things coming out from Ford. Also a lot of parts for the Shelby available this spring. There will be a supercharger upgrade kit as well as the drag packs similar to that available for Mustang GT.

The Shelby GT will be about $35K. It's a nice looking car.

I took a bunch of pictures but can't post them as my regular computer is down and my laptop is too big a pain to down load them.

The marketing guy said if I go to their event at the Pavilions tomorrow night he would save me a spot in their display. Sounded like fun, so I committed to go.

I will post pictures later. :cheerleader:

Interesting. How did they know their car was #22? Can you ask them? We've had other post here about this topic which concluded that nobody will know their production # until April.

Interesting. How did they know their car was #22? Can you ask them? We've had other post here about this topic which concluded that nobody will know their production # until April.

The Ford Rep confirmed this claim. The first 50 were number to match their production, so its serial was xxx022.

This has already been discussed, it's bogus we will all find out come the end of the model year.

I know...but the guy claiming Ford ID'd the first 50 by 001, 002, etc... up to 050 seemed confident in his statement. I'm with you. I think it's bogus and the guy that bought the car thinking it was #22 was screwed.

I have a guy in my area that swears his is #17, his number is xx017. If this was true I think important people (Bill Gates, Tiger Woods, etc) would have gotten those cars not just Joe Smoe on the streets. I could be wrong I am in no ways an authority on this and doesn't really matter to me I would take any of them if they would get it to my dealer already!

Can you ask him to look up his build date? It will be on in his paperwork...not on the car. If he can't find it, then ask for his full VIN number as I think another member here has the ability to look it up. We could debunk this if his build date isn't either June 6 or June 7.

He was first at his dealer, took what they order (wasn't able to pick color or options) HAHAHA! He took delivery Aug. 1st so a can't believe it was built that early, although it came in with 49 miles on it. HAHAHA

I will try to get the numbers, I only see him at a weekly car meet and don't have his number.

That would be great...my car was built on June 7, but the last three digits are 142. I don't think they built 142 cars in two days. Especially since they where piloting the build on June 6.

• 3 months later...

I saw the Shelby at the tour in Charlotte. It was very low key. Mark Fields was there and they let you look around the car and sit in it. It was a white with blue stripes convertible.

Tim,

It was nice talking to you tonight on the phone. Sounds like you live over by Ruf. I hope I was able to help you brother. I hope you get your new GT soon. Welcome to the site and enjoy. There is alot of good people here. You should start a thread of your own to track your new car.

Rob

Tim,

It was nice talking to you tonight on the phone. Sounds like you live over by Ruf. I hope I was able to help you brother. I hope you get your new GT soon. Welcome to the site and enjoy. There is alot of good people here. You should start a thread of your own to track your new car.

Rob

:lastyear:

Archived