TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vegas to Vogon - Come in, Vogon!

Got the call today... I'm guessing many did, as Cynthia was so busy she passed my file on to Doug Sinclair. "bring in the convertible. What options do you want?"

Red calipers

40th badging on the front grill (SS on the side, no option)

FRPP suspension

I'll probably drive it down when the 40th Anniversary coupe is ready to be picked up....

Congrats Vogon

That is a surprise. I was figuring your group would get the call in September. Must mean things are all going smooth now.

That's about what I figured as well. But I'm happy, and I'm sure others waiting will be happy too. Tasca and Quantum must have taken some cars out of the SAI queue, now that they're on-line...

Vogon,

Congrats on getting the SS done. When it is finished, please give us a a/b comparison with the two different suspensions and handling. I would be very interested in your impressions.

Got the call today... I'm guessing many did, as Cynthia was so busy she passed my file on to Doug Sinclair. "bring in the convertible. What options do you want?"

Red calipers

40th badging on the front grill (SS on the side, no option)

FRPP suspension

I'll probably drive it down when the 40th Anniversary coupe is ready to be picked up. I was really surprised by the call. Maybe many switched to Tasca and Quantum...

My SS deposit was 10/10/2007 for those that are trying to calculate when they'll be called. Last week, it seems like the August deposits were being called, so things are moving fast! :happy feet:

Congrates!

But you have to be kidding me on the deposit date! My CSM # was issued on 8/15/07 and they received my deposit on 8/24/07. I am about to blow a gasket over here!

Congrates!

But you have to be kidding me on the deposit date! My CSM # was issued on 8/15/07 and they received my deposit on 8/24/07. I am about to blow a gasket over here!

I knew I was taking a risk on putting the date out there. I received 2 letters from SAI, one with an original number (high 300's I think), then a lower number as they filled in the gap. It's possible I looked at the date of the 2nd letter. Now that I think about it, it must have been earlier, because I remember it being more summier (is that a word?), so probably not October. The letters were a while apart...

Please bear with me; I'm in Denver until Friday, so I'll re-check when I get home, and post the correct date.

If I really was October, I'll call SAI and get moved out of the queue. I know what it's like to wait.

Congrates!

I spoke to Cynthia today. They made a mistake in calling me, just a mix-up, so I told her to put me back in line. The call did get me thinking about how to manage the 2 cars and transport though, so I may still drive the vert down when my coupe is ready. Cynthia said they keep the arrivals indoors, so I told her to just park it in a back corner until they were ready for it.

I'm really sorry about the excitement (distress?) that this caused, but it's cleared up now. SAI got a lot of calls about this, so hopefully those affected will read this post and realize that they're not being bumped.

I edited my first message to remove the infamous deposit date, and updated my signature. :banghead:

I knew I was taking a risk on putting the date out there. I received 2 letters from SAI, one with an original number (high 300's I think), then a lower number as they filled in the gap. It's possible I looked at the date of the 2nd letter. Now that I think about it, it must have been earlier, because I remember it being more summier (is that a word?), so probably not October. The letters were a while apart...

Please bear with me; I'm in Denver until Friday, so I'll re-check when I get home, and post the correct date.

If I really was October, I'll call SAI and get moved out of the queue. I know what it's like to wait.

Sorry I was at work and couldn't reply when you posted. I see that you already called but I wouldn't have been upset at you at all. I don't work that way :D I may have wondered what was going on and been very jealous but no issues with you at all.

I spoke to Cynthia today. They made a mistake in calling me, just a mix-up, so I told her to put me back in line. The call did get me thinking about how to manage the 2 cars and transport though, so I may still drive the vert down when my coupe is ready. Cynthia said they keep the arrivals indoors, so I told her to just park it in a back corner until they were ready for it.

I'm really sorry about the excitement (distress?) that this caused, but it's cleared up now. SAI got a lot of calls about this, so hopefully those affected will read this post and realize that they're not being bumped.

I edited my first message to remove the infamous deposit date, and updated my signature. :banghead:

Sorry you wen't called in or it was a mistake. That sucks because I know you had to be excited!

Archived