TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Polished KB price???

shelby performance parts catalog:

$6499 for black

$7199 for polished

Good question. I had asked SAI the same question about the KB blowerupgrade to 725 HP. The cost differential in the Shelby catalog including the throttlebody versus the TVS blower was only $870 yet the package price is $4000 more. The answer Amy gave me was labor, but both blowers require install so that did not seem to make a lot of sense. There is some cost for the driveshaft change but not enough to justify that type of cost difference. Somebody internally at SAI told me that the decision was simply based on supply and demand and that since the 725 HP buyers are willing to pay 32K(non polished), SAI can charge the 4 grand, and it helped them pay for things like the panhard bar change and other changes that cost money. Unfortunately the 725 HP group is in effect absorbing the costs of the entire group(nothing against all the great 605HP guys out there). SAI sees costs in terms of total program cost not necessarily specific vehicle cost. So money coming in on 725hp cars can offset costs incurred on all cars.

I agree that SS owners who are already a good SAI customer should certainly not pay more than catalog pricing on upgrades, that includes superchargers and supercharger finishes. Non of us liked ADM's when we bought our Shelby's.....how is this different? Just my .02

Good question. I had asked SAI the same question about the KB blowerupgrade to 725 HP. The cost differential in the Shelby catalog including the throttlebody versus the TVS blower was only $870 yet the package price is $4000 more. The answer Amy gave me was labor, but both blowers require install so that did not seem to make a lot of sense. There is some cost for the driveshaft change but not enough to justify that type of cost difference. Somebody internally at SAI told me that the decision was simply based on supply and demand and that since the 725 HP buyers are willing to pay 32K(non polished), SAI can charge the 4 grand, and it helped them pay for things like the panhard bar change and other changes that cost money. Unfortunately the 725 HP group is in effect absorbing the costs of the entire group(nothing against all the great 605HP guys out there). SAI sees costs in terms of total program cost not necessarily specific vehicle cost. So money coming in on 725hp cars can offset costs incurred on all cars.

I agree that SS owners who are already a good SAI customer should certainly not pay more than catalog pricing on upgrades, that includes superchargers and supercharger finishes. Non of us liked ADM's when we bought our Shelby's.....how is this different? Just my .02

Yelp, seems like simple math to me. I doubt there is any difference in labor costs between installing the black vs the polished version. So, I still ask the question why it is $700 more in the catalog but $1300 more for the SS package....anyone?

Yelp, seems like simple math to me. I doubt there is any difference in labor costs between installing the black vs the polished version. So, I still ask the question why it is $700 more in the catalog but $1300 more for the SS package....anyone?

You may want to post the question on the Ask Amy section also. She is pretty good about responding- or just email her and let us know. I have been asking her a few things lately so I will lay low on this one

You may want to post the question on the Ask Amy section also. She is pretty good about responding- or just email her and let us know. I have been asking her a few things lately so I will lay low on this one

Mommy, Jimmy wants me to ask if we can have some ice cream.

Don't worry, Amy won't figure it out. :)

Not that this answers your question about the $700 difference, but when I asked a question about the "Satin" blower that was a $650 upgrade in the original SS literature, I was told by a KB representitive that there was never a satin blower option. There were two blowers offered by KB originally, Black/Satin, which is the Black blower with the satin finish inlet, and Polished. By the time the specs and prices for the 725 SS package were put together, it listed Black as being standard for the installation, Satin as a $650 upgrade, and Polished as a $1200 upgrade.<<<But according to KB, Black/Satin were the same blower, and still are.

R

Not that this answers your question about the $700 difference, but when I asked a question about the "Satin" blower that was a $650 upgrade in the original SS literature, I was told by a KB representitive that there was never a satin blower option. There were two blowers offered by KB originally, Black/Satin, which is the Black blower with the satin finish inlet, and Polished. By the time the specs and prices for the 725 SS package were put together, it listed Black as being standard for the installation, Satin as a $650 upgrade, and Polished as a $1200 upgrade.<<<But according to KB, Black/Satin were the same blower, and still are.

R

That is correct. There is black with satin inlet and polished. That is all that Kenne Bell sells. They never had 3 options. The issue here is why the price is higher for SS owners than catalog buyers. When you add up the 4k price difference of the 725 HP package vs. the 605(catalog difference of only $870 compared to the TVS setup) and then add $1200 for the SS polished option which is double the polished option cost from KB.- you can start scratching your head to the tune of over 5k. As an SS buyer I am no tightwad, but I still like to understand the pricing and would like to think that SS owners do not pay xtra premiums for these options.

Oh and regarding the unecessary "ice cream" analogy ... Those of us experienced in business and life know that at times a familiar or frequent voice is sometimes more easily dismissed , especially if that familiar voice has been raising issues with some frequency lately. A second voice or third voice can sometimes help move the ball downfield. I contact Amy directly on issues (with some good results) when needed, however that does not mean that the same person will always be the most effective at getting things done. If more people were proactive in a positive way more gets done-plain and simple. Now go eat your ice cream.

Anyone please correct if what I spectulate is wrong.

1. The cost for the 725hp option was going to be the same if the same blower could be used as on 605 option $27995 (tuning difference)

2. JBA manifold and back system for the 725 horsepower option

3. 1 piece drive shaft for the 725hp option

4. Hurst shifter with the white knob.

As listed above the 725hp package was increased to cover the above options to $31995 from $27995

then Jba system was dropped "EPA regulations" and #4 was dropped both without price adjustments down. I believe the price seperation of $4000 is necessary or everyone with a coupe would opt for for the 725hp option and it still looks thats the case anyway even with the added cost. I still would have liked to have the JBA system even if it was not installed, just shipped as an extra...install @ your own risk or a credit to be used to purchase other Shelby products.

What is fair? and am I right or wrong?

Opps sorry everyone commented on wrong price adjustment.. I still would like feed back on my comments good and bad. :fear:

What is fair? and am I right or wrong?

I will venture a guess, knowing I may get flamed. I am not an authority on SAI or this forum, just a business owner.

Many things in life are not fair. Gas at $4.50/gal is not fair. Corporations are expected to make a profit. Pricing is set based on supply and demand. I suspect the difference is corporate profit mark-up. What is a fair profit mark-up depends if you are the seller or buyer. All SS literature I saw contained a caveate that price and package were subject to change.

Fairness on pricing is an impossible arguement to make after hundreds or thousands of people were willing to pay the price. Sorry to put water on the fire.

Fairness on pricing is an impossible arguement to make after hundreds or thousands of people were willing to pay the price. Sorry to put water on the fire.

1 vote fair 0 votes not fair

Thanks for you input.

I also am a buisness owner. Market value is what someone is willing to pay and not a penny more.

guys, at the risk of not having a flame suit, i was at Shelby's mod shop on friday droping off my GT500 for the 725 upgrade and being a business owner and careful about how my money sqeezes out of my sqeaky wallet, i'll tell you i opted for the polished blower primarily because i love shinny things, and i have a black car and it needs some bling, but when i saw one in person i would have paid much,much,more the whole car in general makes my heart skip a beat. my one and only complaint was it is still to quiet, i'm going to either drill holes in my exhaust (jk) or get electric exhaust cut outs so i can crack it open a wee bit.these guys have it down, the take off parts are carefully boxed and palletized for pick up or delivery, first class all the way. i've died and gone to Shelby heaven. can't wait to light em up!!!!

Archived