TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What mileage for first oil change??????????

I plan on using Ford Motorcraft Filter and 5w20 Synthetic blend oil. With that said, I am wondering when everyone did there first oil change, at what mileage or age of the oil???? I get my first one free so I will probably take it to the dealer and get the air-bag recall done at the same time. Just curious

Thanks all

I plan on using Ford Motorcraft Filter and 5w20 Synthetic blend oil. With that said, I am wondering when everyone did there first oil change, at what mileage or age of the oil???? I get my first one free so I will probably take it to the dealer and get the air-bag recall done at the same time. Just curious

Thanks all

I changed my oil at 750 miles.

I figured it had gotten through the break in period and I was getting concerned that the oil had been in the car for just over 1 year from the time it left the factory.

I changed my oil at 750 miles.

I figured it had gotten through the break in period and I was getting concerned that the oil had been in the car for just over 1 year from the time it left the factory.

My car was built on 4-10-07 and shipped from SAI to Dealersip on August 08.

I bought it in April 08 so it sat on the dealer lot 9 months and was built more than 1 year ago.

I have 800 miles.

Should i change the oil or wait for 3,000 miles?

I guess i should have asked the dealer ship to do an oil change before getting the car. I did not think about that. :banghead:

Thanks.

My car was built on 4-10-07 and shipped from SAI to Dealersip on August 08.

I bought it in April 08 so it sat on the dealer lot 9 months and was built more than 1 year ago.

I have 800 miles.

Should i change the oil or wait for 3,000 miles?

I guess i should have asked the dealer ship to do an oil change before getting the car. I did not think about that. :banghead:

Thanks.

It wouldn't hurt to change it soon considering the oil has been in the car for more than 1 year and the car was problably started and stopped many times as it was moved around at the dealership over 9 months. Its piece of mind for the cost of an oil change (or just the materials if you do it yourself like I did).

I go overboard on the break in for oil.

I always change the oil as follows:

First change at 500 miles.

Second change at 1500 miles.

Third change at 3000 miles.

Then every 5000 mile increments (ie odometer at 5k, then 10k, then 15k, and so on).

This assumes that you are using synthetic. Sure it costs more, but its a drop in the bucket compared to the purchase price of the vehicles.

I have done this in each of my vehicles including my wifes Mercedes GL450 - only the dealer has the correct filter type so it costs $100 per change, but I usually get 150,000 miles or more out of each of my vehicles. Usually, one of my extended family members buys my vehicles from me, and then they get another 100,000 out of them.

That is because most of them have been well cared for FORD vehicles!!!!

Just my $.02.

AndyGJ

Archived