TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Mustang Round-Up Bellevue WA 7/20/08

Gun Oil

I did this a 3 years ago with my Boss 302 and it was a fun day....the largest collection of Mustangs, etc, this side of the Mississippi!

I spoke with one of the contacts this AM, and for the People's Choice portion of the show (Sunday 7/20) the gates will open around 7 to 7:30 AM.....$20.00 a carload at the gate.

There will be a unique 2007 2008 Shelby Class for the General Public to Judge.....this is a very subjective thing, but I found that the Public is pretty good in judging the quality of the cars.....I finished 2nd only to one of the better Driven Boss 429's in the Country, and my old car was a multiple show winner, so technically I had the "best" Boss 302.....

Here is the Link to the Club's Website....there is a lnik there tp the Show info....It asctually starts on Thursday with an Auto-X at teh Monroe Fairgrounds, with a Pony Trails Drive on Friday.....Saturday is the true show jugded cars by National Mustang Judges, and Sunday is the People's Chioce Show that I have reffered to.....

2008 Mustang Round-Up

Let's show the public what the New Shelby's are, and why they should pick one of TS's members as the Show Winners!

Quote this post and sign up to meet and drive in together at 7:15 AM, or meet for breakfast at 6:00AM at Lil' Jon Restaraunt in Eastgate:

1) Gun Oil (Win & maybe Sam....!) Breakfast and Group Drive-In

I went to this show last year, and had a blast. I was planning to attend this year as well, make it an annual trip, but unfortunately my wife made other plans, and we will be visiting her family in DC that week.

Everyone who can make it, enjoy! It's a great location with tons of excellent cars.

As last years Third place Peoples Choice winner, :rockon: I will be there to defend my title. :bowdown: HEHE

Tons of very nice cars. Last year the Shelby showing was a little weak so it would be nice to have a larger numbers. Saleen has been the big thing at the Round UP over the last 10 years or so. 'Bout time to change all that :devil2:

Bryan

I did this a 3 years ago with my Boss 302 and it was a fun day....the largest collection of Mustangs, etc, this side of the Mississippi!

I spoke with one of the contacts this AM, and for the People's Choice portion of the show (Sunday 7/20) the gates will open around 7 to 7:30 AM.....$20.00 a carload at the gate.

There will be a unique 2007 2008 Shelby Class for the General Public to Judge.....this is a very subjective thing, but I found that the Public is pretty good in judging the quality of the cars.....I finished 2nd only to one of the better Driven Boss 429's in the Country, and my old car was a multiple show winner, so technically I had the "best" Boss 302.....

mr2ndplacesigtext.jpg

Here is the Link to the Club's Website....there is a lnik there tp the Show info....It asctually starts on Thursday with an Auto-X at teh Monroe Fairgrounds, with a Pony Trails Drive on Friday.....Saturday is the true show jugded cars by National Mustang Judges, and Sunday is the People's Chioce Show that I have reffered to.....

2008 Mustang Round-Up

If there was any interest, we could pick a time and place for the Sunday Show, and go in as a group. I have a place in mind that we could meet for breakfast which is about 5 minutes from the BCC Campus.....

Let's show the public what the New Shelby's are, and why they should pick one of TS's members as the Show Winners!

Love those Boss 302's :) you still have it ?

Love those Boss 302's :) you still have it ?

Unfortunately....no.....I sold it locally a year ago last month.... :cry:

It got to the point that I was paranoid about driving the car....if it gets that bad, I don't need to own it anymore! :banghead:

I always lament about having sold my 1966 Shelby GT350 20 years ago....guess if I still had that one, I would have been paranoid about it too!

Ahhhhh, the ones that got away!

Good thing a new Shelby is in the Garage! :banvictory:

OK..... :backtotopic:

There is a restaraunt in the Eastgate area North of I-90 called Lil' Jon....It has been there since the 1960's.....as have many of the staff! :hysterical::hysterical:

I plan on getting there around 6AM to enjoy one of the better Chicken Fried Steaks on the West Coast! I would expect to head over to BCC around 7:15, as it is only 2 minutes up the road from the there.

