TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Lower grille.

I work at a Ford dealership and i noticed that the front cover (7R3Z.17D957.APTM) that i ordered for our bodyshop the other day came in with the lower airducts already molded into the cover.

Does that mean that the lower grille for the KR mite be able to be ordered from Ford? The customer asked me about it today so I thought I would post and check for him if anyone else has heard about it.

I'm pretty sure that these are available on the Shelby site already.

The lower GT500 grille with brake duct inlet bezels are listed in shelbyperformanceparts.com catalog. (see below snapshot)

I don't know if they're currently in stock or not to add to non-KR, non-Super Snake 500's.

Torched05Stang... Can you get the dealer lower grill part w/air duct cut-outs any cheaper than the $210. listed below?

May be just me but I LOVE the look of these brake ducts.

I thought these ducts looked fantastic from the moment the first press photos of the silver/blue 2008 GT500KR show car were released--- and they're fully functional for cooling if you add the tubes and route them to front brake assemblies.

It's another subtle styling cue that works perfectly with the distinctive GT500 front fascia... wouldn't look as natural on a non-GT500 Mustang.

(related note- it struck me while reading latest month's car mags: One drawback to the 09 Dodge Challenger R/T-- strictly from an appearance standpoint-- front appearance of the 425hp Hemi R/T is not going to be THAT distinctive from the eventual V6 engined entry-level Challenger. A different chin spoiler maybe, added hood scoops too but from half-a-block away it will be much more difficult to distinguish the R/T from the non-RT.... as contrasted with the instantly-recognizable glare that our GT500's possess vs. all other mustang models...i'm just sayin'......)

team_shelby_brake_ducts.jpg

team_shelby_brake_ducts_ii.jpg

The lower GT500 grille with brake duct inlet bezels are listed in shelbyperformanceparts.com catalog. (see below snapshot)

I don't know if they're currently in stock or not to add to non-KR, non-Super Snake 500's.

Torched05Stang... Can you get the dealer lower grill part w/air duct cut-outs any cheaper than the $210. listed below?

May be just me but I LOVE the look of these brake ducts.

I thought these ducts looked fantastic from the moment the first press photos of the silver/blue 2008 GT500KR show car were released--- and they're fully functional for cooling if you add the tubes and route them to front brake assemblies.

It's another subtle styling cue that works perfectly with the distinctive GT500 front fascia... wouldn't look as natural on a non-GT500 Mustang.

(related note- it struck me while reading latest month's car mags: One drawback to the 09 Dodge Challenger R/T-- strictly from an appearance standpoint-- front appearance of the 425hp Hemi R/T is not going to be THAT distinctive from the eventual V6 engined entry-level Challenger. A different chin spoiler maybe, added hood scoops too but from half-a-block away it will be much more difficult to distinguish the R/T from the non-RT.... as contrasted with the instantly-recognizable glare that our GT500's possess vs. all other mustang models...i'm just sayin'......)

team_shelby_brake_ducts.jpg

team_shelby_brake_ducts_ii.jpg

NO,Dont think that I can get them at all.Looks like there Shelby only parts. The part number tells me that. The first part of a Ford part number for a Mustang would start with 7R3Z and these have a 7S3Z.

But I'm going to keep a eye out everytime that we get new software from Ford to look up the grille at least.

NO,Dont think that I can get them at all.Looks like there Shelby only parts. The part number tells me that. The first part of a Ford part number for a Mustang would start with 7R3Z and these have a 7S3Z.

But I'm going to keep a eye out everytime that we get new software from Ford to look up the grille at least.

Here is link to Moss for the same item

http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/ViewProduc...teIndexID=66438

Archived