TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Baer Brake Upgrade Results - Video

Wow, Thanks for that information there Ilmor. I'll probably be looking into the "upgraded" rotors and pads for my SGT for now...at least untili I can afford to get the supercharger, GT500 Wheels and larger brakes...

I was impressed with just the improvements that the upgrade made...

I'm glad you all are liking the video, as I did also. I would like to eventually do that basic SGT upgrade as well.

I'm glad you all are liking the video, as I did also. I would like to eventually do that basic SGT upgrade as well.

Nice, I like the fact you can get the initial upgrade package on the stock wheels.

Dave

People always ask me if the brakes work real well. I tell them, "You stop so fast your fillings will hit the windshield."

I love the brakes and definitely recommend them even if you are not going to S/C but a must have if you are.

Great find on the video! And it was neat seeing Gary Patterson on it. Side story there I will share sometime.

:talkhand:

Anyone find a 18" wheel that will fit these brakes yet? :banghead:

GT500 wheel (I have a set of the black ones in transit for the track)

Carroll Shelby Wheels-CS69

GT500KR Alcoas (not available, mabe in the future)

...Tire rack has several that fit the GT500 and should fit over the brakes.

EDIT: Steeda Pentar

http://www.carrollshelbywheels.com/

Jeg's has them:

http://www.jegs.com/ECatalog/full.asp?page=263

Also, the other MM, MichaelMorris can get them for you.

I confirmed several times with different people at Carroll Shelby Wheels that the 18" CS69 fit over the brakes. They are certain they do but check for yourself. I was going to buy a set of the Hyper Black CS69s for the track until the Black GT500 wheel came out. The GT500 wheel is cheaper.

http://www.carrollshelbywheels.com/

Jeg's has them:

http://www.jegs.com/ECatalog/full.asp?page=263

Also, the other MM, MichaelMorris can get them for you.

I confirmed several times with different people at Carroll Shelby Wheels that the 18" CS69 fit over the brakes. They are certain they do but check for yourself. I was going to buy a set of the Hyper Black CS69s for the track until the Black GT500 wheel came out. The GT500 wheel is cheaper.

What wheels are on your car. They obviously clear the brakes. Where are you getting your black GT500 wheels?

What wheels are on your car. They obviously clear the brakes. Where are you getting your black GT500 wheels?

The wheels in my signature are 20" American Racing GT40s. They have been discontinued and I returned my set because of a defect.

I ordered my GT500 wheels at a local wheel place because of the credit from returning my American Racing wheels. You should be able to get the GT500 wheels from any Ford Racing dealer or http://www.buyfordracing.com/

untitled.jpg

I hope to change out the center cap with a "Ford Racing" version in the future.

PS.

Two other 18" wheels that will work:

Steeda Pentar

Roush Track Pak wheel

The wheels in my signature are 20" American Racing GT40s. They have been discontinued and I returned my set because of a defect.

I ordered my GT500 wheels at a local wheel place because of the credit from returning my American Racing wheels. You should be able to get the GT500 wheels from any Ford Racing dealer or http://www.buyfordracing.com/

untitled.jpg

I hope to change out the center cap with a "Ford Racing" version in the future.

PS.

Two other 18" wheels that will work:

Steeda Pentar

Roush Track Pak wheel

Thank you... :bowdown:

Very interesting. I would like to know the numbers if they upgraded rotors and added the stainless steel lines...

These just arrived today. :) I will install and post impressions and opinion. These are from the group buy through Stillen...

They are very heavy-duty and seem well made. I like the machining on the slots and the holes.

Dan

brakes01.jpg

brakes03.jpg

brakes04.jpg

Wasn't sure how much brake fluid was needed. For amount, the owners manuel said to fill between the low and high marks! :hysterical:

brakes02.jpg

I love this video. I've watched daily since it was posted (thanks ilmor!) The brakes on the blue vert are the ones I ordered for my blue vert.

Dig-It:

Would you mind posting the parts that you actually ordered and the cost?

This video was exactly what I was looking for to show me what the difference is for the stopping power. I'm sold!

Thanks,

Andy.

Dig-It:

Would you mind posting the parts that you actually ordered and the cost?

This video was exactly what I was looking for to show me what the difference is for the stopping power. I'm sold!

Thanks,

Andy.

Baer Brake DecelaRotors: Front $266; Rear $236

Hawk HPS performance brake pads: Front $84; Rear $68

Stainless steel brake lines (for all four brakes): $230

Total: $884

Baer Brake DecelaRotors: Front $266; Rear $236

Hawk HPS performance brake pads: Front $84; Rear $68

Stainless steel brake lines (for all four brakes): $230

Total: $884

In the video, they don't replace the brake lines with the stainless steel lines like you are/have done. When I started researching the brake improvement options about 3 months ago, Page Nicholson (I think that's the correct name) at one of the vendors told me in another thread about everything you have on the list including the SS lines. I was looking for something to improve braking with out the huge expense of new Calipers and potentially having to change to different wheels & tires. I actually love the factory wheels my SGT came with (lucky for my wallet).

How much of an impact would the SS lines have on stopping performance?

Would it be waistful to do everything but the SS lines now, and should I put them on the short list to do them later?

Andy.

In the video, they don't replace the brake lines with the stainless steel lines like you are/have done. When I started researching the brake improvement options about 3 months ago, Page Nicholson (I think that's the correct name) at one of the vendors told me in another thread about everything you have on the list including the SS lines. I was looking for something to improve braking with out the huge expense of new Calipers and potentially having to change to different wheels & tires. I actually love the factory wheels my SGT came with (lucky for my wallet).

How much of an impact would the SS lines have on stopping performance?

Would it be waistful to do everything but the SS lines now, and should I put them on the short list to do them later?

Andy.

Hey Andy,

PERSONAL opinion here - do the SS lines, you wont be disappointed. Provides much better pedal feel. Its not a killer expensive upgrade either. We sell the Goodridge SS Lines (all four corners) for $216.70.

Here is a link to the lines - http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=GDRL...p;model=MUSTANG

Please feel free to give me a call (866-278-8287 x134) if I can be of any help. If you decide to order online, please mention my name in the comments section of your order.

Thanks Much

Page

Andy,

Just like Page said, they do offer a better brake pedal feel - as to how soon the brakes come on once you start depressing the pedal. I would (cause I am) go ahead and do them now while you're in there changing out the pads and rotors anyway. And like Page also said, the SS brake lines are just a couple hundred and well worth the price IMHO.

Archived