Reply again if you want to roll in together, or just take our chances on getting parked as a group. Also sign up as to you just want to come in as a group, or if you want a nice breakfast first! :yup:

It would be awesome to have at least 10 Shelbys come in together....!

Let's start a list back on my first post......quote it, and let me know your plans.....

In 2005, when I was running with the Boss 302 Boys, we hung around after, and got this sweet group shot in one of the parking lots

sidegroup.jpg

This is a hard one. I've been going pretty much every year since '87. I've only put my car in for the last 3 of them. Now that I have the Shelby I'm not sure which one I want to drive. The 89 I've built from ground up...the Shebly's pretty much factory stock...kinda boring. Not sure which one to bring or if I should find another driver and bring both. Decisions, decisions...

This is a hard one. I've been going pretty much every year since '87. I've only put my car in for the last 3 of them. Now that I have the Shelby I'm not sure which one I want to drive. The 89 I've built from ground up...the Shebly's pretty much factory stock...kinda boring. Not sure which one to bring or if I should find another driver and bring both. Decisions, decisions...

I think your last thought is the best! :happy feet:

I try to make it every year, but haven't always been able to. Will likely get there this year, but my 07 GT is no show pony - it's a daily driver & bracket racer - so it's role at any Mustang show or gathering is to make the surrounding ponies look that much better.

I try to make it every year, but haven't always been able to. Will likely get there this year, but my 07 GT is no show pony - it's a daily driver & bracket racer - so it's role at any Mustang show or gathering is to make the surrounding ponies look that much better.

:hysterical:

OK Guys and Gals!

I really don't understand the apathy here regarding this event! :shrug:

It is the PREMEIRE Mustang & Shelby event on the West Coast, and noted as the LARGEST GATHERING of Mustangs in the USA! :banvictory:

What is the issue? just 5 weeks and counting! :headscratch:

Here is the PDF with all the details of what is going on...

Round-Up Info 2008 -- Be there....or....Be Square!

C'mon you Portland faithful??? :slapfight:

We came down for you!!!

I can't believe I will be sitting around all day diddlin' my shifter all alone???? :do what:

I am going to enter the Auto-X on Thursday.....any you Boyz' up to it??? :spiteful:

As last years Third place Peoples Choice winner, :rockon: I will be there to defend my title. :bowdown: HEHE

Tons of very nice cars. Last year the Shelby showing was a little weak so it would be nice to have a larger numbers. Saleen has been the big thing at the Round UP over the last 10 years or so. 'Bout time to change all that :devil2:

Bryan

B-Man....You going to come and break bread with me?

Looks like just us chicken's so far! :hysterical:

Unfortunately....no.....I sold it locally a year ago last month.... :cry:

It got to the point that I was paranoid about driving the car....if it gets that bad, I don't need to own it anymore! :banghead:

I always lament about having sold my 1966 Shelby GT350 20 years ago....guess if I still had that one, I would have been paranoid about it too!

Ahhhhh, the ones that got away!

Good thing a new Shelby is in the Garage! :banvictory:

OK..... :backtotopic:

There is a restaraunt in the Eastgate area North of I-90 called Lil' Jon....It has been there since the 1960's.....as have many of the staff! :hysterical::hysterical:

I plan on getting there around 6AM to enjoy one of the better Chicken Fried Steaks on the West Coast! I would expect to head over to BCC around 7:15, as it is only 2 minutes up the road from the there.

Reply again if you want to roll in together, or just take our chances on getting parked as a group. Also sign up as to you just want to come in as a group, or if you want a nice breakfast first! :yup:

It would be awesome to have at least 10 Shelbys come in together....!

Let's start a list back on my first post......quote it, and let me know your plans.....

