TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT SC

Hey Guys and Gals,

Well here I am about 3 weeks later and my SGT SC is finally back home from Taska! First I want to express that Dennis at Taska is amazing, the process was somewhat slow and actually began last year and finally materialized today.

I can't blame Dennis/Taska for the many hold-ups, Shelby is obviously having serious growing pains and appear to be struggling somewhat with demand. Several times I've been to Taska there is always a GT500 of one sort or another in one of the 4 bays under some level of modification. The Shop is clean, organized, and professional, Shelby chose Taska well.

Now my Revised SGT; After finally getting all the parts, an undertaking believe me, but, Keith at Shelby Parts was accomodating and pushed my order along, you know, the squeaky wheel gets the lube, lol.

We went with American Racing Shelby Wheels 20X8.5 F 20X10 R Torq Thrust Black not from Shelby

Bauer Brakes GT Plus up Front and Rear Brake Upgrade Rear, Vast Improvement.

Under Hood Dress-Up Kit, like all the nice Allen Head Bolts.

Gauge Package on Dash, Boost, Oil, Fuel Meter.

Ford Racing SC'er Intercooled/Polished, hows about 476 RW HP, WOW........I thought the 319HP was decent, but seemed to lack that neck snap you get from lots of Torque and HP, no shortage of Neck Snap now.

Lower Body Stripe Shelby GT SC, gotta have it so the GT500 Gang doesn't think its a push over.

Amusing coversation, a fellow owner, GT500 was shooting the crap with me. We talked car talk and finally I asked him to check out my ShelbyGT, we went out back and I believe his face sorta fell off, there's this Blk and Silver beast with 20 inch wheels, waxed to the max, gauges, (whats The SC stand for? Super Coupe)and the lot, and when I popped the hood and he saw the shiny SC'er and the Dyno Sheet stating Max HP at Rear Wheels 476HP he was somewhat stunned. Yea, SC stands for Super Charged.....

Pics to follow soon, after I re-wax from the rainy ride home, that really sucked.

Moe in NH

Moe,

Congrats, I saw your car there with Roger as well. Your mod's are almost exact to what I want except I already have the 20" Shelby CS69 wheels. If you do not mind can you tell me how much it all cost minus the wheels. I was looking at the same SC, the gauge package, and the GT Plus brakes. I would not mind throwing in the Dress-up kit.

I was waiting for yours to see what kind of power it would put out. I was looking for around 450RWHP, looks like that would be no problem with the whipple. Did you get a custome tune????

By the way, post pic's soon!!!!

Congrats!

Can't wait to see pictures. You are right about Dennis , he certainly is outstanding. Did you have a custom tune? My SGT/SC has the HO Whipple Installed by SAI . Dennis Dyno'd it at 427RWHP with the stock tune from SAI. These cars are amazing. ENJOY.

Hey All,

I can't take pic's until I clean her up, I would be embarrased to show you guys my dirty car. I did take it to the Ford dealer, actually they have my GT500 in for warranty, I know before any of you say anything I have a terrible disease, MotorHeadTitus, seems I was born with it.

Anyways, I know the owner and he's actually toying with doing Mod's at his dealership, Rouche, Saleen etc.

He was actually head over heels in love with my SGT, matter fact the whole dealership was out in full force giving her the going over. The Concensus, not a single person took more than a casual glance at the GT500, the SGT is a show stopper and thats my intended use of the car.

I may change the Hood, if I can get the Super Snake hood and have Shelby change the registry for the added hood. All but my Wheels are directly from Shelby, the American Racing wheels look the balls, these wheels were made for this car, deep dish polished alum matchs the stripe down the lower panel, they are gorgeous.

My complete Mod price was 17K,

Gauge Kit Complete/Install,

Brake Kits GT Plus and Rear Upgrade/Install

Whipple SC'er Intercooled/Install

Dress up Kit/Install

Side Stripes/Install Total with Misc $13500.00

Hey All,

I can't take pic's until I clean her up, I would be embarrased to show you guys my dirty car. I did take it to the Ford dealer, actually they have my GT500 in for warranty, I know before any of you say anything I have a terrible disease, MotorHeadTitus, seems I was born with it.

Anyways, I know the owner and he's actually toying with doing Mod's at his dealership, Rouche, Saleen etc.

He was actually head over heels in love with my SGT, matter fact the whole dealership was out in full force giving her the going over. The Concensus, not a single person took more than a casual glance at the GT500, the SGT is a show stopper and thats my intended use of the car.

