TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500KR Shelby

The long and greuling wait is almost over as they have started production, now the real challenge is at hand, waiting until they get to mine.

Patience is a virtue they say and all good things come to those who wait, don't you ever wonder who created these phrases.

I for one am looking very forward to taking delivery of this amazing car created by two of the best in the business, Ford and Shelby, together again at last.

I am just curious of haw many people on this forum are actually buying or getting a KR.

The long and greuling wait is almost over as they have started production, now the real challenge is at hand, waiting until they get to mine.

Patience is a virtue they say and all good things come to those who wait, don't you ever wonder who created these phrases.

I for one am looking very forward to taking delivery of this amazing car created by two of the best in the business, Ford and Shelby, together again at last.

I am just curious of haw many people on this forum are actually buying or getting a KR.

I know the feeling, waited almost 10 months for my CSX and it will be here next week :happy feet:

Welllll... I was excited about the prospect of a 2008KR ever since the times when the GT500s were still a rumour. I've had a deposit down at a dealer for over a year, and ordered "My KR" a few months back. My deposit just buys me first right-of-refusal, so I get a chance to go see the car face to face before I make the final decision - AND before we haggle on price. Thats a good thing, some people have questioned putting down a deposit without a price, but the I think the dealer is being very honest - he wants to have a car ready to sell, before he plays his price-card...

But I've got to admit that my enthusiasm has kind of waned over the past few months. I still think its a fantastic car, but with GT500s @ MSRP, it make the KR at MSRP look awfully steep. If they had decided to do it in Yellow, I would be in for sure - to match the yellow '68 GT500KR in the garage. The black looks cool, but it doesn't make the perfect set...

In the meantime, I got bored waiting and ordered a new car for my wife - a Mini! In yellow, so I'm keeping up the theme... We were going to buy a bare bones Mini and save the rest to go towards the KR, but in the end, I decided to get a loaded Mini Cooper-S. That put paid to anything but a token ADM on the KR... I'm still in at MSRP, but anything more is a no-go.

I wish they would hurry up, because if the KR doesn't work out, I'll be picking up something else - an Extreme, BlackJack, GT500, something like that, and I do want a 2008 (I like the '8s - its all about patterns! :-> ) There's a nice yellow Extreme sitting up in Washington, but at $104k, that may be a little too much of a stretch

On another note, I just discovered that my S281 is one of just 363 total SN-95 S281 Coupes, and one of just 59 from 1998. I don't have a breakdown on colour, but that makes her almost certainly more "rare" than my '68. 1-of-1 perhaps? Who-da thunk? Perhaps if it seems like that will fetch a great price, I can pick up that Extreme after all! :happy feet:

I've seen a couple of posts about "shipped last weekend", "ready to start building", but I still haven't seen a *real* answer on when they are going to start turning up in dealerships. I'm still looking forward to the "first-sight", who knows, it might be love?

There have already been deliveries as long as a month ago from what I understand.

I saw one a few weeks ago in a mall parking lot ((((shudder)))) and spoke with a sales manager at the dealership where I bought my car and he was telling me a horror story about one of his customers who had already TOTALED his.

Story goes, the guy spent $70k O-V-E-R sticker on the car, had it about a week, got a flat tire. Flatbed tow truck was just hoisting it up on the side of a highway when out of nowhere a car swerved onto the shoulder, hit the KR, and completely totaled it. Then to add to his misery, the story continues! Insurance says to him that there is no listing for value on the car yet, so he may not even get replacement cost at STICKER price (let's not forget the extra $70,000 he paid over that), and 2 days later when letting his boat into the water he forgot to set his parking brake on his brand new truck.... in the water it went... totaled out.

In a week's time this guy supposedly lost a KR and what sounded like an expensive truck of some sort. My rear end replacement didn't sound too bad to me after hearing that.

There have already been deliveries as long as a month ago from what I understand.

I saw one a few weeks ago in a mall parking lot ((((shudder)))) and spoke with a sales manager at the dealership where I bought my car and he was telling me a horror story about one of his customers who had already TOTALED his.

Story goes, the guy spent $70k O-V-E-R sticker on the car, had it about a week, got a flat tire. Flatbed tow truck was just hoisting it up on the side of a highway when out of nowhere a car swerved onto the shoulder, hit the KR, and completely totaled it. Then to add to his misery, the story continues! Insurance says to him that there is no listing for value on the car yet, so he may not even get replacement cost at STICKER price (let's not forget the extra $70,000 he paid over that), and 2 days later when letting his boat into the water he forgot to set his parking brake on his brand new truck.... in the water it went... totaled out.

In a week's time this guy supposedly lost a KR and what sounded like an expensive truck of some sort. My rear end replacement didn't sound too bad to me after hearing that.

Ek, ouch, :censored::cry:

If the other driver was able to walk out, they would have had to call a meat wagon if I was there ... and that's just for the GT500, let alone a KR.

My brother once did something similar with is boat. "Luckily" it jackknifed bending the tongue and slowing it down for someone to jump into the drivers seat (passenger door where I was was locked) and hit the brakes before it got to any water damage level. Still able to drive it home without much problem. :whew:

It has to be BS.

Village Ford recieved the first KR delivered to a dealer yesterday. Jim Owens from Shelby was here and took a picture of it comming out of the trailer. Customer is picking it up at 1pm today.

One was delivered to Woodhouse Ford in Blair, Nebraska today.

08KR0053

I have pictures but too large to post.

One was delivered to Woodhouse Ford in Blair, Nebraska today.

08KR0053

I have pictures but too large to post.

wow number 53 that is a very low number good for the owner I hope it is as amazing in person as it looks in pic's

Here are a couple of pictures that I took of the 2008 GT500KR that was delivered to Woodhouse Ford in Blair, Nebraska on Saturday June 14, 2008.

Picture020.jpg

Picture021.jpg

WOW, NO.#53 that is a very, very low numbered car, congrats to the new owner. awesome car

Archived