TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stripe removal

03snake

Anyone here remove the stripes off their car? Whats the best way to remove any glue residue? I'm not a big fan of the factory stripes and intend on having them painted on, especially since part of one stripe in the rear is starting to peel... I've tried a few products, but no real luck in removing the residue....

I just replaced the stripes on my rear bumper. I used a blowdryer to heat them up a little to get them off. They came right off probably took 3 to 5 minutes. There was very little glue left on the bumper. What was left I used alcohol and a microfiber cloth to get off. Just about everywhere I read and eveyone I spoke with said used alcohol to get the wax and any remaining glue residue off. I also wrote a detailed post on the GT-H Forum on how to replace the stripes if you need more info.

Good Luck choosing someone to paint on the stripes.

SVT / Stephen

Getting the stripes off was no problem. On the hood, under the drivers side stripe, there is a perfectly round circle of glue residue that I just cant remove for some reason. Acetone light or anything else doesn't life it. Claybar is useless, and seems to me like it would scratch....

Archived