TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 2007 Shelby GT Owner

jrod

Welcome Jared. Congrats on your purchase. You'll have to get used to the stares and the questions. They come with the car but aren't listed on the sticker!

I have found the forum a place for helpful and valuable info when I wasn't sure where to turn.

Erik

Utah

Black o7 SGT #2940

Welcome Jared........

and as others have said....

I would request the badges from the dealer. Then put them in a safe place in case you sell the vehicle some day. The badges are hard to come by and are not cheap. We have seen them go for $250+ on eBay. You want to get them.

Nice machine there..........gotta love those white shelbys...lol

scs67.jpg

Enjoy the ride and all the attention you'll be getting........

and again...

welcome

:)

Welcome Jared........

and as others have said....

Nice machine there..........gotta love those white shelbys...lol

scs67.jpg

Enjoy the ride and all the attention you'll be getting........

and again...

welcome

:)

I think i'm in love with your wheels! THose are SICK! What are the stats of those? And what brand?

I'm thinking white is definitely the way to go in California. My black one is gets real hot when it's in the sun...

Did you get your SGT new, or did it have a few miles on it??? Around here, dealers usually do not do too many mods like the rear spoiler and badge delete...

Hi....And welcome to the Forum!

I haven't written in awhile but did anyone else notice the missing 'Powered by Ford' badges? :huh:

RetroAlex #2946 Miami, FL

Greetings and welcome to the forum!!

I also own a white 2007 Shelby GT and I love the car. You can see from my avatar I have several cars in my collection but when I go out to the garage I most often choose the Shelby GT as I enjoyed driving it so much. You will find a wealth of information here to help you choose modifications that will best suit your driving style and probably just as important, to learn from the mistakes of others (like me :)) and avoid making those same mistakes yourself. Others have noted that your car includes the spoiler from a stock Mustang GT that was not offered on the Shelby GT and that the very rare and impossible to buy "Powered by Ford" badges are missing from the front fenders. I also note that the rear faux gas cap cover has been changed out as well. Is the Shelby Automobiles Inc. plaque including your CSM number on the dash of the car and is the Shelby Automobiles plaque riveted to the left front bodywork underneath your hood including that same CSM number? Just to be on the safe side I would call Shelby Automobiles in Las Vegas and have them verify both your serial number and CSM number. I would also run a Carfax report as well as querying the dealer to make sure that the car had not been involved in an incident prior to you purchasing it. As previously noted, it is very common for owners to modify these cars but very uncommon for a dealer to modify a Shelby prior to someone purchasing it. I am probably overly cautious here but, better safe than sorry. I strongly agree with a previous poster who said that even if you don't want them mounted, you should have the dealer provide you with those fender badges as you paid for them and they are very valuable. I would pay $250 for a new set in the box to have them as spares but I can't buy them. Again, welcome to the forum and I look forward to meeting you.

Chip

Greetings and welcome to the forum!!

I also own a white 2007 Shelby GT and I love the car. You can see from my avatar I have several cars in my collection but when I go out to the garage I most often choose the Shelby GT as I enjoyed driving it so much. You will find a wealth of information here to help you choose modifications that will best suit your driving style and probably just as important, to learn from the mistakes of others (like me :)) and avoid making those same mistakes yourself. Others have noted that your car includes the spoiler from a stock Mustang GT that was not offered on the Shelby GT and that the very rare and impossible to buy "Powered by Ford" badges are missing from the front fenders. I also note that the rear faux gas cap cover has been changed out as well. Is the Shelby Automobiles Inc. plaque including your CSM number on the dash of the car and is the Shelby Automobiles plaque riveted to the left front bodywork underneath your hood including that same CSM number? Just to be on the safe side I would call Shelby Automobiles in Las Vegas and have them verify both your serial number and CSM number. I would also run a Carfax report as well as querying the dealer to make sure that the car had not been involved in an incident prior to you purchasing it. As previously noted, it is very common for owners to modify these cars but very uncommon for a dealer to modify a Shelby prior to someone purchasing it. I am probably overly cautious here but, better safe than sorry. I strongly agree with a previous poster who said that even if you don't want them mounted, you should have the dealer provide you with those fender badges as you paid for them and they are very valuable. I would pay $250 for a new set in the box to have them as spares but I can't buy them. Again, welcome to the forum and I look forward to meeting you.

Chip

Hmm, now you've got me paranoid. When I purchased the car, it had one previous owner for 6 months. The dealer said he was a collector and brought the Shelby in the trade it for a GT500. So, when I bought the car, it already had 960 miles on it. A few facts, it does have the Shelby plackard under the hood and on the dash, both numbers match. But I am missing the Shelby floor mats and Powered by Ford emblem on the side. I'm gonna call the dealer and get these things. I ran a carfax and all is well.

Edit: I got an email from Shelby Autos that I do indeed have a genuine Shelby GT Mustang! I was getting worried there for a sec. I'm gonna talk to the dealer about where the badge and stuff is. Thanks guys!

Congrats on the new ride!Mine was that color combo and I loved it!Get ready to be a local attraction wherever you go,As in plan ahead and leave a little extra time for Q+A and photoshoots.I'm not kidding! :happy feet:

Edit: I got an email from Shelby Autos that I do indeed have a genuine Shelby GT Mustang!

I'm sure glad you got that email from SAI. I was pretty worried that you may have gotten a well-done clone and paid the price for a real one! Enjoy!!!

Archived