TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Vs the Terminator

Head to head video, hope it isn't a repost....

GT500 Vs Terminator Vid

Cool video but I know the quarter mile is wrong I raced this weekend a Terminator stock for stock my car has 200 miles on it just wanted to see what my car would do against a 12k terminator I killed the terminator by 3 cars and kept pulling. We launched from the hole.

GT500 takes 3 out of 4 and loses beacuse the Termie's more fun to drive? :hysterical:

How can sitting in a clunk making, hard seat and tight interior car with a hard clutch be fun driving. My friend has a 600 rwhp Terminator and its fun to a certain point, you get tired after a while driving that car.

How can sitting in a clunk making, hard seat and tight interior car with a hard clutch be fun driving. My friend has a 600 rwhp Terminator and its fun to a certain point, you get tired after a while driving that car.

Don't get me wrong....I like the Termie's and they are fine cars, but 3 out of 4 in my book wins!

What are those guys smokin? 3 out 4 and the 03 gets the vote because someone decided it is fun to drive? I would bet the GT500 would have beat the 03 if the same guys drove both cars then compared the times. Drag racing is a drivers race, no 2 drivers are the same.

Did you hear the guy when he hit 140MPH? He was really impressed and surprised at the same time. Since he is a MOPAR guy, judging from is uniform, what would he say about a Challenger vs Shelby comparison?

The owner of the Shelby posted this over on SVTPerformance. Here are his thoughts on the test conclusions:

Here is a little more insight.

I used to believe everything I read and saw on comparisons like these.

Now I just use them for entertainment and this is a very good example.

My car was 100% bone stock. The Terminator wasn't. It had suspension mods, cold air intake, exhaust and he "SAID" he put the 'stock' pulley back on.

There was no tech inspection, hoods where never popped.

The Termi and the 500 dragged 3 times.

All three times the Termi chased down the 500 at the end of the strip.

So how stock was it?

The Termi was running on worn tires and brakes. Mine were basically new.

So how accurate are the road times?

Willow Springs is a Road Course. There was a measured 1/4 mile on the straight but notice no Christmas tree.

I don't know the method of timing. It may have been a dropped flag with a stop watch.

I inquired several times about the times and they never gave them to me.

I didn't know the times until the video.

The times are suspect.

Sam did take me for a couple of hot laps with a borrowed helmet.

He liked the car so much that when he came in he said grab a helmet, let's go. The thrill of experiencing a REAL professional throw my car around the course is exhilarating.

Doing things I can only imagine, full four wheel drifts, attacking the apexs with precision. What a rush.

He said the only thing the car lacked was suspension. Which to everyone who has one already knows. For some weird reason these things sit high and soft from the factory.

But just like Harley Davidson they already have a whole upgrade package engineered that you can spend money to correct it.

I used to believe everything I read and saw on comparisons like these.

Now I just use them for entertainment and this is a very good example.

My car now has springs, shocks, CAI, muffs and a pulley.

When I picked it up my tuner said, now have those guys run that Termi.

The funny thing is had I shown up with these mods and not told them, they would have done it, crushed the Termi and presented it is fact.

I now believe comparisons even less.

I didn't take any of it very serious, just entertainment.

• 4 weeks later...

I traded my 04 Termi for the Shelby And I gotta say I love them both but I have to give a slight edge to the shelby on

shifting and better looking ext and Interior. But I will say, that I found that when both of them were stock the Termi

actualy felt quicker and lighter........ the EVO stage II took care of that little prob. JMHO :shift:

You are right on !! Im 6'4" and had a 03 SVT cobra @ the time they were the best FORD could build. But times have changed and SVT really improved the breed . You can't compare the two it's just not fair.

Archived