TEAM SHELBY FORUM

whats the best short throw shifter out there

teamxlr8

hey 6-speed...

i just spoke with enrique at spp today. he told me end of sept now for expected delivery of the shelby short throw. still waiting patiently!! :banghead:

I think I first saw the Shelby shifter in the Winter 07 catalog? It had a release date of March 08. Now the end of September 08. I know that SPP has a lot on their plate but guessing at release dates is not real helpful to us obsessive compulsive type planners. :fool:

Why wait when the KR shifter from FRPP is available now and already proven itself

chuckstang:

very true. just preference i guess. although my patience is running a little thin, i love the look of the shelby shifter and i am hoping (on faith alone and the shelby reputation) that it is a high quality product.

very true. just preference i guess. although my patience is running a little thin, i love the look of the shelby shifter and i am hoping (on faith alone and the shelby reputation) that it is a high quality product.

+1 Just look at that thing! It's a shame to cover it all up and hide it under the tunnel! Seriously though, it just looks beefier and more substantial than any of the others. And with the boot a little lower than stock, the billet upper section with the engraved "Shelby" lettering will be visible. Should look fantastic...

I'm on the list, I called on Tuesday and was also told late September. :waiting:

What about MGW?

MGW is good but I'm pretty sure they only make shifters for 5speeds and not the 6speeds for the new S197 style stangs if they do this shifter is not a factory/shelby made product thus aftermarket and reduces maket value of your car!! my 2 cents

MGW is good but I'm pretty sur they only make shifters for 5speeds and not the 6speed sfor the new S197 stye stangs if they do this shifter is not a factory/shelby made product thus aftermarket and reduces maket value of your car!! my 2 cents

I had an mgw in my 03 cobra vert and it was good, I like the frpp short throw better though. I've kept all my original parts on my gt500 but I don't think thats gonna matter as these cars aren't going to appreciate in value much there's to many of them, hopefully I'm wrong.

+1 Just look at that thing! It's a shame to cover it all up and hide it under the tunnel! Seriously though, it just looks beefier and more substantial than any of the others. And with the boot a little lower than stock, the billet upper section with the engraved "Shelby" lettering will be visible. Should look fantastic...

I'm on the list, I called on Tuesday and was also told late September. :waiting:

"patience is a virtue"....

How do you get the leather boot off the dash, do you just get something like a putty knife under it and lift and it just pops off?

Does the stock knob just unscrew as well?

Thinking about adding just the knob and that seems easy enough to install myself

thx

Yes to both questions - but use a plastic putty knife. If I recall correctly, there is a band at the top opening of the leather boot that fits over a notch at the base of the knob. You just pull the knob out of the boot once it's free from the shaft or you can try pulling the top of the rubber boot down off the knob first and then unscrew the knob.

I posted detailed instructions on installing the FRPP shifter handle/ball in the Mod & Tech forum - see post #13 in this thread:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...=27440&st=0

Archived