THANKS

FD

I GOT A 2008 MUSTANG SHELBY GT 500 TORCH RED, HOW CAN I TURN THIS CAR

INTO A SUPER SNAKE ,WHO DO YOU CONTACT, HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO DO

THIS,WHERE WILL THE CAR HAVE TO BE SHIP TOO, AND BOTTOM LINE WHAT IS THE

TOTAL COST, I WOULD LIKE THE 725 HP

THANKS

FD

IT WILL KICK THE HELL OUT OF $40,000. CALL SHELBY IN VEGAS.

702-942-7325

ADRIENNE IS THE SWEETEST

BOB

I GOT A 2008 MUSTANG SHELBY GT 500 TORCH RED, HOW CAN I TURN THIS CAR

INTO A SUPER SNAKE ,WHO DO YOU CONTACT, HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO DO

THIS,WHERE WILL THE CAR HAVE TO BE SHIP TOO, AND BOTTOM LINE WHAT IS THE

TOTAL COST, I WOULD LIKE THE 725 HP

THANKS

FD

725HP with the polished blower and tax is all over 36K. If you get you name on the SS list now it looks like late this year or early next before Shelby call your car in. SSs can also be done at Quantum Perf in TX and Tasca Ford in RI. I dont know what the wait is at these to shops.

If you want to take your car to SAI email cynthinaR@shelbyautos.com . She can put you on the list.

If you want to go to TX or RI you will need to call them and get on thier lists.

michael morris

725HP with the polished blower and tax is all over 46K. If you get you name on the SS list now it looks like late this year or early next before Shelby call your car in. SSs can also be done at Quantum Perf in TX and Tasca Ford in RI. I dont know what the wait is at these to shops.

If you want to take your car to SAI email cynthinaR@shelbyautos.com . She can put you on the list.

If you want to go to TX or RI you will need to call them and get on thier lists.

michael morris

$46K?????

I thought it was around $32K for the 725 HP?

They charge tax? I thought Nevada didn't have sales tax?

Yes they do.............add 7.85% (or so) to the Shelby total parts and labor conversion cost. The 725 is $32K. If you add the polished blower it is a $1300 addition, $33.3K. If you also add the Shelby/Eibach suspension add another $100, $33.4K and then 7.85% on top of that...........

^^^^^^^^This is if the prices have not changed^^^^^^^^^^^

If you also have to ship your car to and from Shelby, that could be another $2K-$4K depending on where you live in relation to Las Vegas. $40K can very easily be spent on a 725 conversion, and about $32K-$34K or so, on a 600 horse car.

I chose to buy the JBA 3" exhaust for the 725 (as was originally planned for the 725 build) from the Shelby parts catalog, it cost me an additional $1500. Once the 11" wide wheels are available............$$$??? It is not an inexpensive adventure, but yee-haa!! a 725 sounds like fun!!

R

Yes they do.............add 7.85% (or so) to the Shelby total parts and labor conversion cost. The 725 is $32K. If you add the polished blower it is a $1300 addition, $33.3K. If you also add the Shelby/Eibach suspension add another $100, $33.4K and then 7.85% on top of that...........

^^^^^^^^This is if the prices have not changed^^^^^^^^^^^

If you also have to ship your car to and from Shelby, that could be another $2K-$4K depending on where you live in relation to Las Vegas. $40K can very easily be spent on a 725 conversion, and about $34K or so on a 600 horse car.

I chose to buy the JBA 3" exhaust for the 725 (as was originally planned for the 725 build) from the Shelby parts catalog, it cost me an additional $1500. Once the 11" wide wheels are available............$$$??? It is not an inexpensive adventure, but yee-haa!! a 725 sounds like fun!!

R

They charge tax on labor in Nevada?

I thought it was just on parts.

They charge tax on labor in Nevada?

I thought it was just on parts.

I have been told it is on the conversion total. From what I understand, the labor is part of the conversion, the conversion is what is being taxed, plus anything else I add to my conversion, polished blower, Shelby/Eibach, etc.

R

I have been told it is on the conversion total. From what I understand, the labor is part of the conversion, the conversion is what is being taxed, plus anything else I add to my conversion, polished blower, Shelby/Eibach, etc.

R

Hum,

Well curiosity got the best of me. I went to the Nevada Tax website http://tax.state.nv.us/faq.htm

I then found that labor is not taxable as long as it is stated separately on the invoice. Could save us some money if they are doing it this way if I read it correctly.

How do I know what is taxable?

