TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheel Hop

Oh noes! I tried calling up Lethal to order these but they aren't open on Saturdays!!

I cannot tell from the description if what you're buying is a SET, or if you have to buy TWO of the item, so I cannot order until I know for sure. I was also hoping to ask Jared a few other questions.

Grabber if you're online... please LMK!

I'd like to order ASAP because by Wednesday my new rear end will arrive, and I figure since Ford is replacing my entire rear end, they can just slap these on there... should be no labor charge since it'll all be torn apart anyway.

The $120 some odd bucks covers the set. You get 2, one for each side. You don't have to tell them you want 2.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I installed my "Grabberized" BMR LCAs and adjustable panhard bar on Saturday. The fit and finish was first rate.

Jared: Thanks for the great service. I was surprised when FedEx delivered them on Saturday and proceeded with the install. Props to Lethal Performance!

Grabber, I plagiarized your idea of using plastic coated cable clamps and self-tapping screws to secure the E-brake cable. It makes it so clean. Thanks.

I installed my "Grabberized" BMR LCAs and adjustable panhard bar on Saturday. The fit and finish was first rate.

Jared: Thanks for the great service. I was surprised when FedEx delivered them on Saturday a proceeded with the install. Props to Lethal Performance!

Grabber, I plagiarized your idea of using plastic coated cable clamps and self-tapping screws to secure the E-brake cable. It makes it so clean. Thanks.

I am glad your happy.

Now you can add to global warming by spinning those tires with ease. :hysterical:

no alignmemt need with UCA my dealer put it on with no problems. Simple install, if you do not want to affect the ride NVH charteristics go with the Roush UCA. I have a set of Steeda LCA's for sale 100 + shipping if any one is interested, they are used.

no alignmemt need with UCA my dealer put it on with no problems. Simple install, if you do not want to affect the ride NVH charteristics go with the Roush UCA. I have a set of Steeda LCA's for sale 100 + shipping if any one is interested, they are used.

Am at work now and the dealer is doing the recall on the passenger air bag and will do oil change at 1600 miles also the lower controls will be in...after work i will try them and post.

Am at work now and the dealer is doing the recall on the passenger air bag and will do oil change at 1600 miles also the lower controls will be in...after work i will try them and post.

We want pic's of your big long burn off with now wheel hop. :hysterical:

We want pic's of your big long burn off with now wheel hop. :hysterical:

Or me in jail for reckless driving.............. :hysterical:

Will tell you how are they once i try them ..............the service manager installed LCAs on gt500 and he was impressed with them and asked where i got'em from...surely i referred him to our great forum for other customers if they were interested.

Let me start with the good news...Wheel hop is gone and temp. here in MI is in low 60....So honestly i felt like am driving a different car, we owe our shelbys at least the LCA no matter if it was BMR or any thing else...it is a must do thing to protect the axle from the darn wheel hop..........Thx Rob .....Thx Lethal performance.

Oil change was a different story...Am busy and i cannot find time to do it myself nor to watch over them when they do it. i explaned to them that it is motorcraft 6.5 q and motor craft filter....they said ok....I picked up the car and had dozen of things to do ...Well it turned out they put 7 q and quick lube filter :banghead:

Am not sure if that would cause any harm to the engine but i will call them first thing in the morning to see what went wrong...also i will call SVT to see if any possible harm that could of happened....

With more than 250 hours a month of hard work it is difficult for me to stay on the top of those things less doing them my self :shrug:

Oil change was a different story...Am busy and i cannot find time to do it myself nor to watch over them when they do it. i explaned to them that it is motorsport 6.5 q and motor sport filter....they said ok....I picked up the car and had dozen of things to do ...Well it turned out they put 7 q and quick lube filter :banghead:

Am not sure if that would cause any harm to the engine but i will call them first thing in the morning to see what went wrong...also i will call SVT to see if any possible harm that could of happened....

With more than 250 hours a month of hard work it is difficult for me to stay on the top of those things less doing them my self :shrug:

I have worked at Ford dealerships since 1983 (Parts Dept. Manager). I'm lucky enough to have a tech that is very savey on the GT500 and the GT. My personal opinion is that if a dealer is certified to sell these things they should be forced to have certified techs to work on them.

If I were you I would seriously voice my displeasure with the way the service was handled. Don't complain downstairs (Service Dept.) Complain to your salesman. You will get more action that way. They might think you are a jackass downstairs but believe me they won't screw up a second time. Besides, remember you are not there to make friends you are there to have your baby serviced properly.

