TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford offers their own Polish???

I was talking to an owner of a gorgeous Ford GT and he said he does not wax his car but uses a Ford Polish that is made specifically for the paint Ford uses with clear coats.

Does anyone know anything about this?

All he used at the show was distalled water for quick touch ups as well!

Car looked amazing!

I was talking to an owner of a gorgeous Ford GT and he said he does not wax his car but uses a Ford Polish that is made specifically for the paint Ford uses with clear coats.

Car looked amazing!

:shades: I dont think so.

Car looked amazing!

Well yes and no. Does Ford sell polish & wax at the dealership parts counter, yes. Does Ford manufacture these items, no.

Most car manufacturers sell relabeled detailing supplies thru their dealerships. From polish to tire dressing they sell it in Ford branded bottles/cans.

The Ford polish your friend uses on his GT is the same polish Ford sells for the Focus.

Steve

That's correct. ZC-8-A Polish is not specifically formulated for any one type of paint. It is simply put, just another polish.

I believe it's from 3Ms line of polishes, and is a trade off from the middle to light polish.

Although the ICE paste is one of the best protectants I've ever used on a clear coat.

Yes I have, but switched to a full cotton terry towel and turn if very often (if you don't get Made in U.S. MF towels and have a dark car, you'll notice it will leave marks I can even notice it on my painted Vista Blues stripes, and went back to cotton terry) and Adam's Polish Detail Spray. I promise, you won't be dissapointed.

Cheap MF towels found at parts stores or Costco will scratch the finish of any dark color car. With light colors you can get away using them. The towels I've linked below are the best I have found. Using with a quality wash and wax product will keep the swirls away. I use the small ones to wash the car and the larger ones to dry. This is one area that you get what you pay for.

<<LINK>>

Yes I have, but switched to a full cotton terry towel and turn if very often (if you don't get Made in U.S. MF towels and have a dark car, you'll notice it will leave marks I can even notice it on my painted Vista Blues stripes, and went back to cotton terry) and Adam's Polish Detail Spray. I promise, you won't be dissapointed.

+100 on the Adams products :)

+1 on the Made in USA all cotton white terry.

The Made in USA part isn't patriotic - if you go to a bath store, you have to hunt for "made in USA". When you find it, you can seriously tell the difference.

Forget the microfiber, these are the real deal.

And I'll use a MF for one swipe on the windshield with Invisible Glass, then finish with a cotton sack bar towel....perfect glass every time.

Cheap MF towels found at parts stores or Costco will scratch the finish of any dark color car. With light colors you can get away using them. The towels I've linked below are the best I have found. Using with a quality wash and wax product will keep the swirls away. I use the small ones to wash the car and the larger ones to dry. This is one area that you get what you pay for.

<<LINK>>

Wow. I bought a huge pack of the yellow MF towels from costco. Guess I shouldn't use them on my 500 since I don't want to risk any swirls. I do need some new large MF drying towels. These look kind of pricey.

Do they leave any streaks whatsoever? How many towels and what size do you think would be needed to dry the 500 each time?

They last a LONG time though. They are expensive, agreed, but well worth it. Adam's microfiber towels are also amazing. I have never had a problem with them. I keep about 5 on hand for doing the whole car, and I use the cheap microfiber ones for doing the plastic, interior, glass, metal, and engine compartment with. Oh, and the wheels/tires.

They last a LONG time though. They are expensive, agreed, but well worth it. Adam's microfiber towels are also amazing. I have never had a problem with them. I keep about 5 on hand for doing the whole car, and I use the cheap microfiber ones for doing the plastic, interior, glass, metal, and engine compartment with. Oh, and the wheels/tires.

I had 3 large Waffle Weave (Sonus brand) purchased from Autopia-carcare.com / I recently had an issue of streaking badly and I won't return to Autopia or buy another Sonus towel.

I'm trying to decide between DFs Concourse (cotton microfiber) and Adam's although the Adams towels look smaller?

What's your opinion? I mainly need drying towels

I don't own either the ADAM's or the DF towels. In your opinion, which should I go for?

Thanks!

I don't own either the ADAM's or the DF towels. In your opinion, which should I go for?

Thanks!

I have never used Adams towels so I cannot say which are better. I do use the small and medium DF towels for light drying, touchup detailing and buffing (after applying polish); they are very absorbant and high quality. For drying after a wash, I prefer to use several larger cotton towels. I buy large 100% cotton bath towels that are made in the USA. My wife cuts them in half, removes the edges and any labels and sews around the edges with cotton thread which reinforces and keeps them from fraying. Each of my towels measures approximately 26" x 35". When drying, I typically go through three of these towels - when one is damp I switch to a clean dry one. Okay, some of you might think I get carried away with this towel business but after making mistakes with washing previous cars and getting swirls in the paint, I've gotten pretty particular with washing my Shelby. After nearly a year of washing, I have not encountered any visible swirls in my car's Vista Blue paint. I might add that I machine wash the towels after each use - with liquid detergent and a double rinse cycle.

This site sells a large size DF towel which is 20" x 36".

http://www.microfiberplus.com/microfiber.htm

One thing I might suggest when washing your car is this - remove the nozzle from the hose and do a final rinse with the water streaming directly from the hose. This removes a substantial amount of water from the surface leaving less of it to towel dry.

I do use the yellow Costco MF towels - but only on the wheels, under the hood, and on the interior surfaces.

Archived