TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheel Hop

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received my Grabberized LCA's on Saturday and installed this morning (Monday). All went well except one wheel stud was cross threaded from the factory and reinstalling those darn brake cables took forever. There must be a trick that I don't know.

Anyway I will get my new wheel stud installed tomorrow morning (my dealer had to order it with a new nut) and then check for wheel hop, or NOT.

I went in to have my crossed threaded lug and nut replace and the part was wrong. Turns out they ordered a lug for a front wheel and not the back that I needed. I didn't specify and wasn't asked thinking both were the same. Turns out the back studs are bigger, more heavy duty so I havn't been able to road test for wheelhop yet, maybe tomorw.

Well, I am Impressed. I got about 50 miles in this afternoon and I could not get the wheels to hop no matter what I did. I am a happy camper :woohoo: .

Now, I am a little less impressed with the short throw shifter. I got the FRPP M-7210-B. The difference is not as much as I expected but for $120.00 I guess I can't bitch.

I haven't installed them yet....any thing specific about how to reinstall the brake cable?

If I remember correctly you need to:

1. Remove the Tire/Rim

2. The cable has a steel knob on the end of it that has a special shape. You have to turn it with a screw driver or a needle nose plyers and it comes right out of the hole.

3. Then pull the cable back thru the factory LCA.

4. The tire can then be put right back on at that point.

Removing this brake cable so you can pass it back thru the factory LCA is the only reason the tire has to come off.

I got my new lug installed but has rained ever since so I have been unable to check for wheelhop.

Like I said, reinstalling the brake cable was a bear for me. I used a large screw driver to pry back the bracket as far a possible, then wedged a wrench handle the proper width to hold the arm back while I pulled the cable back into it's notch. Yes the break needs to be off. Wish I have a better way to do it.

Will check for wheelhop as soon as the roads dry.

I am having the same issue with my stock 2007 White with Blue stripes GT500. I notice the wheel hop more in cold weather. I took it to my dealership back in Feb 08. They agree it was wheelhop and the called Ford Performance to see if there were any TSBs out for this issue. Ford SVT said it was normal with the GT500. I also called SVT for myself and they said it was a ride quality over pure performance decision. They suggested I go to aftermarket sources for polyurethane bushing LCAs if I want a little harsher ride with minimal to no wheel hop. I have learned to live with it for now, but will be upgrading if I make any horsepower additions and or no TSBs are put out there before the end of 2008.

It as saddens me that Ford/Shelby didn't make the fixes and upgrades that the KR has on the production GT500. I think we all would have paid a little more to have these minimal performance enhancing produces put in the GT500 production design. Edmunds Inside line coined it right: You cannot look at the KR without cynicism. It is what the GT500 should have been from the start.

Jared hooked me up, (no pun intended), with the LCAs and adjustable panhard bar. Thanks, Jared!

Between the MT's and Grabberized LCA's you're definitely going to notice a major difference. Thanks again for all your support Stephen.

Jared

That's the one! I had found your other link about the defective bushings. That was back in October. Since you've gotten that worked out, are you still happy with the BMR's?

Yes, real happy.

Have inspected the bushings 3 times under light with my car on ramps and I have found no more problems.

The rain in Wisconsin finally stopped and as hard as I could try to get my Shelby to hop I couldn't get it to do it thanks to my Grabberized BMR LCA's.

Thanks Grabber and thanks as well to Jared at Lethal Performance. Love ths car!!!!

any direction on how to grease them...after installation do you unscrew the two bolts on the bottom then squeeze the grease with the gun then put the bolts back on....? or grease them before?...sorry i haven't done work on my cars before.

They come with the grease fittings (Zerks) installed After installing just grease the fittings.

any direction on how to grease them...after installation do you unscrew the two bolts on the bottom then squeeze the grease with the gun then put the bolts back on....? or grease them before?...sorry i haven't done work on my cars before.

They are not bolts on the bottom.....they are zerk fittings. The grease gun snaps onto them.

Easy Peasy. :hysterical:

You can also get the Roush UCA anti wheel hop kit and it will not affect your ride or NVH just cure your wheelhop. Its the only thing I had to do to fix the wheelhop on my car. It has a factory style bushing that will never need servicing also, put it in and forget it.

You can also get the Roush UCA anti wheel hop kit and it will not affect your ride or NVH just cure your wheelhop. Its the only thing I had to do to fix the wheelhop on my car. It has a factory style bushing that will never need servicing also, put it in and forget it.

The UCA is a bear to install from what I have read.

I figured I would try the easy installation of the LCA first and it cured the problem like many others have experienced.

The UCA is a bear to install from what I have read.

I figured I would try the easy installation of the LCA first and it cured the problem like many others have experienced.

UCA was a snap i did both my lowers and uppers and a panhard br in a hour or so, but i did use a lift at work

Oh noes! I tried calling up Lethal to order these but they aren't open on Saturdays!!

I cannot tell from the description if what you're buying is a SET, or if you have to buy TWO of the item, so I cannot order until I know for sure. I was also hoping to ask Jared a few other questions.

Grabber if you're online... please LMK!

I'd like to order ASAP because by Wednesday my new rear end will arrive, and I figure since Ford is replacing my entire rear end, they can just slap these on there... should be no labor charge since it'll all be torn apart anyway.

I don't think you need alignment with LCA...but would that be necessary with UCA?

Archived