TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How to identify a Shelby GT-C

Cali_KR

My brother in-law just bought a White Shelby GT, has the dash gauge pod.

Besides the Grabber cars, Were some cars were built specifically for California dealers, if so, what is the identifying criteria?

He's in process of joining Team Shelby, and when he brings the car over this weekend, I'll take and post the appropriate (req'd) pics!

BTW, its car #4778

Thanx

There were 200 black and white cars total for California that got the gauge pod was the only change. We have a list of all the vin's that had the gauge pod installed by us here at Shelby.

Amy

There were 200 black and white cars total for California that got the gauge pod was the only change. We have a list of all the vin's that had the gauge pod installed by us here at Shelby.

Amy

Sent PM with VIN#

Thanx

Sent PM with VIN#

Thanx

Hello all,

I just purchased a White 2007 CSM#5221 on Friday. It also came with the Gauge Pod, but on the Shelby sticker it reads:

On the top, 2007 Shelby GT-California

Under options, Shelby GT-California Package

Dash- Mounted Gauge Pod

*Fuel Pressure

*Oil Pressure

*Oil Temp

"Shelby GT-California" Door Sill Plates

The car does not have the "GT-C" Door Sill Plates. I am curious to know how your Shelby sticker reads.

Thanks,, Nick

Hello all,

I just purchased a White 2007 CSM#5221 on Friday. It also came with the Gauge Pod, but on the Shelby sticker it reads:

On the top, 2007 Shelby GT-California

Under options, Shelby GT-California Package

Dash- Mounted Gauge Pod

*Fuel Pressure

*Oil Pressure

*Oil Temp

"Shelby GT-California" Door Sill Plates

The car does not have the "GT-C" Door Sill Plates. I am curious to know how your Shelby sticker reads.

Thanks,, Nick

Hi Nick,

His does NOT have the GT-C sill plates, and unfortunately, there was NO Shelby window sticker, just the base Mustang one...

Hopefully someone at SAI will give us the info. Amy? Bud? hello...anyone...

Amy

I'm sure that I have one of these. Black, 5 spd and Shelby gauge housing. I have the window sticker that says Shelby GT California but no GT-C sill plates. I thought all Californias were Grabber Orange and there was a minor mistake on the window sticker. It would be cool to be 1 0f 200! :superhero:

Comments?

Dan

There were 200 2007 Shelby GTs that were sold in the Northern California region as a limited edition. As far as I remember the only change was the gauge pod. I don't know if they were even numbered sequentially. There was a commercial that you might be able to find on youtube. If I remember correctly we had a link on the Shelbyforum. Maybe its buried deep in this forum.

I would hope those with the limited edition Shelby GTs (Grabbers, BJs, Northern CA edition and /SC) would try to find out everything they can for the respective editions. We will be the registry experts in the future.

EDIT: Here is the commercial. If you have one, I would figure out a way to save it for the future.

My brother in-law just bought a White Shelby GT, has the dash gauge pod.

Besides the Grabber cars, Were some cars were built specifically for California dealers, if so, what is the identifying criteria?

He's in process of joining Team Shelby, and when he brings the car over this weekend, I'll take and post the appropriate (req'd) pics!

BTW, its car #4778

Thanx

Hello, hello, anyone at SAI.... I PM'd Amy with his vin....???? Any help would be appreciated.

Mine is one fo the Norcal ones, but the Shelby sticket does not say it is a cali version, but I do have the guage pod. I PM'd Amy to see how to determine if it is one.

Mark

If it has the gauge pod it is 1 of 200, Limited Edition 2007 "Nothern California" Shelby GT(s).

GT-C cars are 2008 "Southern California" Grabber Orange models w/o dash pods.

http://2008limitededitionshelbygtc.site.shutterfly.com/

I know you can download the GT-C Hero Cards... not sure about 2007 "Nothern California"

http://www.teamshelby.com/index.php?catego...;p13_fileid=164

• 1 month later...
If it has the gauge pod it is 1 of 200, Limited Edition 2007 "Nothern California" Shelby GT(s).

GT-C cars are 2008 "Southern California" Grabber Orange models w/o dash pods.

http://2008limitededitionshelbygtc.site.shutterfly.com/

I know you can download the GT-C Hero Cards... not sure about 2007 "Nothern California"

http://www.teamshelby.com/index.php?catego...;p13_fileid=164

How can I verify that?

Mine does have the guage pod but doesnt say on paperwork, sills etc?...

My Seriel # is 07SGT-4848 Black/Silver

So what prevents someone from just adding the guage pod and calling their 07 a limited edition GT-C?

It looks like we are going to get the door sill plates to go along with the 3 gauge pod. The car is regestered as a SGT-California.

Nick

So what prevents someone from just adding the guage pod and calling their 07 a limited edition GT-C?

Amy has stated in an earlier thread that SAI's records show the cars that qualify...

I think this is awesome that SAI is looking out for the "little" guys that own the SGT! :happy feet:

Dan

Hello, hello, anyone at SAI.... I PM'd Amy with his vin....???? Any help would be appreciated.

I am checking on it, thanks for the patience

Archived