In 2005, when I was running with the Boss 302 Boys, we hung around after, and got this sweet group shot in one of the parking lots

sidegroup.jpg

Thats my grabber orange BOSS 302 and BOSS 429 on the left side of the picture. I'll be there with my new grabber orange Shelby GT500 and FORD GT this year. last year there were about 10 new Shelbys at the show - I suspect the class will be that big or bigger this year as most of the local car shows show a hugh trend towards the new Mustangs.

Thats my grabber orange BOSS 302 and BOSS 429 on the left side of the picture. I'll be there with my new grabber orange Shelby GT500 and FORD GT this year. last year there were about 10 new Shelbys at the show - I suspect the class will be that big or bigger this year as most of the local car shows show a hugh trend towards the new Mustangs.

Hey Ed.....my old B302 is right behind your 429....! Kind of ironic since you finshed 1st in class, and I was 2nd that year! Funny that we both sold our Bosses and got GT500's!

Hopefully some more folks will decide to meet up ahead of time, and go in together......Otherwise I will be a "One Man Parade"! :banvictory:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I live in Idaho and the wife and I are planning on going to the Roundup. I'll be bringing the SNAKE. I just got it back from Shelby in Las Vegas about three weeks ago and heard the Roundup is the place to take it. Hope to meet some of you there.

Bart

Hello everyone. I live in Idaho and the wife and I are planning on going to the Roundup. I'll be bringing the SNAKE. I just got it back from Shelby in Las Vegas about three weeks ago and heard the Roundup is the place to take it. Hope to meet some of you there.

Bart

Congrats! We look forward to having you join us! Please come to breakfast if you can....there is a hotel just up the street....I think A Mariott property!

Bart

Bart,

Glad to hear that you're going to make it. How about a pic of that badboy.

2008 Mustang Round-Up

Quote this post and sign up to meet and drive in together at 7:15 AM, or meet for breakfast at 6:00AM at Lil' Jon Restaraunt in Eastgate:

1) Gun Oil (Win & maybe Sam....!) Breakfast and Group Drive-In

I am doing the Levenworth trails cruise on Friday. My Shelby is not a show car, just the best grand touring car in the world, maybe.

Here is my show car but I think it wouldn't be that popular at the Mustang show.

post-12985-1215139092.jpg

post-12985-1215139092.jpg

Bart,

Glad to hear that you're going to make it. How about a pic of that badboy.

I hope I do this right. Here it is.

Bartpost-10852-1215148914.jpg

post-10852-1215148914.jpg

I hope I do this right. Here it is.

Bartpost-10852-1215148914.jpg

Here is another one.

Bartpost-10852-1215179652.jpg

post-10852-1215148914.jpg

post-10852-1215179652.jpg

I am doing the Levenworth trails cruise on Friday. My Shelby is not a show car, just the best grand touring car in the world, maybe.

Here is my show car but I think it wouldn't be that popular at the Mustang show.

Thats a nice looking charger !

Thats a nice looking charger !

Thanks man,

I have not made a final decision but am considering selling it and paying off my Shelby GT 500. My wife and I are just a few years from retirement and need to be socking away more money. One of our long standing rules about hobby cars is that we only spend money we have. No credit transactions. Well, I broke the rule with the Shelby.

I bought the Charger in 1998 as my mid life toy and have put a lot into it over the years. It runs as well as any car I have with the original 440 putting out all the power and torque that it had back in the day.

Now you have way more information than you wanted.

• 2 weeks later...

Today is the MCA Judging....and ....tomorrow is the Big day for many.....the public show!

Again, if any of you can make it, please come, and help build the class of GT500's....and SGT's.....(Sorry Ron)

I was the ONLY GT500 out at the Auto-X on Thursday...SCGT2666 (Ron) made it...and was the fastest of the 2 SGT's that were there!

From what I can recall, on "raw" time I was a bit slower than a few other "Modified" S197's, but when you factor in cone penalties, I had the fastest time! It was a blast, and I recommend it to all!

See you on Sunday!

Archived