TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Spy Photo of 2010 Interior

Venix

Wow, A whole bunch more buttons on the steering wheel !! I like the idea of controlling the radio via the steering wheel.

I imagine many of those are for Sync as well.

This is what I can see that is different.....

1. The headlight doesn't have H.I.D.

2. Turn signal is now integrated into the headlight assembly (gives it that 1970 look)

3. The top corner of the Fender now comes over the top edge of the headlight & exposes more of the side for better side visibility (more like the wrap around opening barrowed from the Giugiaro Mustang Concept)

4. The upper top facial of the front bumper uses the same outwards "slant" as the GT500 use now

5. Mirrors are different

6. The 5-spoke rims look to be lighter in weight for better unsprung weight & fuel mileage

7. The GT500 steering wheel has been tweaked so (2) of the spokes can now house the famous "SYNC" system & have hands free mobile blue tooth

8. The Tach & Speedo now have a white background with chrome trim & Speedo goes to 120mph

9. The center dash A/C vents are now square

10. The center console has added buttons (maybe for the new location of traction control & hazards) & has been redesigned with a split on the edge that runs into the E-brake)

11. The speaker mounted on the lower door panel has a chrome ring on it

12. They changed the Drivers airbag center section emblem to a new raised PONY logo

13. The drivers door panel shows an added air vent for side window defrost ( so this tells me the one under the corners of the dash pad will no longer have them)

14. The rear tail lights again look to go back to the 1970 look

15. The rear spoiler under the cover look to have the ends pointing down (like the 1969 thru 1973 Mustang Mach 1 spoilers were)

16. 3" round dual exhaust tips like on the GT500

17. When you look at the inside of the interior you can get a look at the backside of the hood where they have placed additional heat extractor vents along the edge where the windshield wipers are

18. The windshield wipers control is now moved to the turn signal

19. Rear mounted antenna

IMHO with all the added padding under the wrap, this car is really going to look smaller from all sides kinda like a 1970's version of the Giugiaro Mustang Concept car we seen so folks think it's a lighter car with better fuel mileage, but it really has nothing more then cosmetic sheet metal surgury by trimming here & a nip tuck there to give it that slimmer modern look

This is what I can see that is different.....

1. The headlight doesn't have H.I.D.

2. Turn signal is now integrated into the headlight assembly (gives it that 1970 look)

3. The top corner of the Fender now comes over the top edge of the headlight & exposes more of the side for better side visibility (more like the wrap around opening barrowed from the Giugiaro Mustang Concept)

4. The upper top facial of the front bumper uses the same outwards "slant" as the GT500 use now

5. Mirrors are different

6. The 5-spoke rims look to be lighter in weight for better unsprung weight & fuel mileage

7. The GT500 steering wheel has been tweaked so (2) of the spokes can now house the famous "SYNC" system & have hands free mobile blue tooth

8. The Tach & Speedo now have a white background with chrome trim & Speedo goes to 120mph

9. The center dash A/C vents are now square

10. The center console has added buttons (maybe for the new location of traction control & hazards) & has been redesigned with a split on the edge that runs into the E-brake)

11. The speaker mounted on the lower door panel has a chrome ring on it

12. They changed the Drivers airbag center section emblem to a new raised PONY logo

13. The drivers door panel shows an added air vent for side window defrost ( so this tells me the one under the corners of the dash pad will no longer have them)

14. The rear tail lights again look to go back to the 1970 look

15. The rear spoiler under the cover look to have the ends pointing down (like the 1969 thru 1973 Mustang Mach 1 spoilers were)

16. 3" round dual exhaust tips like on the GT500

17. When you look at the inside of the interior you can get a look at the backside of the hood where they have placed additional heat extractor vents along the edge where the windshield wipers are

18. The windshield wipers control is now moved to the turn signal

19. Rear mounted antenna

IMHO with all the added padding under the wrap, this car is really going to look smaller from all sides kinda like a 1970's version of the Giugiaro Mustang Concept car we seen so folks think it's a lighter car with better fuel mileage, but it really has nothing more then cosmetic sheet metal surgury by trimming here & a nip tuck there to give it that slimmer modern look

The door panels look like they have material wrapped on them of some sort rather than the hard plastic. Anyone else agree with my observation?

