TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My 07 Shelby GT caught a new Z06 on a road course today!

SGTCoop

I just finished my first day of a two-day Performance Driving school at Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC. It was a blast! :happy feet:

Even though the Z06 had about 185 more HP than me, I was able to stay right on his rear bumper in the turns. He blew me away on the straightaways (what a surprise :rant2:). We weren't allowed to pass unless we were given the "go around" signal. Needless to say, the guy in the vette refused to give me the signal. My instructor was pissed!

I'm not trying to brag on my driving skills....I'm definitely a rookie at this! The Shelby GT is awesome roadcourse car! I get four more track sessions tomorrow. Maybe I'll get another shot at the Z06!

I just finished my first day of a two-day Performance Driving school at Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC. It was a blast! :happy feet:

Even though the Z06 had about 185 more HP than me, I was able to stay right on his rear bumper in the turns. He blew me away on the straightaways (what a surprise :rant2:). We weren't allowed to pass unless we were given the "go around" signal. Needless to say, the guy in the vette refused to give me the signal. My instructor was pissed!

I'm not trying to brag on my driving skills....I'm definitely a rookie at this! The Shelby GT is awesome roadcourse car! I get four more track sessions tomorrow. Maybe I'll get another shot at the Z06!

185hp and about $40k more!!!!!

Way to go.

I recently took a buddy to lunch the other day. He has a 07 Vette, LS3, very nice. On an onramp, I was feeling the tires squeal in 3rd gear at around 75-80+. He said there was no way his Vette could do that. I told him, I could do a lot better if I didn't have the 240lbs in the passenger seat! :hysterical:

Dan

get a supercharger and then see if he can blow u away on the straightaways :spiteful:

get a supercharger and then see if he can blow u away on the straightaways :spiteful:

I really wanted to run my 06 GT vert with the Kenne Bell on it! It has 498 hp at the wheels. They wouldn't let me because it doesn't have a roll bar. It would have been nice to see if I could keep up with the Z06.

Maybe it was the driver. :hysterical3:

There is no doubt that the driver of the vette was a rookie! He got better on Sunday, and I let him pass me on the back straightaway. I got moved up from "D" class to "C" class for the last two track sessions on Sunday. I got to pass a track-prepped Miata and a C5 vette during the last session. Next year will be a blast! :shift:

I really wanted to run my 06 GT vert with the Kenne Bell on it! It has 498 hp at the wheels. They wouldn't let me because it doesn't have a roll bar. It would have been nice to see if I could keep up with the Z06.

There is no doubt that the driver of the vette was a rookie! He got better on Sunday, and I let him pass me on the back straightaway. I got moved up from "D" class to "C" class for the last two track sessions on Sunday. I got to pass a track-prepped Miata and a C5 vette during the last session. Next year will be a blast! :shift:

Was he able to keep up with you when you were in front?

I do a lot of track time in my 97 Bonerant car. I have a stock 97 281 4V and I smoke vettes all the time. That being said, the vette is a much more capable car. A good driver will blow me away. But, a lot of vette drivers are not very good. Now, Ill be adding power and changeing the suspention soon so, I wil inch that much clsoer to the good drivers. Sounds like you were a better driver than the Vette guy was

On Saturday, the Z06 left me in the dust on the straightaways and I caught him every time in the turns. He refused to give me the signal to pass! On Sunday, he started to hit his marks better in the turns. He got on my tail pretty quick, so I gave him the "wave around" on the back straightaway which was the right thing to do per the driving school rules. I am sure that if I had the Kenne Bell on the Shelby, he never would have had a chance to catch me!

Here's a few pics. Sorry for the quality. My wife took them and evidently doesn't know how to use the zoom! I had to blow them up to keep the cars from looking like specks! I got to take my 10-year-old son out in the convertible on Sunday during the Touring Laps with a pace car. We still got up to around 70mph on the straightaways. He had a blast, especially when he got to see a wreck in turn one. A guy blew out his brake line on his supercharged S197 and ran into another S197. He knocked the other guy off the track, but thankfully nobody got hurt!

DSC00398-1.jpg

DSC00397-1.jpg

DSC00418-1.jpg

Archived