I just changed my own oil at 1200 miles and put the full "7" Quarts in and it

still shows right on the full mark......................

It says in the manual 6.5....and i read in another thread that if you put more you may do more harm than good but i cannot find the thread......sorry to high jack the topic but i got worried with the 7 q and the quick lube filter.

9 miles......

I would call SVT first thing in the morning....

The LCA cured the wheel hop, I am happy with it.

I am glad you are happy with the LCA wheel hop cure.

Right the filter number down off of this Pic, and have them put it on. They will need to ad some oil back in too.

th_JLTMotorcraftoil003.jpg

OK.....time for the Oil Man to step into the fray!

Ford is notiorious for using a "Manufacturing Tolerance" style dipstick...."FULL" OR "MAX" is not a "correct level" ......the top of the hash mark is a manufacturing tolerence, and the "MAXIMUM" amount of oil that can "fit" without issues....Only Ford could come up with something this stupid! Now if you track your car, 7 qts would not be an issue do to loading, and windage....

Another thing could be their inventory control....it is hard to inventory 1/2 full bottles of motor oil....they may just charge out 7 qts, and call it good....we use to do it that way, and actually have gone to listing the actual contents poured into the car. We save the partial qt bottles for topoffs......When you are dispensing it in bulk out of metered guns, 6.whatever is easy to inventory.....not so with 1 qt bottles.

Half way up the hash marks is the correct level for 6.5 qts of 5w-50 and a new filter.....

Sharabi......when you say a "quick-Lube" filter....what do you mean? can you see a "Brand Name" on the filter? Odd that a Ford Dealer would not use a Motorcraft filter on a vehicle under warranty....or any Ford product for that matter.....

I am not going to get off on a filter tangent, but I personally have decided to switch to using the Motorcraft Filters on my car.....I was in the Mobil-1 camp.....

:backtotopic:

I did not see the filter my self i have no ramps at the garage where i put the car nor the time . however this is what was written on the bill:

Quick Lube oil filter @ 4.450/unit total .....4.54& for the oil filter item.

I did not see motorcraft written any where.

I did not see the filter my self i have no ramps at the garage where i put the car nor the time . however this is what was written on the bill:

Quick Lube oil filter @ 4.450/unit total .....4.54& for the oil filter item.

I did not see motorcraft written any where.

Do they have an on-site Ford Fast-Lube bay? That could just be some sort of inventory reference....I would definitely call them on it, and prove what they installed....loose inventory control at any rate.

Just installed BMR LCAs today and I notice right off the wheel hop is rare and the car grips better on take off.

Gassman,

When you take your car out to do some spirited driving, do you turn the TC off ?

I do, because the computer is trying to make your car get traction, and it messes with my fun, and I have heard that it is not good for the clutch.

Gassman,

When you take your car out to do some spirited driving, do you turn the TC off ?

I do, because the computer is trying to make your car get traction, and it messes with my fun, and I have heard that it is not good for the clutch.

I thought it would be harmful to transmission and gears to shift while the tire is spinning according to manual...but spirited driving with TC on how can it be harmful?

I thought it would be harmful to transmission and gears to shift while the tire is spinning according to manual...but spirited driving with TC on how can it be harmful?

A local friend of mine that has a GT500 was doing some burn outs in his GT500. BadTony is his screen name. Tony's clutch went out. He had his car towed to the dealership, and the dealer replaced the clutch. He was fortunate that it was all covered. This was last spring, and he was told by the dealership that it is not good for the car to do burn outs with the TC on. That's all I really know abut it. So it's "here say".

A local friend of mine that has a GT500 was doing some burn outs in his GT500. BadTony is his screen name. Tony's clutch went out. He had his car towed to the dealership, and the dealer replaced the clutch. He was fortunate that it was all covered. This was last spring, and he was told by the dealership that it is not good for the car to do burn outs with the TC on. That's all I really know abut it. So it's "here say".

I misunderstood the spirited driving...i did not refer to a burn out..since you are not driving any where with it, just spinning tires in place :hysterical: ....i agree with you on that one.

I misunderstood the spirited driving...i did not refer to a burn out..since you are not driving any where with it, just spinning tires in place :hysterical: ....i agree with you on that one.

If I am doing a hard launch that will smoke the tires....I keep the TC off.

Archived