TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08SGT0406

backafter20

I just picked it up this evening, and all I've done is drive home in heavy traffic on surface streets. Haven't even had it on the highway yet, and only made it into 5th gear once, but boy does it sound great!

I can't believe I own a genuine Shelby Mustang! :happy feet:

I know many Mustang enthusiasts don't see the point. You can build a better, faster car yourself, and do it cheaper, too, but for me it's always been the "Shelby thing". Shelby doesn't inspire everyone, but for me, this is a dream come true. My neighbor across the street with the supercharged 06 GT can still beat me, but I don't even care. I haven't been able to sleep the past couple of nights for just being too excited, and I'm not expecting tonight to be any easier. I have to go outside to look at it some more....

post-12805-1212636240.jpg

post-12805-1212636250.jpg

post-12805-1212636240.jpg

post-12805-1212636250.jpg

Not to worry. It stays in the garage when at home, and I work at a very secure location, so it should be safe when I'm at work. I will worry when I'm out and about, however. I mean, someone could make a killing on ebay with just my emblems, without even stealing the car!

That's not far at all for me, and I really appreciate the invite, but I have to work on Saturday. (I've got a rotating shift) Maybe another time? It would be nice to meet fellow Shelbyphiles. I haven't lived here that long. How do I find out about local car shows, especially Ford ones?

That's not far at all for me, and I really appreciate the invite, but I have to work on Saturday. (I've got a rotating shift) Maybe another time? It would be nice to meet fellow Shelbyphiles. I haven't lived here that long. How do I find out about local car shows, especially Ford ones?

not sure on the car shows, big Mustang ralley in Steamboat next weekend Thursday thru Sunday might get some answer's from folk's up there. I'm going up on Saturday for the day, can't stay have to see my father on Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...

Beings your're in Colorado I can suggest two really fun drives:

1. Big Thompson Canyon (US34 from Loveland to Estes Park), either direction. At the lower part of the canyon where it narrows to the river, road and two 1000 ft high cliffs, roll down the windows (or top down if a vert), put it in neutral for a few seconds and blow the exhaust. It rings the canyon walls.

2. US36 from Lyons to Estes Park, then Hwy 7 back through Allenspark and back to Lyons. I did it a couple of weeks ago and averaged 52 MPH (If you do this, PM me and I'll meet you at Oskar Blues and show you my Barrett Jackson GT.)

If you're lucky there won't be too much traffic and you will be able to (safely) handle everything that the highway puts at you. The GT handles really well in these curves.

Enjoy!

Beings your're in Colorado I can suggest two really fun drives:

1. Big Thompson Canyon (US34 from Loveland to Estes Park), either direction. At the lower part of the canyon where it narrows to the river, road and two 1000 ft high cliffs, roll down the windows (or top down if a vert), put it in neutral for a few seconds and blow the exhaust. It rings the canyon walls.

2. US36 from Lyons to Estes Park, then Hwy 7 back through Allenspark and back to Lyons. I did it a couple of weeks ago and averaged 52 MPH (If you do this, PM me and I'll meet you at Oskar Blues and show you my Barrett Jackson GT.)

If you're lucky there won't be too much traffic and you will be able to (safely) handle everything that the highway puts at you. The GT handles really well in these curves.

Enjoy!

Tony going to steamboat tomorrow (saturday) will try the Big Thompson in July and the Estes Park drive is great best to do during the week weekends are to busy!! Would love to see the Barrett!

Mick

08sgt1042

Jim:

Great Car!!!

For what its worth, I have owned mine for 4+ months and I still have to go into the garage to make sure its really there!! I'm just like you - a genuine Shelby! After 4 different Mustangs over the last 23 years, I never thought I would have the chance to own something like this with so much heritage and class. You'll never regret this purchase!

Good Luck and Hope you have many happy miles!!

AndyGJ

Archived