TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question for Shelby owners with an Automatic tranny

tekheavy

Is it me, or is the location of the button to to deactivate the overdrive in a very awkward location? You kinda have to slip your pinky in there just right to deactivate it. I had a 02 GT and the button was on the other side of the shifter in a perfect place where you can hit it with your thumb. Now with my Shelby I usually just deactivate the overdrive when I'm leaving my driveway if I'm not doing any highway driving because of the awkwardness of the button location. Anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

Me too. I'm used to using my thumb. In fact, it took a while to find it...

Makes no difference to me I don't use it at all.

13.4 at 105mph bonestock. Thats enough reason alone.

By the way, I agree. I was amazed at this automatic. This isn't your grandma's automatic. The shifts are well timed and extremely crsip.

I can't wait to get the KB supercharger on it.

I have one of each, but primarily because of a bad back.

- chronic back pain from a ruptured lumbar disc

- Washington DC metro area traffic

- ability to drink a (non-alcoholic) beverage and drive at the same time

- wife drives the car too

- it's more refined like a luxury car (don't flame me on this one) but the convertible SGT is a classy car in my humble opinion

- nothing to prove to anyone at my age :)

I think the location is ok. The button isn't convenient, but then again, it probably shouldn't be. I find that the location minimizes the possibility of hitting it when you don't want to. When you do (mountain driving for me,) a slight push with the pinkie is sufficient. And I really like the blatant orange light that tells you that it is off. You can't miss it unless you're in a coma.

I think the location is ok. The button isn't convenient, but then again, it probably shouldn't be. I find that the location minimizes the possibility of hitting it when you don't want to. When you do (mountain driving for me,) a slight push with the pinkie is sufficient. And I really like the blatant orange light that tells you that it is off. You can't miss it unless you're in a coma.

Agreed that mountain driving is the primary reason for using the switch. I use it when climbing to avoid transmission hunt (I still get a little) and when going downhill to avoid the brakes.

Archived