TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Opinions on Membership

backafter20

If this has been covered, I apologize. Just send me a link.

I am curious as to whether Team Shelby members have found their paid membership to be worthwhile, as opposed to just participating on the free membership portions of the forum, which is incredibly informative. The listed benefits of membership seem a bit weak to justify the $50 membership fee. A members only portion of the website? With all the online forums, surely the latest news and info can't be kept secret for long? The regular newsletter and publication? How are those going? The decals and membership card are inexpensive, and I have a whole closet of Shelby/Mustang apparel already. The magazine, if still available, is one that was on the newsstands nationwide, and I already have it. So basically it is $50 for access to "members only" forum topics? I'm just asking. It's the unseen benefits that make it all worthwhile that I'm curious about. Have you gotten your $50 worth, or should I save it for more mods? I wonder what ratio we have here of paid to free memberships? Thanks for your opinions.

Agreed, $50 isn't that much money, but some things are worth it, and some are not. A $50 hood scoop fix is a great deal. A $50 hamburger is not. Since I have no way of knowing how much paid members are enjoying the benefits of membership, I just thought I'd ask. So far, not all of my responses (public and private) have been positive, but I don't want to miss out on a good thing if it's worth it. :D

Agreed, $50 isn't that much money, but some things are worth it, and some are not. A $50 hood scoop fix is a great deal. A $50 hamburger is not. Since I have no way of knowing how much paid members are enjoying the benefits of membership, I just thought I'd ask. So far, not all of my responses (public and private) have been positive, but I don't want to miss out on a good thing if it's worth it. :D

Does this seem worth it?

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=447862

My view is that I get more than $50 of annual entertainment value just participating on this forum!!

Anyway, have you ever had a $50 hamburger? I haven't either, but it might be a damn good one!!! How about a $100 hamburger...

http://thelongestlistofthelongeststuffatth...xpensive36.html

My suggestion would be to give it a try. It's no secret as to what the Club provides, really. Probably the guys out west w/in a decent drive from Vegas have the best deal because they can actually VISIT Shelby Autos and feel more like they are involved in a real club, whereas guys like me on the east coast may never get the chance.

and as a paying member you get to buy great things like the New Shelbt book :happy feet: and the New banners :happy feet:

and i'm quite sure that i would have never got BDAYBash tickets or have met Carroll and Amy without being a Team Member

or I might not even got me a GT 500 without going to the Bash :hysterical: i had to sweeten up the mrs. some how :hysterical3:

so to ME being a Team Member is Priceless :hysterical:

As a paid member of Team Shelby you would be entitled to have Robert get you lost in downtown Dearborn while trying to find the Henry Ford Museum. :hysterical: That's got to be worth something. :hysterical:

Last year when I became a member I received a package that had several small gifts including a GT500 key chain, a static widow sticker, and a membership T-shirt in my choice of color and size. I believe you now receive in addition a $10 off merchandise chip and a yearly annual Shelby magazine, well worth $50.

I think it's well worth the price of admission to me. Have a question, ask Mr. Shelby directly and receive a answer directly from him personally.

I'm glad everyone's enjoying the club. I'll be in soon...

As a paid member of Team Shelby you would be entitled to have Robert get you lost in downtown Dearborn while trying to find the Henry Ford Museum. :hysterical: That's got to be worth something. :hysterical:

Last year when I became a member I received a package that had several small gifts including a GT500 key chain, a static widow sticker, and a membership T-shirt in my choice of color and size. I believe you now receive in addition a $10 off merchandise chip and a yearly annual Shelby magazine, well worth $50.

I think it's well worth the price of admission to me. Have a question, ask Mr. Shelby directly and receive a answer directly from him personally.

Yes, the event seemed very worth it, though I have to wonder just how many "invite only" events I'd be able to actually attend. I'll probably join just to check it out. Thanks for the input.

Right now we have two scheduled so far. The Terlingua event and Dearborn event. We also have Tulsa our big National event that is happening next week that is looking to be 4 days packed with events and Carroll will be at this event all fours days in some fashion and we are going to be doing something special for Team Shelby members who are paid particpants. Watch your e-mail I will be mailing off details by Tuesday.

Also we just did the Virgina on Track event.

We also have a Gingerman Mi Team Shelby on Track event. We will also will be attending Road America WI.

Remember we are still in our first year as the club and already will have three exclusive events , Birthday, Dearborn and Terlingua and our National event in Tulsa and two so far on Track events Virgina and Gingerman.

For $50.00 its worth it. Some local car clubs Im in charge $30 and you get a membership card and newsletter each month. So for $20 more I get some goodies and the events look good even though I havent been able to attend due to schedule issues. I think its a good buy.

If this has been covered, I apologize. Just send me a link.

I am curious as to whether Team Shelby members have found their paid membership to be worthwhile, as opposed to just participating on the free membership portions of the forum, which is incredibly informative. The listed benefits of membership seem a bit weak to justify the $50 membership fee. A members only portion of the website? With all the online forums, surely the latest news and info can't be kept secret for long? The regular newsletter and publication? How are those going? The decals and membership card are inexpensive, and I have a whole closet of Shelby/Mustang apparel already. The magazine, if still available, is one that was on the newsstands nationwide, and I already have it. So basically it is $50 for access to "members only" forum topics? I'm just asking. It's the unseen benefits that make it all worthwhile that I'm curious about. Have you gotten your $50 worth, or should I save it for more mods? I wonder what ratio we have here of paid to free memberships? Thanks for your opinions.

If you are asking the question, you probably know the answer.

:hysterical:

It's well worth the money for me. $50? I've saved that much back early on when we were first getting all the early 07s in just trial and error stuff.

Do you have a GT500? Have you read about the clutch/tranny issue? If so, that is worth it alone to know you are not the only one going through it and the remedies.

And the priceless part of the club are the friendships I've made on here. So for me it's well worth it.

It's well worth the money for me. $50? I've saved that much back early on when we were first getting all the early 07s in just trial and error stuff.

Do you have a GT500? Have you read about the clutch/tranny issue? If so, that is worth it alone to know you are not the only one going through it and the remedies.

And the priceless part of the club are the friendships I've made on here. So for me it's well worth it.

It would be great if Ford thought enough about this site, and it's members, to have a vehicle engineer or a technical adviser answer questions posted on it. We shouldn't have to find out about issues like the clutch/tranny thing just by word of mouth or thru unofficial sources.

It would be great if Ford thought enough about this site, and it's members, to have a vehicle engineer or a technical adviser answer questions posted on it. We shouldn't have to find out about issues like the clutch/tranny thing just by word of mouth or thru unofficial sources.

I can tell you from being on a board at Learjet many years ago, that will never happen. Their lawyers (bottom feeders) won't let it happen. Too much liability. I'm surprised legal isn't lurking on this board already.

But the reason we "find" these things out is that some people do work for Ford and do share things that they can.

I can tell you from being on a board at Learjet many years ago, that will never happen. Their lawyers (bottom feeders) won't let it happen. Too much liability. I'm surprised legal isn't lurking on this board already.

But the reason we "find" these things out is that some people do work for Ford and do share things that they can.

Easy on lawyers! Some of them drive Shelbys too! :hysterical:

Shakespeare might have been right about the lawyers.

I guess I'm lucky he's not one of my clients. :hysterical:

:cry:

You just popped my Grubble.

This whole time I thought I was official. :huh:

I used to be a big wig when I was younger!

zach_clown.jpg

Archived