TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally Found One

Some of you may know that I have been looking for a GT500 for a couple of months now and I finally found one. I originally placed an order for an 09 Alloy with all options except for NAV wiht my local dealer. This dealer is a very small dealer and I don't think they are going to get one for 09 but he says they will. I then talked to Shelby Dude and he said that he would do the order since they are a little larger than my local dealer but couldn't promise anything for 09. I went to a Pony-Round-Up at a larger dealer a few weeks ago and placed another order for an 09 Alloy and I had to make a committment to the order because of the color so I did.

Since then I have been looking all over the place for one that wouldn't rape me and I changed my mind on the color. I finally did, :happy feet: well they gave me a little vasaline with it. :censored: The dealer is about 185 miles away. They wanted $50,000 even for the car, I sent them pictures of my trade-in and they were willing to give me more for my trade-in than anyone else. I called the dealer that I had to commit to and they tried to tell me I couldn't get of it. Well. I was pretty persistent on getting out of it that they said that I would do what I wanted anyway in a pissy way. I told this dealer that I bought the car from that I lost a deposit and they gave me an extra $500 on my trade in which took it up to asking price for that car. So to boil it down, I am $300-400 in the good comapred to my original order.

Now the good part, the dealer requires a burn out when leaving. First one not too good since I didn't know what to expect out 500 ponies plus I forgot about the TCS. Turned off the TCS, got out on the street and did one much better. The funny part was the all the front office employees were waving goodbye to the Shelby and not me. Now that me and my wife are on the way home, we get about 40 miles down the road and it starts pouring down rain. It didn't let up until we were about 5 miles from home with a light rain.

I tell you, this is an awesome car. When the car got almost 50 miles on it, the super charger kicked in and back in the seat we go. The ride and handling is great. I really hate to say this and I loved the hell out of my GT, this thing beats it hands down. I can't find anything negative to say about this car. I don't have pictures right now of the car because I am going out to clean it up from all the rain yesterday. I'll promise to post some pictures later today.

I want to thank ShelbyDude for all his help in trying to locate a car for me even though he came up empty. He has helped me along alot and I wanted to make sure that I thank him for that. I also want to thank Hermann Ford, my local dealer and Shelby Fest 07-08 host, for trying to get an 09 for me without commiting to the order.

Now I have to change my user name. Any suggestions guys? Sorry about the long story but I thought you would like a little background on my once dilema which is now over.

That's a cool story!Burnout when you leave,Hell yeah!Now what color did you get?If it was vapor,Nice choice!

Yep, it's a vapor....one of THE FASTEST colors. When these vapors pass someone, it vaporizes them. Oh hell, they are all fast.

I also need to thank CobraBoy (Kyle) for giving me that itch I got every year when Shelby Fest came to Hermann MO. Without that itch, I wouldn't have got the car.

Greg,

No thanks necessary.

Congrats my brother. Love the color combo and I will be expecting a ride.......

Your car will be a proud addition to the crowd at the next Shelbyfest.

CB

Greg,

No thanks necessary.

Congrats my brother. Love the color combo and I will be expecting a ride.......

Your car will be a proud addition to the crowd at the next Shelbyfest.

CB

I will definately be at Shelby Fest like I have been the last couple of years but this time as a participant rather than a drooler. Thanks for the compliments....

Archived