TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Green GT500

won2try

Could anyone tell me if they ever produced a GT500 in that light metallic green? I thought I seen a little pic of one in MMFF magazine but that was the only one I have ever see.(could have been a clone) Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Could anyone tell me if they ever produced a GT500 in that light metallic green? I thought I seen a little pic of one in MMFF magazine but that was the only one I have ever see.(could have been a clone) Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I had a 67,390 car, that was that lime green. I liked it but the color was not popular with some people. Years later I got a 1668 gt500 kr vert, that car was the dark green color, I do not remember any lime green cars in the 68 or later years.------------Mike

At the end of this video....you will see the green GT500.

I knew I could find it.

It just took me a few minutes.

I actually like the looks of the GT500 legend lime green with white stipres, anyone know if this video was shot at a Ford engineering plant?

I had a 67,390 car, that was that lime green. I liked it but the color was not popular with some people. Years later I got a 1668 gt500 kr vert, that car was the dark green color, I do not remember any lime green cars in the 68 or later years.------------Mike

Actually they did have lime green ( I believe it was actually named Lime Gold, but it was green) in the '68's & '69's, I can't remember if it continued into '70. I had a '69 Mach I that was Lime, and a friend had a '68 GT500KR that was also Lime. I don't believe Lime was available on the '69 Shelbys however.

Thanks for the replies. My wife said if I can find that green with the silver stripes 07 I can get it, and then she will drive the 03 cobra. So, if anyone sees one forsale please P.M. me A.S.A.P.

Grabber thanks for the video, i'll be watching it a few more times.

Actually they did have lime green ( I believe it was actually named Lime Gold, but it was green) in the '68's & '69's, I can't remember if it continued into '70. I had a '69 Mach I that was Lime, and a friend had a '68 GT500KR that was also Lime. I don't believe Lime was available on the '69 Shelbys however.

The colour Lime Gold was available in 67`& 68 the only Green for 69` was a Grabber Green. The most popular colour for 67 & 68 was , you guessed it Lime Gold.

Sorry, no green 2007-2008 Shelby's were ever produced for sale. I would have liked one in Metallic British Racing Green with gold stripes, but it never came true. Too bad IMO.

I actually like the looks of the GT500 legend lime green with white stipres, anyone know if this video was shot at a Ford engineering plant?

That was taken between the Hwy and the back side of the building of SAI in Las Vegas

Thanks for the replies. My wife said if I can find that green with the silver stripes 07 I can get it, and then she will drive the 03 cobra. So, if anyone sees one forsale please P.M. me A.S.A.P.

Grabber thanks for the video, i'll be watching it a few more times.

Seen a Lime Green-Gold with Lemans silver stripe Test Mule go by my house (I'm six miles from AAI plant) in early 2006. It was a pre-production car and seen it again on the road in Flat Rock. BTW, seen what I believe was a 2010 GT500 in full bra go by my house and had square dual exhaust pipes rather than the round one's we have.....then again Test Mule! :shift:

At the end of this video....you will see the green GT500.

I knew I could find it.

It just took me a few minutes.

I don't think that was green. I think it was the way the sun or lighting was hitting it, but I think that was a tungsten color.

They discontinued the legend lime in 06. The GT500 started as a 07.

Now IF that was really a legend lime I would like to know what they did with it? That would be one RARE GT500 to have!

If you look again those stripes are not white. Those are silver stripes.

Actually, I question if that is the legend lime. I think it is the tungsten with silver stripes and the way the lighting is hitting it in that video is making it appear as if it might be green.

On a related note, MM&FF magazine was able to get Ford to supply them with a Windveil Blue 07 GT500 that they are currently building up for a variety of tech articles. This is the only Windveil Blue GT500 in existence as it was not offered to the public for sale. It has appeared in several issues of MM&FF and its debut article they noted it as the only one of that color.

won2try - You can always order a stripe delete car and find someone to paint it Legend Lime. As for the video, the first car looked like Screaming Yellow to me as opposed to Grabber Orange, but in the light might have just been the GO.

BTW, seen what I believe was a 2010 GT500 in full bra go by my house and had square dual exhaust pipes rather than the round one's we have.....then again Test Mule! :shift:

I'm sorry, but you have bad information. :hysterical:

The GT500 is a limited edition car only for the 2007 and 2008 model years.

Maybe you should get your eyes checked?

:hysterical:

I think they should make one for '09 in the same color as the Bullitt. I believe it is called Dark Hunter Green. I did not research that, so, I may be wrong.

Anyway, that color with white stripes would be hard to resist.

Green67GT500-1.jpg

I think they should make one for '09 in the same color as the Bullitt. I believe it is called Dark Hunter Green. I did not research that, so, I may be wrong.

Green67GT500-1.jpg

That's the color I wanted. Had to settle for the fastest color, torch red.

If they build it, I'll buy it!

:hysterical:

Green67GT500-1.jpg

I '68 it was actually called Highland Green, and in '67 it was Dark Moss Green, they are slightly different colors. I agree, I wish they had built the '07 GT500 in Dark Moss Green, I would have ordered it with White stripes.

Hi,

As a card carrying member of the Legend Lime Registry, let me impart what I know.

The LL with Tungsten stripes GT 500 was indeed a test car. It now lives in Woodland Park CO. It's owner is a retired Ford Motor Co exec. I am trying to find the pics on the LLR website and will post them as soon as I located them

Legend Lime, nee Lime Gold was a 5 year color -67, 68, 69, 05 + 06. I am real partial to 69 Lime Gold Boss 302s.

When I purchased a paint pen at the Ford store, I gave them my paint code and the bottle I got says Lime Gold. It is somewhat of a weird color. When we get a bunch of LLR cars together, the shade variation car to car is amazing.

Legend Lime is the lowest production color of all S197s - 4.1% in 05 and 3.9 in 06. Interesting, considering Mineral gray was a one year (05) color.

The most import thing about Legend Lime cars, is that chicks dig them. I get a lot compliments from the ladies. I could have done without "nice car, grandpa" from an 18 year old bimbo in Orange County! :hysterical:

One last thing, if they resurrect the color for a future Shelby, half of the 500 members of the Registry will line up for one.

Regards,

Michael

Archived