TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally bit the bullet

venom

Just got home with a new 2008 Coupe (Torch/ Wht Stripe)

Waited for 4 years for this one after I sold my '03. It was built on 2/14/08 so hopefully I avoided the bad transmissions?

I have to get an offroad-X and Catback on this thing. It needs to really growl. Stainless Works dealers, contact me ASAP!

Does anybody know if they make mil eliminators for our setup? I had a pair on my '03 so the rear 02s wouldn't throw codes. I don't want to flash a tune just to shut them off.

Now to clean the bugs off the front end. What a mess! Didn't think 170 miles would get so dirty but I guess it's time up here in Illinois

There is something in the air this weekend. Congrats on your new car. Nobody can go wrong with any color, they are all fast. You knwo the requirement and I already posted mine today. We need pictures.........

Congrats on this awesome machine,yes bug are hell cleaning even in south Louisiana.Take care and enjoy this awesome car. There are no bad colors :happy feet:

Congrats on the car, 4 years is a long time to wait.

michael morris

AMEN Michael. But I'm reallying enjoying this car now!

Hey LeeToyStang, where did you get the custom floor mats (hope they have black/red mats?) smoked headlight/marker/fog covers?

Waited for 4 years for this one after I sold my '03. It was built on 2/14/08 so hopefully I avoided the bad transmissions?

I have to get an offroad-X and Catback on this thing. It needs to really growl. Stainless Works dealers, contact me ASAP!

Does anybody know if they make mil eliminators for our setup? I had a pair on my '03 so the rear 02s wouldn't throw codes. I don't want to flash a tune just to shut them off.

Now to clean the bugs off the front end. What a mess! Didn't think 170 miles would get so dirty but I guess it's time up here in Illinois

You do not need the mil eliminators like the 03 Cobra needed. I know because I had an 03 Cobra too and changing the exhaust on the GT500 did not effect mine at all! Hope this helps.

You do not need the mil eliminators like the 03 Cobra needed. I know because I had an 03 Cobra too and changing the exhaust on the GT500 did not effect mine at all! Hope this helps.

But are you running Cats? If not I believe it will throw a check engine light (code) which will affect performance when running the X-Pipe w/o cats..

But are you running Cats? If not I believe it will throw a check engine light (code) which will affect performance when running the X-Pipe w/o cats..

Yes, I'm running Cats, however NOT stock Cats! Just for your info it will NOT make a difference without Cats or a good high performance Cats, however with no Cats in my opinion you are looking for trouble unless you are running the car at the track only NOT street. And yes it will affect check engine light code without Cats!

Congrats venom! :happy feet: Correct to assume you are from the Blue Oval boards? Me too. Loved the 03 Cobra but this car is so much more it is almost apples and oranges when talking about them. I am still pinching myself to be sure this is not a dream after lusting and saving for four years!

And don't listen to the rest :talkhand: red is the fastest color and the white stripes make it even faster! :happy feet:

venom,

Congrat's on your new car! It is well worth the wait! Trust me your gonna love it!! Where in Illinois are you? I'm in Saint Charles. Maybe I'll see ya on the road.

Mike

Ford Blue. Yep. I'm a member of BlueOval forums and Thanks. I do agree, this car is so different and so much better in so many regards. No disrespect to current TERMINATOR owners meant.

O1 Snake, I'm in Crystal Lake, not too far from St. Charles. Theres a gathering at Victor Ford in Wauconda in July sometime. Maybe we could meet up there sometime?

"Does anybody know if they make mil eliminators for our setup? I had a pair on my '03 so the rear 02s wouldn't throw codes. I don't want to flash a tune just to shut them off."

Can anyone help with my questions. I'm looking for som MIL ELIMINATORS. What are my options. Do I have to buy a tuner to shut the rear 02's off??

I AM NOT YOUR ANSWER MAN , BUT I DO KNOW WHO DOES HAVE YOUR ANSWER. CALL PAULS HIGHPERFORMANCE. GO TO WWW.PAULSHP.COM AND ASK FOR JEFF OR PAUL.

Archived