TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does your GT500 have a tint band on the windshield?

VNMOUS1

I was thinking about having the sides and rear slightly tinted but here in Illinois it takes a doctor's "slip" in order to get away with it. Shouldn't be a problem. Then, as I was driving this afternoon (into the sun, that orb we haven't seen in a friggin week here!) I noticed there was NO tint band at all on the windshield. But, I have the little dotted area with a Mustang in it. Is YOUR GT500 the same way? Or did I get the windshield equiv of the guy that has a 6 cyl "Pony" steering wheel insignia on HIS Shelby?

Thanks.

:shift:

bj

I was thinking about having the sides and rear slightly tinted but here in Illinois it takes a doctor's "slip" in order to get away with it. Shouldn't be a problem. Then, as I was driving this afternoon (into the sun, that orb we haven't seen in a friggin week here!) I noticed there was NO tint band at all on the windshield. But, I have the little dotted area with a Mustang in it. Is YOUR GT500 the same way? Or did I get the windshield equiv of the guy that has a 6 cyl "Pony" steering wheel insignia on HIS Shelby?

Thanks.

bj

Hello VNMOUS1, my GT500 was produced same day as yours, s/n 213311. I guess they were out of tinted windshields that day because mine is like yours! I am not going to have it changed. I think I might ask for a replacement, and have it installed myself, when I'm ready. I already have a right rear window on order because it has a smudge inside the glass, and have asked to install myself. I am trying to avoid changing parts because thay are not perfect, but I would sure like replacements, just incase I ever have to sell. What are you going to do?

Hello VNMOUS1, my GT500 was produced same day as yours, s/n 213311. I guess they were out of tinted windshields that day because mine is like yours! I am not going to have it changed. I think I might ask for a replacement, and have it installed myself, when I'm ready. I already have a right rear window on order because it has a smudge inside the glass, and have asked to install myself. I am trying to avoid changing parts because thay are not perfect, but I would sure like replacements, just incase I ever have to sell. What are you going to do?

Hey BJ,

Nope...no perciable tint band on mine either....just the dots with the pony!

I've looked around at all the GT500 brochures and swag I have and frankly I can't find anywhere that it says it is even supposed to be tinted! If I find it anywhere, they'll give me a new windshield!

bj

Had to go check! My GT 500 definately has a tint band!

It seems you have "the windshield equiv of the guy that has a 6 cyl "Pony" steering wheel insignia on HIS Shelby?"

Sorry guys. That post was at 2:30 in the morning when I went out to the garage and looked at the "tint band" going across the windsheid.

Now its daylight and from the inside in the daylight, it is obvious thst mine is exactly like yours!

I will now put my dunce cap on and go sit in the corner for a while! :shrug:

Sorry guys. That post was at 2:30 in the morning when I went out to the garage and looked at the "tint band" going across the windsheid.

Now its daylight and from the inside in the daylight, it is obvious thst mine is exactly like yours!

I will now put my dunce cap on and go sit in the corner for a while! :shrug:

and sober up too while your there :tequila:

Guest evilchris

Had to go check! My GT 500 definately has a tint band!

It seems you have "the windshield equiv of the guy that has a 6 cyl "Pony" steering wheel insignia on HIS Shelby?"

The Pony wheel insignia is on GT's too. But of course you knew that oh God of Mustangs.

IMO, the Shelby's should have something in the form of a cobra, Shelby or GT500 band across a tinted or dotted windshield band. I know that when I got my '05 Mustang GT it had the dotted pattern with the pony.

That's just what I think.

T

Too expensive to have multiple windshields. Same reason they went with the standard trunk lid with the brakelight in it instead of moving it to the spoiler.

The Pony wheel insignia is on GT's too. But of course you knew that oh God of Mustangs.

Too expensive to have multiple windshields. Same reason they went with the standard trunk lid with the brakelight in it instead of moving it to the spoiler.

Whats with the God of Mustang comments?

I went out and looked at nite and saw the band across the window from the outside. In the morning I could see that from the inside that band is not visible and posted my mistake.

That gets me a comment like that? Wow! Such fun!

Guest evilchris

You're Kidding...... Right??? :hysterical:

Hey look a peanut from the gallery!

Consider the source, man. He's gay. :baby:

Dude, wanna compare wives? Mine is an absolute knockout. Don't go calling someone gay unless you want to get called out. I've seen pics of yours and am in much better shape than you bubba.

Yep, a Canadian Peanut at that. Your Favorite kind!

Dude, wanna compare wives? Mine is an absolute knockout. Don't go calling someone gay unless you want to get called out. I've seen pics of yours and am in much better shape than you bubba.

Not nice Kid. But please, Post photos..................................!

Guest evilchris

Yep, a Canadian Peanut at that. Your Favorite kind!

Not nice Kid. But please, Post photos..................................!

I like that... "not kind" to my retort from some flamer calling me gay. I like how you skimmed past his post.

Didn't know that having a "trophy or knockout wife" could mean someone isn't gay...

hmm, ya learn something new everyday..

Theresa

Not with the peanut gallery around. The blame me for everything, but the truth is ANYTIME someone doesn't come in with an ass-slapping Carroll Shelby is my hero attitude they attempt a circle jerk on the poster. Mainly Rufdraft, the "MSRP GT500" guy from some hillbilly town who owns no Mustangs and whines about his wife and mysteriously non existent GT order.

He's gone too far this time, Dan.

My wife, by the way, has MS - and hasn't worked in 6 months and has been suffering every day.

I'm trying to find some way to forgive you, Chris - because you don't know her.

You should be ashamed of youself.

How brave you are and how insecure you must be to lash out repeatedly at those you don't know. Those who share a very similar passion for cars.

Of course, if I knew who you were and could get to where you live, I'd be having this discussion in a much different way. I'd teach you the meaning of the word respect - a "term" you're unfamiliar with.

Meantime - picture your mother laying in bed for 6 months - with her arms and legs shaking uncrontollably - wincing in pain from migraines - being able to do no more than take a shower without feeling exhausted. How would that make you feel, Chris?

Want to know how I feel about you right now? Give me your address, you excuse for a human being.

Guest evilchris

Didn't know that having a "trophy or knockout wife" could mean someone isn't gay...

hmm, ya learn something new everyday..

Theresa

Not a trophy at all. She's actually a scientist working on a compound which is showing promise in reversing diabetes.

He's gone too far this time, Dan.

Hah. Don't talk crap if you don't want to deal with a response.

Could it possibly be because Bryan has a Good Rapport with the majority of Posters' on this Site and I know where he's 'coming from'? You make the Bed you Sleep in Dude.

You aren't a speaker of the majority of this site.

Archived