TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY BEAR CALIPERS

I updated my brakes a couple of days ago. After bleeding the air out, I noticed brake fluid around the bleeders. So I double checked the lines, all of them were tight. Wiped everything down, pumped up the brakes and again I encountered brake fluid at the calipers. I started to freak.

I called Baer and spoke to one of their techs of my concern. He stated that the people over at SAI had the same concern. They actually sent someone over to Shelby to investigate this issue. They found out that it was only trapped fluid in the bleeder threads. The fix was soapy water. I removed the bleeder from the caliper and found out that bleeder had a very coarse thread. I would tend to think that the coarse thread makes for a quicker bleed time. ( you only have to barely crack open the bleeder to allow the air out)

I apllied the soapy water and some compressed air a couple of times, and my problem was gone.

The Baer people were a great help. I actually spoke to a tech within minutes. :happy feet: :happy feet:

shelbyhood118.jpg

I updated my brakes a couple of days ago. After bleeding the air out, I noticed brake fluid around the bleeders. So I double checked the lines, all of them were tight. Wiped everything down, pumped up the brakes and again I encountered brake fluid at the calipers. I started to freak.

I called Baer and spoke to one of their techs of my concern. He stated that the people over at SAI had the same concern. They actually sent someone over to Shelby to investigate this issue. They found out that it was only trapped fluid in the bleeder threads. The fix was soapy water. I removed the bleeder from the caliper and found out that bleeder had a very coarse thread. I would tend to think that the coarse thread makes for a quicker bleed time. ( you only have to barely crack open the bleeder to allow the air out)

I apllied the soapy water and some compressed air a couple of times, and my problem was gone.

The Baer people were a great help. I actually spoke to a tech within minutes. :happy feet: :happy feet:

shelbyhood118.jpg

I have spoked with the guys a Baer a few times and they have been VERY nice to me. Look forward to doing some stuff with them in the future.

michael morris

Archived