I may change the Hood, if I can get the Super Snake hood and have Shelby change the registry for the added hood. All but my Wheels are directly from Shelby, the American Racing wheels look the balls, these wheels were made for this car, deep dish polished alum matchs the stripe down the lower panel, they are gorgeous.

My complete Mod price was 17K,

Gauge Kit Complete/Install,

Brake Kits GT Plus and Rear Upgrade/Install

Whipple SC'er Intercooled/Install

Dress up Kit/Install

Side Stripes/Install Total with Misc $13500.00

Congratulations. The attention thing, we have found to be true as well. Most people don't even know what a Shelby GT/SC is. A dressed up Shelby GT is a show stopper. We stopped by a Chevy dealership to look at another car for my wife and within 5 minutes, every employee at the dealership had surrounded the car, from the bookkeeper to the service manager. My wifes comment, "I think they like the Shelby".

Enjoy your new found power, expect to see pics soon.

Ahhhhh...sounds so great ... congrats trackeer and good ridin"

:)

you've convinced me.....

I am so planning ta get going on working on:

a new hood

Gauge Package on Dash, Boost, Oil, Fuel Meter.

Ford Racing SC'er Intercooled/Polished,

Lower Body Stripe Shelby GT SC

on mine......

so Tasca had the Lower Body Stripe Shelby GT SC put on too..?

I gotta get some info from them.....maybe next spring I'll go for it........

again...nice machine...

:)

FYI, I was running down HWY 90 in southeast Texas when a GT 500 pulled up beside me. It was clear that he wanted to suck the doors off of a Shelby GT. He didn't see my SHLB SC plates or GT/SC stickers. I pulled it back into 3rd and walked away with very little effort. I really enjoy my Whipple HO.

FYI, I was running down HWY 90 in southeast Texas when a GT 500 pulled up beside me. It was clear that he wanted to suck the doors off of a Shelby GT. He didn't see my SHLB SC plates or GT/SC stickers. I pulled it back into 3rd and walked away with very little effort. I really enjoy my Whipple HO.

So much for the "Baby Shelby", eh?

Hey All,

Here's a few pic's, seems I need to figure our the process to upload crap, Took the car back to Tasca, and did some minor fine tuning. These pic's are of a dirty car, haven't had time to wash and wax, and its filthy. I'll do some better pics when I clean her up.

Slight Oil Leak from the SC, Whipple has its own reserve

Re-Calibrate the Low Pressur Tire Sensors.

Went for a ride and Determined the Boost Gauge is Working.

Otherwise, the more I drive this beast the more I love it. This thing is a rocket, no questions it an't no baby GT500 anymore. Almost like the SC'er and Engine need some time to break in, the more I drive it the better it gets, not sure if this is my imagnation.

Next Up,

CS6 Hood,

New Clutch

Minor Handling Components

Lower Grill Insert

Debating the GT500 Spoiler??????

post-17155-1213328479.jpg

post-17155-1213328514.jpg

post-17155-1213328537.jpg

post-17155-1213328548.jpg

post-17155-1213328559.jpg

post-17155-1213328568.jpg

post-17155-1213328575.jpg

post-17155-1213328592.jpg

post-17155-1213328607.jpg

post-17155-1213328620.jpg

post-17155-1213328479.jpg

post-17155-1213328514.jpg

post-17155-1213328537.jpg

post-17155-1213328548.jpg

post-17155-1213328559.jpg

post-17155-1213328568.jpg

post-17155-1213328575.jpg

post-17155-1213328592.jpg

post-17155-1213328607.jpg

post-17155-1213328620.jpg

LOLOL,

Yep, they sure is!!!

Gonna have a retro car, may as well have it all, I also installed the Brake Light Kit for that real retro look.

I think the kids ordered me some custom made dice,

One set in Black and Silver SGT SC

One set in Black and Red Cobra, has the red and black interior.

I am exceedingly pleased with the SGT conversion, so much so I may sell the GT500. For the money, I have around 60K tied up in the SGT, and I want to think in the long run this is the car collectors will want down the road. Any of you guys watch Mecum Auctions, Muscle cars rule, the money these cars sell for is amazing. The part that really sucks, is that these cars were the cars I remember as a kid, oh well.

Later

Moe in NH

PS., thanks for the compliments.

Archived