TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Better sound

Keep me posted ok I think I may like them

Everyone wants to change the way the Shelby sounds, but the truth is that it sounds just fine from outside the car to everyone else! It's just that you as the driver can't hear what everyone else hears any more...I know, I used to have a 96 GT and the Flowmasters and I would hear them drone as I drove down the road. The Shelby's mufflers are behind the rear axle where the older Mustang's mufflers were in front of the rear axle and therefore the drone and more sound inside the car...

You already have one of the BEST performance exhaust systems on the vehicle that can be had unless you delete the mufflers totally and go with straight pipes out the back...The Flowmasters have been proven to reduce power somewhat on the dyno (proven by others who have changed and gone back)...

Just have your wife drive the car off down the street while you stand behind it, and you'll see what I mean....I'm leaving mine alone until I get my S/C added then I'll go with a set of shorty headers for a little better flow...other than that, the new FRPP X Pipe and FRPP Mufflers will stay in place...

Archived