TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Poll: Which Wheel Cap is best for Stock Black wheel?

Which Wheel would look best for Stock Black Wheel?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. I'm seeking opinions on what wheel cap would look best with the stock Black 18" wheels.

• 1. Shelby GT - silver trim
    • 2. Snake with Red Shelby - silver trim
    • 3. Snake - silver trim
    • 4. Snake - black trim
    • 5. Snake with Red Shelby - black trim
    • 6. Shelby GT - black trim
    • 7. Mustang - keep it original
    • 8. I hate polls...figure it out yourself

Here are pictures of the hubs available from SPP.... I should add that I have plenty of snakes already on my SGT. All hubs are about the same price ($100-$110 for 4).

Link to shelbyperformanceparts.com

100447.jpg

Wheel : GT Hubcap

Shelby GT hubcap

SKU: 100447 Part No: 5S3Z-1130-GT

100449.jpg

Shelby Hubcap

SKU: 100449 Part No: 5S3Z-1130-SHLBY

100450.jpg

Shelby Snake Hubcap

SKU: 100450 Part No: 5S3Z-1130-SNAKE

100790.jpg

Black Shelby Snake Hubcap

SKU: 100790 Part No: 5S3Z-1130-SNKBK

100791.jpg

Black Shelby Hubcap

SKU: 100791 Part No: 5S3Z-1130-SHLBK

100792.jpg

Black Shelby GT hubcap

SKU: 100792 Part No: 5S3Z-1130-GTBK

5R3Z-1130-BA_md.jpgFord stock

[edit] added SPP link to post

100449.jpg

Shelby Hubcap

SKU: 100449 Part No: 5S3Z-1130-SHLBY

I ordered the "S" Cobra hub caps with red Shelby logo and silver trim because I have the 18" chrome bullits and the red accents the red on the vista blue SGT.

If I had the black SGT I would order the same hubcap but with the black trim to match the black bullit rims.

They have some nice choices and even staying stock is great.

#1 baby. Actually I wouldnt get them as eventually I would like to get new wheels.

Funny thing about the GT hubs is that SPP states that the hubs are "original" equipment for the SGT. They may be exclusive but they were never original equipment on either the 07 or 08 SGT. The problem I have with them is that I can read them. It would be difficult to park the car with all 4 wheels lined up correctly. :hysterical:

brakesback.jpgbrakes006.jpg

As per the SPP site's Special Notes.... Hubcaps are a cost effective option for customizing your stock wheels. These hubcaps will fit in place of the hubcaps on stock Ford Mustang GT wheels. Our Shelby GT and Shelby GT-H caps are original equipment for those vehicles. Sold in a set of 4.

I have never liked the "Shelby GT" version. I would go with one of the snakes to match your gas cap. I'd probably go with one of the ones without the polished bezel on a black wheel and the opposite on the polished wheels. It would help if you could see them on a wheel.

I really doubt if Amy will be special ordering any more items for our SGT's. People always post about how they are going to buy this stuff, Berg Gas Cap especially, and then "it seems" the post goes cold once the Berg Caps arrive! If I was SAI I wouldn't make the stuff any more either, why lose the money and head ache of ordering this stuff if no one buys it? I guess it is a personal thing and personally I like the Berg Cap, too each their own I guess-

I didnt know they were having trouble selling them, if thats the case then let us owners buy as many as we want, if i need to replace it in the future as i plan to keep my car for a long time and may need these specific parts never to be available again.

I didnt know they were having trouble selling them, if thats the case then let us owners buy as many as we want, if i need to replace it in the future as i plan to keep my car for a long time and may need these specific parts never to be available again.

They'll probably sell them on EBAY under an alias and make ten times the coin! :hysterical:

Yes, at Shelby Performance Parts.

I would go with option 1 and have the silver contrast to the stock black Bullits.

And I also have them in stock, and I take off 5% for all Team Shelby Club Members. I will have them with me in Tulsa if anyone's interested. I went with the shelby and Snake on mine.

Will the wheels caps fit the Razor wheels?

You raise an interesting question. I have a razor in my showroom display, but I never thought to try the caps since the razors come with their own which already have the cobra on them. If I remember right, the caps on the razors go on with a rubber gasket, while these caps are like the stock ones from Ford (relying on plastic fingers and a metal ring to give a little spring-like tension). I think the answer to your question is no, but I could tell you better after I get back from Tulsa, if I do not end up selling all of the caps.

If were talking about the gas cap, a reason they are having trouble selling them may be because they are not in stock yet.

Archived