TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BADA$$ GT 40

08SGT0004

I can't believe how dumb those people are. Geez, there are even some children standing next to that "road".

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Some of you may know me from the GT500 section. I want to thank you for this post, because I am filing a law suit regarding that car right now and need proof of Geiger misusing that car before selling. He sold it to one of my clients in the middle of this year, the engine only lasted for week and broke. Could anybody here help me with the info, which stock blower is on the car? When I have seen it for the after my client has bought it, there was a 3.4l Whipple on it, is that stock?

Ralf

I would have went to that but they said all the spots at the end in front of the Hummer were taken! It wasn't worth going if I couldn't get a straight on view! :hysterical:

If something would happen then it would be on the news......here or there. I was invited to go to some street racing here in the Milwaukee area with my coupe in August. I had checked it out a while back just to see what was up. People standing all around just like this video but many more. I declined.

Bandit, yes that is the stock supercharger, a Lysholm type unit. You can go to the Geiger website and get the full info. You also might try the fordgt.com. The Ford GT engine is relatively bullet proof, so to hear that one has failed is hard to believe. Axle bolts are another thing. Just exactly what happened?

Some of you may know me from the GT500 section. I want to thank you for this post, because I am filing a law suit regarding that car right now and need proof of Geiger misusing that car before selling. He sold it to one of my clients in the middle of this year, the engine only lasted for week and broke. Could anybody here help me with the info, which stock blower is on the car? When I have seen it for the after my client has bought it, there was a 3.4l Whipple on it, is that stock?

Ralf

Bandit, yes that is the stock supercharger, a Lysholm type unit. You can go to the Geiger website and get the full info. You also might try the fordgt.com. The Ford GT engine is relatively bullet proof, so to hear that one has failed is hard to believe. Axle bolts are another thing. Just exactly what happened?

One spark plug melted, Piston in that cylinder has a hole, thus the block is deeply damaged. Geiger is claiming now that it is not a warranty issue, saying the car was damaged during a dyno run and was overheated. You have to know that the damage happened two weeks after the dyno runs while the guy was on the autobahn with some media people, not even going fast. He just accelerated from 60mph up to 120mph thats it. The owner is an experienced driver and knows how to handle cars like that. He owns a Saleen, a Gumpert Apollo, some Ferraris and will receive the new Koenigsegg next spring.

I could not imagine that a damage like that occurs at a dyno run where the car did not even hit the rev limiter. It was on a cold day and a cooling fan was there, directed to the intakes. I am of the opinion, that a damage like that, if the dyno run was the cause, would have happened directly at the dyno run and not after another 1000miles. To me it looks like the car leaned out, went too hot in one cylinder and that was it. This has nothing to do with a dyno run two weeks earlier.

Ralf

Bandit, I suggest you contact the GTGuys in the USA. They are THE experts on the car in every aspect. GT owners are a very tight knit group in the USA. Once again, I recommend visiting fordgt.com. There are a very limited number of vendors allowed to advertise, and they are all experts on the car.

One spark plug melted, Piston in that cylinder has a hole, thus the block is deeply damaged. Geiger is claiming now that it is not a warranty issue, saying the car was damaged during a dyno run and was overheated. You have to know that the damage happened two weeks after the dyno runs while the guy was on the autobahn with some media people, not even going fast. He just accelerated from 60mph up to 120mph thats it. The owner is an experienced driver and knows how to handle cars like that. He owns a Saleen, a Gumpert Apollo, some Ferraris and will receive the new Koenigsegg next spring.

I could not imagine that a damage like that occurs at a dyno run where the car did not even hit the rev limiter. It was on a cold day and a cooling fan was there, directed to the intakes. I am of the opinion, that a damage like that, if the dyno run was the cause, would have happened directly at the dyno run and not after another 1000miles. To me it looks like the car leaned out, went too hot in one cylinder and that was it. This has nothing to do with a dyno run two weeks earlier.

Ralf

Archived