TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dyno Testing in Bay Area

idrathergolf

• 3 weeks later...
For those in the Bay Area, where are you going to get your cars on the dyno? I have a shop in San Jose that does it but they don't do any tuning. I would like to find a spot that does tuning AND has some experience with GT500's. :banghead:

The only shop I could find so far in the Bay Area that will tune my car is Big Boy Racing. I definitely need someone to do a dyno tune as the canned tune from Evolution Performance is running too lean. I had to pour a can of octane boost to get rid of the pinging and high idle. I wonder if anyone else in this area is experiencing issues with Stage 3 tune. With the octane boost the car is running great but I don't pour in a can of octane boost everytime I fill up the car.

Big Boy (http://www.bigboyracing.com) wants to charge $700 for the custom tune. Is this reasonable? Seems high to me. Anyone in my area find somebody that will do a good job but not charge so much?

The only shop I could find so far in the Bay Area that will tune my car is Big Boy Racing. I definitely need someone to do a dyno tune as the canned tune from Evolution Performance is running too lean. I had to pour a can of octane boost to get rid of the pinging and high idle. I wonder if anyone else in this area is experiencing issues with Stage 3 tune. With the octane boost the car is running great but I don't pour in a can of octane boost everytime I fill up the car.

Big Boy (http://www.bigboyracing.com) wants to charge $700 for the custom tune. Is this reasonable? Seems high to me. Anyone in my area find somebody that will do a good job but not charge so much?

nextgen autosports in hayward.

http://www.nextgenautosport.com/

several of the members on this board have used them. you can probably have them (daniel) work with fred to tweak the tune.

nextgen autosports in hayward.

http://www.nextgenautosport.com/

several of the members on this board have used them. you can probably have them (daniel) work with fred to tweak the tune.

I just talked to Matt and Next Gen. Much better! Will put the car on the dyno and can do minor adjustments to the Evo Perf tune. $175 per hour and he doesn't think it will take more than 2 hours.

I explained that the car was running lean and he said he has dealt with this issue regarding the EP tunes here in California. According to Matt, the octane levels here in CA are just low compared to other parts of the country and it is difficult for EP to tune their R&D cars without using the low octane gas in CA.

Thank you for the reference. I will post the RWHP once I schedule a dyno test in a couple of weeks. I'm very curious what the Stage 3 from EP will produce.

I just talked to Matt and Next Gen. Much better! Will put the car on the dyno and can do minor adjustments to the Evo Perf tune. $175 per hour and he doesn't think it will take more than 2 hours.

I explained that the car was running lean and he said he has dealt with this issue regarding the EP tunes here in California. According to Matt, the octane levels here in CA are just low compared to other parts of the country and it is difficult for EP to tune their R&D cars without using the low octane gas in CA.

Thank you for the reference. I will post the RWHP once I schedule a dyno test in a couple of weeks. I'm very curious what the Stage 3 from EP will produce.

no problem. let me know when you schedule to get on the dyno. would love to get down there. i will be doing tvs too so i would love to see your dyno pull in person.

no problem. let me know when you schedule to get on the dyno. would love to get down there. i will be doing tvs too so i would love to see your dyno pull in person.

I probably will schedule the dyno Thursday or Friday. I will know which day today after I talk to Nextgen. You are welcome to observe. I'll send you a PM to let you know the exact day and time.

Archived