TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Viper

With Roush and Saleen expanding into GM and Chrysler, could there be a possible Shelby Viper in the works to compete with the ZR-1?

Well since the Viper is a Chrysler product and Shelby has an exclusive contract with Ford I'd say no.

Although back in 1995-96 an east coast Dodge dealer did license the Shelby name and produced less than 50 Shelby Vipers. Mainly cosmetic changes.

Steve

I'm pretty sure that's what the Super Snakes are being built for. I remember reading something about Shelby wanting to build a Mustang that can compete with anything on the road.

the SS may have more hp but it has allot more weight plus the ZR-1 has better suspension. Sure would be nice to see them on a track

• 2 weeks later...
With Roush and Saleen expanding into GM and Chrysler, could there be a possible Shelby Viper in the works to compete with the ZR-1?

there has already been a Shelby Viper and on a side note Shelby was part of team Viper when they built the car in the first place. Still even today the Viper is very mild and needs no supercharger to hit over 600 HP. When they first came out with the V10 in the early 90s it made about 650 ft lbs of torque. From day one they have been trying to restrict the engine enough to let the 6 speeds live longer. As it stands Chevy and Ford both produce supercharged V8s to keep up and there is a lot left in the V10. For Viper to just destroy everything the car just needs AWD and call it good, and what a wet dream that would be. :redcard:

Archived