TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BAD Stripe Job or normal????

Kingio

Below are pictures of my new Shelby GT500 (5 days old now). Now that I have seen it in better lights than the showroom floor, the stripe job does not look all that great. Is this how the stripes look or did they just do a bad job on some of the stripping? The First picture is of roof stripe edges. The second is of the decklid stripes (hood looks more like decklid with a few noticeble edges. Is that just the way vinyl stripping is going to look when viewed closely or did they just do a bad job.

post-20795-1212001022.jpg

post-20795-1212001035.jpg

Welcome to the forum. I cant see anything in the second pic. The first looks like the edges are ROUGH? Ford will warranty the stripes. Take it back to the dealer and let them take pictures and send to Ford. I have had only 2 stripe problems on all the car we have had. Both on red striped cars. First one had a wrinkle on the drivers door and the second wasnt a problem after we looked at it closer.

michael morris

Sorry, should have described my pictures better. I was trying to compare the roof stripe edges to the decklid ones. The decklid ones look fine to me but the roof ones looks like they were cut bad. Just trying to find out if this is normal or something I should have the dealership look at.

Hrmm, I have a vapor/black as well, I will go look at my stripes. I did notice that mine have a lot of really bad imperfections in them, like roughness and texture that is very uneven, though the color is fine save for some stupid water spots that won't come off!

My GT500 wasn't ordered with stripes so I had the local dealer order the OEM stripes. The local dealer didn't want to install them so I took the car to a professional to have them installed. The only problem he had was the hood stripes. He said he never seen material so thick before and had a real problem around the air vents on the hood. He could not get them to lay down without heating them. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a better way to install them. They now cracked and need to be replaced.

Your cars must have gone down the line as the guy was about to go on break. Mine are as smooth as can be. I'd make the dealer replace them.

Agreed. The white ones that came on the car were so smooth they looked virtually painted on.

I had them removed and replaced with red stripes and they look really smooth too. The customizer that put them on did not mention anything about needing any extra effort to get them down around the vents in the hood or anyplace else.

Make use of the warranty and say it is just not right. However, I would be surprised if your average dealer would have the skills to put the stripes down the best they can be. You might, let's hope not but you might, have to be really pushy about it. But since the SVT seriously cares about their stuff, eventually calling them into the loop (assuming you have to go that far) should get you LOTS of the right kind of attention, and the OK to have a qualified shop do the re-striping

Archived