TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I pulled a "Grabber" move today...

FiaCobra

....was bored so i went to my buddys garage, put the Shelby on the lift, and proceeded to wax the undercarriage. I wiped everything down and waxed everything i could. Underneath looks really clean now.

I still have to take care of that "rusting" rear axle issue that we all have. Thinking of taking the POR 15 route.

Grabber, how many times did you wax it underneath?....lol

damn butterfingers!! Noticed i botched the title of the thread. Can't edit it either.....lol.

....was bored so i went to my buddys garage, put the Shelby on the lift, and proceeded to wax the undercarriage. I wiped everything down and waxed everything i could. Underneath looks really clean now.

I still have to take care of that "rusting" rear axle issue that we all have. Thinking of taking the POR 15 route.

Grabber, how many times did you wax it underneath?....lol

I've been following the "rear end rust" issue on this on as well as other forums. Some have recommended NOT using POR 15 and instead using Encapsulator or Rustoleum. From what I have gathered, POR 15 needs rust to properly work (bind) and the minimal surface rust (while very unsightly) may not be "enough" rust for the POR 15 to set up. I'd be interested in any first hand comments from anyone who has tried POR 15 on a relatively new and minimally rusted axle.

Grabber, you missed a spot.

dirtwtfsq4.jpg

On a serious note, your car looks great. What did you use again for the rear?....NVM, i see the link now.

Michael, thnx for fixing the title.

Archived