It definately has sync. I can see the media button on the steering wheel and the logo below the center stack. The ac vent on the driver's side is larger and more flush to the dash. The crome lip is different and the black is on the top of the silver on the wheel. The wheel is bowed instead of straight and the spokes seem to be wider. The bumper is more flush and the trunk lid looks smaller. Also the speedo is to 120 indicating a v-6 speedo? The actual numerals look the same on the gauges. There is only one multifunctional wiper stick. The surround around the shifter is flush and inset instead of over the top. The ebrake handle is different. Etc. Thanks for the pics!!!

I think they call the new door panels (Module) door panels now for the way they are made (snap together & then ultra sonic welded)

On the lower grill opening, I looked at it again & Magnified it & I think it looks more like the current GT squarish opening

Ok... I played with the photo and I clearly see the GT500 SMILE. Take a look.

post-6018-1212725857.jpg

post-6018-1212725857.jpg

I think they call the new door panels (Module) door panels now for the way they are made (snap together & then ultra sonic welded)

On the lower grill opening, I looked at it again & Magnified it & I think it looks more like the current GT squarish opening

I will try and look into this more next week, I work where they are going to be built (current door panel's we make now). But we don't call them a module. From what I can tell, there is not much difference from how the current door panel is constructed. Its a evolution of the current door panel.

I worked at/with a company that was making proto-type door panels for Ford (trucks) & according to the prints for 2010 & beyond they were called modules because they were self-contained interchangeable base parts that could be combined with others module sections (say with or w/o a side pocket center section or carpet/cloth on the bottom section) and easily rearranged, replaced, or interchanged to form different looking inner door panels from 1 main mold. The parts would get ultrasonic/vibtation welding to lock the modules tabs/post together to form 1 completed door panel skin.

Companies that were doing this or quoting were folks like

Lear

IAC LLC

Cadence Innovations LLC

Atlantic Automotive

Visteon

Hi-Lex and several others depending on the product line & size of press (750 ton & up)

That method is gaining alot of steam. The Lincoln MKS and 09 F150 use that method for the IP. Although the MKS does not differ much from its original design. And niether does the F150 for that matter, But the look/feel is totally different from unit to unit. Come to think of it? The 09 F150 door panel may use it too? This I will look at more next week as well.

I will look more into the mustang door panel next week. I was far too busy this week to make it over there. I know the design is not far off from the current door panel, But it is much cleaner looking to me.

I will say that I had always been turned off to the "look" of the round air - A/C vents.....for function, I will admit, they are the best I have had in ANY car to direct air where it is needed.

That being said....the 2 center A/C vents in the pics look like they came out my Mom's old 71 Mercury Colony Park wood paneled station Wagon! :headscratch::nonono: :do what:

Hope the real things work as well as our round ones do!

I will say that I had always been turned off to the "look" of the round air - A/C vents.....for function, I will admit, they are the best I have had in ANY car to direct air where it is needed.

That being said....the 2 center A/C vents in the pics look like they came out my Mom's old 71 Mercury Colony Park wood paneled station Wagon! :headscratch::nonono: :do what:

Hope the real things work as well as our round ones do!

Generally speaking, I like what I see from the new interior. The new steering wheel with radio/Sync control buttons looks very nice. However, I also preferred the 2 round center A/C vents. Besides, this new design doesn't leave much room for the dash plaque :hysterical:

With what you can see, I think it looks good. There's also a very clear photo of the headlamp assembly.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/04/spy-sho...stang-interior/

I am sorry, but you are simply mistaken.

:hysterical:

The GT500 is a limited edition vehicle only for the 2007 and 2008 model years. This is surely something else.

:hysterical:

Archived