TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 500 Wheels

I have a set of the black ones for track purposes in transit. I should have them on my car next weekend. I'll post pictures.

My goal this week is to find out if the SVT cap can be replaced by Tribar pony or Ford Racing center caps. I am leaning toward the ponies but I go back and forth.

I have a set of the black ones for track purposes in transit. I should have them on my car next weekend. I'll post pictures.

My goal this week is to find out if the SVT cap can be replaced by Tribar pony or Ford Racing center caps. I am leaning toward the ponies but I go back and forth.

Your bear extreme brake kit fits on your GT500 wheel?

You can download the Ford Racing Performance Parts catalog from the ford racing website. There is a chart on page 63 that shows which caps fit those wheels... Both the tribar and the FR caps fit.

Your bear extreme brake kit fits on your GT500 wheel?

Anything fits under the GT 500 wheels. I have AP Racing brakes, which are as big as they get, for my SGT and I bought a set of GT 500 wheels specifically to fit over them.

Jim

You can download the Ford Racing Performance Parts catalog from the ford racing website. There is a chart on page 63 that shows which caps fit those wheels... Both the tribar and the FR caps fit.

I just came back from a FRPP dealer. There were three additional caps that fit. Tiffany Cobra, "R" Cobra design and the "Ford Racing" cap. I would have ordered the "Ford Racing" cap if they werent $60 per wheel. Since the wheels are primarily for track purposes I'll just take the center caps off anyways (technically supposed) until another option presents itself. Maybe a Terlingua cap from Shelby?!? That would be cool.

Anything fits under the GT 500 wheels. I have AP Racing brakes, which are as big as they get, for my SGT and I bought a set of GT 500 wheels specifically to fit over them.

Jim

Do you have a picture of your car? I never seen an SGT with GT500 wheels. If you have time, you can send it to my email at lawrence.legaspi@gmail.com

thanks.

Do you have a picture of your car? I never seen an SGT with GT500 wheels. If you have time, you can send it to my email at lawrence.legaspi@gmail.com

thanks.

Here is a pic from 07-2937's gallery of his White 07 SGT with GT500 Wheels...This is definately the way I want to go on my 08 SGT...It Stays FORD too!!!

post-19184-1212098919.jpg

post-19184-1212098919.jpg

I just came back from a FRPP dealer. There were three additional caps that fit. Tiffany Cobra, "R" Cobra design and the "Ford Racing" cap. I would have ordered the "Ford Racing" cap if they werent $60 per wheel. Since the wheels are primarily for track purposes I'll just take the center caps off anyways (technically supposed) until another option presents itself. Maybe a Terlingua cap from Shelby?!? That would be cool.

That's a rip off. The FRPP catalog says $28 each MSRP. Check with Summit Racing - they'll give you a better price. I ordered all 4 GT-500 wheels from Summit for $1028 including tax and delivery.

thanks.

I do not have my car (see my signature). I will post as soon as I have the car back. I know there was at least one such car at the January 2008 Birthday Bash.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...
Did anyone that got their new GT500 wheels in take a picture with them on their SGT yet?

Not yet...mine are supposed to be here this weekend or the first of next week, but I'll be out of town on business for two weeks, so it'll be a few weeks before I can get mine mounted up...I'll be sure to post pics as soon as I have them on the car...stay tuned!!!

everybody is just lazy :)

not everybody just my fliping retailer! :banghead::angry22::finger:

They couldn't think to order my tires while the wheels were in transit so I have to wait until between 10 and 11 today for the tire truck to arrive. At which point I'll be doing "Honey Dos" :banghead:

Archived