TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mach 1 mustangs 1969 to 1973

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to have a 1970 351-4v, Callypso Coral Mach 1. She had a white interior, with white stripes, and a 3-spd manual, non ram-air. Really fun car to drive and if you did not get within 5' looked kick ass. I had 17x9.5 Edelbrock 409 wheels on her with staggered tires. will try to find some pics to post. I sold her to buy a new GT500 and bought the SGT instead.

I used to have a 1970 351-4v, Callypso Coral Mach 1. She had a white interior, with white stripes, and a 3-spd manual, non ram-air. Really fun car to drive and if you did not get within 5' looked kick ass. I had 17x9.5 Edelbrock 409 wheels on her with staggered tires. will try to find some pics to post. I sold her to buy a new GT500 and bought the SGT instead.

Assuming it was original, the white striped cars are rare!

My dad used to have one almost identical to yours. He purchased the car new in September of '69 and sold it in '73. It was also a 1970, 351-4V, Calypso Coral with white stripes and a white interior, except that it was a 3 speed auto with the shaker hood. I've always wondered how many Calypso Coral with white stripes and white interior were produced in 1970. That's actually the first time that I hear of another Calypso Coral with white stripes. Please post pics of your car if you can. I'll try to find a san of some old pics that were taken at the time my dad had the car and post them later. I should have it somewhere.

Here are a few old pics of my dad's former car, a Calypso Coral '70 Mach 1 that he never should have sold. These were scanned some time ago (it's in pdf format). Sorry for the quality but those were originally taken over 35 years ago, long before the digital era. Does anyone have a clue how many '70 Mach 1 were made with that color combo (Calypso Coral, white stripes, white interior)? If anyone has the info, I would be curious to know. BTW, dad and I look much younger on these pics. :hysterical:

Mach_1pics.pdf

Mach_1pics.pdf

Assuming it was original, the white striped cars are rare!

Assuming it was origional :headscratch: why the hell would you think it wouldn't be. I had a marti report to prove it, aparently the guy that wired me money to buy it sight unseen. I drove her on a truck and said goodbye

Archived