TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Would someone please measure for me?

ati

I need to trailer my GT500 home from 150 miles away.

A friend has an open trailer I can borrow but I need to make sure the door on the Shelby will open over the fender of the trailer.

Would someone please check a few dimensions for me?

1) What is the height from the ground (street) to the bottom of the door?

2) What is the over all width from the outside of the right front tire to the outside of the left front tire?

Thanks,

Alan

I need to trailer my GT500 home from 150 miles away.

A friend has an open trailer I can borrow but I need to make sure the door on the Shelby will open over the fender of the trailer.

Would someone please check a few dimensions for me?

1) What is the height from the ground (street) to the bottom of the door?

2) What is the over all width from the outside of the right front tire to the outside of the left front tire?

Thanks,

Alan

Alan

on my shelby with stock height and stock tires, outside to outside of front tires was 73".

on partly open door, 11 1/2" clearance at rear of door (toward back of car) and 10 1/2" under door towards the front.

hope this helps you out

John

You could always leave the window down and climb out the window. I have to do this on my trailer. The door is too low to get over the wheel fender.

Alan

on my shelby with stock height and stock tires, outside to outside of front tires was 73".

on partly open door, 11 1/2" clearance at rear of door (toward back of car) and 10 1/2" under door towards the front.

hope this helps you out

John

Thanks John,

The trailer fender is 10" high but I don't know how far the car drops down when I sit in it.

This is going to be close.

If I screw a 12" wide x 3/4" thick strip of plywood down at the tire tracks and drive on that it will lower the fender height to 9-1/4". That will give me a little extra clearance.

Thanks for the Measurements,

Alan

Archived