Nearly all tangible personal property transferred for value is taxable. This includes property purchased for lease or rent. Most goods, wares, and merchandise are taxable in Nevada. Services associated with the sale of tangible personal property may also be taxable. Only installation and repair/reconditioning service is not taxable if it is separately stated on the invoice. Most food purchases of unprepared or uncooked food is not taxable. You may write to the Department of Taxation at any of the District offices about the taxability of a specific item.

michael morris

Mike I did not know this... I signed the package from SAI in Vegas but planed to get the work done in RI. I assumed I would be given the choice when my turn came up on where to have the car built... does this mean I should contact RI if I want the car done there?

Kurtis

Hum,

Well curiosity got the best of me. I went to the Nevada Tax website http://tax.state.nv.us/faq.htm

I then found that labor is not taxable as long as it is stated separately on the invoice. Could save us some money if they are doing it this way if I read it correctly.

How do I know what is taxable?

Nearly all tangible personal property transferred for value is taxable. This includes property purchased for lease or rent. Most goods, wares, and merchandise are taxable in Nevada. Services associated with the sale of tangible personal property may also be taxable. Only installation and repair/reconditioning service is not taxable if it is separately stated on the invoice. Most food purchases of unprepared or uncooked food is not taxable. You may write to the Department of Taxation at any of the District offices about the taxability of a specific item.

I would contact SAI. A few months ago I specifically asked about taxes and additional charges added to the $31.995 725SS conversion so I would have no surprises when it came time to pay the bill. If I remember correctly, I was quoted the info. I mentioned in the above post #10.

R

Mike I did not know this... I signed the package from SAI in Vegas but planed to get the work done in RI. I assumed I would be given the choice when my turn came up on where to have the car built... does this mean I should contact RI if I want the car done there?

Kurtis

I will look into this more for you, but I know that you have to call Tasca and get on the list there. Ill email Cynthina and ask her to be sure.

michael morris

I would contact SAI. A few months ago I specifically asked about taxes and additional charges added to the $31.995 725SS conversion so I would have no surprises when it came time to pay the bill. If I remember correctly, I was quoted the info. I mentioned in the above post #10.

R

You pay tax ONLY on the PARTS, not the labor. I took my bill to the house so I dont have it here, but tax only on the parts.

michael morris

Kurtis

Just got an email back form Cynthia. You must contact Tasca or Quantum if you want to take your car there. Here is the contact info she just gave me. I hope this helps

michael morris

Mod Shop Contact Information

Tasca Ford

Dennis Gomes:

Office # 888 729-7778

Fax # 401 681-1307

dgomes@tasca.com

Kyle R. McCombs

Office # 401-681-1290

KMcCombs@Tasca.com

Quantum Performance

13700 & 13720 Diplomat Drive

Farmers Branch, Texas 75234

972-620-4440 main

972-620-4443 fax

Glen Martini:

Cell: 972-489-1427

gmartini@quantum-perf.com

Kenny Northum:

Cell: 214-793-4331

knorthum@quantum-perf.com

Jim Mango:

Cell: 214-636-0876

jmango@quantum-perf.com

You pay tax ONLY on the PARTS, not the labor. I took my bill to the house so I dont have it here, but tax only on the parts.

michael morris

Thanks Michael! That's what I was hoping to hear.

So it's just the total dollar amount on parts that is being taxed (7.85%), not the $33,400 for 725SS conversion, right? Let me know if I'm figuring this out right.

Correct. Say it's 25 grand in parts, then your getting taxed on the 25 grand not the whole 33,400.

michael morris

MM - I am also happy to save a buck or two. So how much of the $31995 was considered parts, and taxable, when you paid your bill for the Red car? Let me know when you get a chance, maybe I will have a few extra $$$ that I had planned for tax?? Nice!! Glad that this was clarified.

Thanks, Robert

I know from the guys at Quantum that in Texas all of it is taxed. At least in Texas the labor is not taxed only if you are doing repairs. If you are doing performance modifications it is considered "luxury" and therefore taxed. I am not sure if this is the same for the other, but this is true for Texas.

Vista

I know from the guys at Quantum that in Texas all of it is taxed. At least in Texas the labor is not taxed only if you are doing repairs. If you are doing performance modifications it is considered "luxury" and therefore taxed. I am not sure if this is the same for the other, but this is true for Texas.

Vista

I believe I remember seeing a quote from Kyle (at Tasca) where he said only the parts are taxed in Rhode Island (hope so).

Archived