TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My 2007 Shelby GT with his Older Brother

bill0754

Just thought I would post a few shots of my two ponys together. You all know the 2007, so let me introduce my 1970 Mach. It just turned 30,000 original miles. It sports a 351C with a 4 speed. At least the Shelby won't be alone in the garage at night!!

Very nice! How long have you owned the '70?

I've got a '73 Mach 1 351C factory ram air. Unfortunately it is an automatic.

Very nice! How long have you owned the '70?

I've got a '73 Mach 1 351C factory ram air. Unfortunately it is an automatic.

I've had the '70 a little over 2 years now. Been slowly detailing her. She had only 26,700 when I purchased her from the 2nd owner in SC. How long have you had the '73?

I have had my '73 since 1974, 32 years! She was my first car. I bought with 8K miles and now has 56K.

Wow!! That's great! I had a 1970 Mach with the 428SCJ in high school...way back in 1975. I paid $1,275 back then for it. I think it had around 20,000 miles on it then. I always wanted another and came across this one a couple of years ago. Since it was in great shape, and the white/white color scheme was unique I couldn't resist This time, I paid $25,000!! But it's only going up in value each year.

Wow!! That's great! I had a 1970 Mach with the 428SCJ in high school...way back in 1975. I paid $1,275 back then for it. I think it had around 20,000 miles on it then. I always wanted another and came across this one a couple of years ago. Since it was in great shape, and the white/white color scheme was unique I couldn't resist This time, I paid $25,000!! But it's only going up in value each year.

As I recall I paid about $3200 for the car in high school. The '71-'73 model year is not as popular as the earlier Mustangs. My guess is mine is worth maybe $10-15K today. Of course I don't own her as an investment, just sentimental at this point.

At $25K for yours I'd say you got a good deal especially with those low miles!

As I recall I paid about $3200 for the car in high school. The '71-'73 model year is not as popular as the earlier Mustangs. My guess is mine is worth maybe $10-15K today. Of course I don't own her as an investment, just sentimental at this point.

At $25K for yours I'd say you got a good deal especially with those low miles!

It's a fun car and a great investment. The last appraisal was over $40K. But I have no intentions of letting her go. The Shelby may be faster, but the 1970 is irreplaceable

That's a fantastic stable!

I'm still trying to convince my wife I need two toys in the garage :D

Two! Im shooting for 5! :hysterical: If the damn 500 ever gets here :sos: , I will have 4 and I'm trying to convince my wife 5 is an even number! I still have a lot of convincing to do :wacko:

• 4 months later...

Just thought I would post a few shots of my two ponys together. You all know the 2007, so let me introduce my 1970 Mach. It just turned 30,000 original miles. It sports a 351C with a 4 speed. At least the Shelby won't be alone in the garage at night!!

Same as my stable. 70 Mach 1 351c 4v, 4 spd, original shaker, rear spoiler. metalic lime green. 1 repaint on original metal. many more miles, but in great condition. It is a fun driver, but it won't see much road time now that I got my GO 'vert.

Same as my stable. 70 Mach 1 351c 4v, 4 spd, original shaker, rear spoiler. metalic lime green. 1 repaint on original metal. many more miles, but in great condition. It is a fun driver, but it won't see much road time now that I got my GO 'vert.

I know what you mean....mine has not seen much action since the Shelby arrived!! Just bought a '07 Lincoln MKX to add to the mix.

Archived