TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone Interested in My GT500 Vert

Franks07

Hi all:

I am located in Canada and my GT500 has been ordered and should be at the dealer any day. I am just fed up with the dealer.

First it was the dealer premium of $5000 canadian on top of the unfair exchange rate on the US$ MSRP.

You American's pay $42975 Coupe and $47800 Vert

The Canadian Premium MSRP is $56099 CDN (premium is 17.2% while exchange is presently 1.10-1.11)

So the dealer wants $61099 CDN plus our insane sales taxes.

It is Shelby GT500 Vert Alloy Clearcoat metallic with any extras available (Canada Model came with all US upgrades such as interior) including the Shaker 1000. However they were back ordered on the shaker 1000 and the dealer told me it would take up the whole trunk area so I said build the car with the Shaker 500.

So let me know if any of you guys want this car and what you are willing to pay for it above the price I said above.

(Out of state or province purchaser will get back sales tax(es))

Thanks

Frank07

Hi all:

I am located in Canada and my GT500 has been ordered and should be at the dealer any day. I am just fed up with the dealer.

First it was the dealer premium of $5000 canadian on top of the unfair exchange rate on the US$ MSRP.

You American's pay $42975 Coupe and $47800 Vert

The Canadian Premium MSRP is $56099 CDN (premium is 17.2% while exchange is presently 1.10-1.11)

So the dealer wants $61099 CDN plus our insane sales taxes.

It is Shelby GT500 Vert Alloy Clearcoat metallic with any extras available (Canada Model came with all US upgrades such as interior) including the Shaker 1000. However they were back ordered on the shaker 1000 and the dealer told me it would take up the whole trunk area so I said build the car with the Shaker 500.

So let me know if any of you guys want this car and what you are willing to pay for it above the price I said above.

Thanks

Frank07

You haven't taken delivery...you aren't planning to buy it...but you want offers above the price you were quoted? Man, you should have put your flame suit on.

Should have listed on EBAY with the another people trying to screw everyone! :rant:

The difference is I am not a dealer who is capitalizing on his allotment.

I still may list it on ebay. I will probably still take it. I just don't want my dealer who is screwing me and power posturing "well if you don't like it we can give you back your deposit" crap.

I have an agreement that clearly says "MSRP to be determined", as well as the salesman word I would pay "MSRP not a penny more or less". I am already paying a premium of $4500 CDN over the US because of exchange BS.

Also they will not let me pay with Visa for Airmiles. Max $2000 on Visa they say and I was hoping to get a free flight out the deal (Pay $25-30k on Visa). I know this is the policy of lots of companies who sell wholesale or big ticket items like cars/bikes/boats, even though it is in violation of the Visa Merchant agreement.

If I let the car go back to the dealer, the next smuck on their waiting list will probably pay an extra $10-15k. Why should the dealer get to pocket that? They have had my $2000 deposit since March 2005!!!

Guys I am not trying to screw anyone. I have just lost my stomach for dealing with crooks that are rewarded by President Award status from Gangsters who are themselves at Ford Canada/USA sitting around tolerating these ponzies!

Frank07 :rant:

Hello, what color side stripes and where?

Stripes are Tungsten. I'm in Ontario, where are you?

I don't think it is worth it for Americans unless you are close (US North East) and don't mind a whole lot of extra BS.

Frank07

If you were offering it up for what you were being charged, then I could see your point - but you are asking for offers above that.

I have a feeling that if you try to have someone else purchase it from the dealer, they arent going to allow it, and will just sell it to the next guy.

If you were offering it up for what you were being charged, then I could see your point - but you are asking for offers above that.

I have a feeling that if you try to have someone else purchase it from the dealer, they arent going to allow it, and will just sell it to the next guy.

Your reading comprehension sucks. It is my car, and I will buy it. If someone is willing to take it from my hands for an additional premium I will consider it. Your feelings about the dealer aside.

Perhaps there are die hard collectors who have sufficiently reemed Aholes that won't mind driving in this car and promoting Ford and it's goon dealers. (Sorry Carroll)

My wife needs a new SUV in the fall, and I will be trading in my 2004 Lincoln LS Ultimate soon as well. I will not be stepping near a Ford/Lincoln dealer if my life depended on it.

You see greed while my position is principle. You haven't even offered me $10 to see if that is what I will take.

I gotta agree here. If you were only trying to get the amount you have in it, we would be a little more sympathetic.

Your reading comprehension sucks. It is my car, and I will buy it. If someone is willing to take it from my hands for an additional premium I will consider it. Your feelings about the dealer aside.

Perhaps there are die hard collectors who have sufficiently reemed Aholes that won't mind driving in this car and promoting Ford and it's goon dealers. (Sorry Carroll)

My wife needs a new SUV in the fall, and I will be trading in my 2004 Lincoln LS Ultimate soon as well. I will not be stepping near a Ford/Lincoln dealer if my life depended on it.

You see greed while my position is principle. You haven't even offered me $10 to see if that is what I will take.

Real nice. My reading comprehension sucks? How else should I have read it? Perhaps your writing skills could use a little polishing there, Einstein. You said the car wasn't at the dealer...you said that the dealer has your DEPOSIT. This does NOT constitute owning a car, smart guy.

I hope the dealer snuffs your ass and sells it to someone else. Have a nice day <- read between the lines on that one. :bandance:

Am I understanding that you would consider MSRP + $10.00 fee or something reasonable?

Or are you talking about adding your fee on top of the amount that you got screwed?

If you didn't have your flame suit on at the beginning of this thread, you definately need to put it on now.

I'm confused, my Canadian brother.

Why did you sign for this deal if you knew about the $5k ADM?

And - you talk about your sales tax like you were unaware of it going in.

I don't "hear" any wrong doings by your dealer.

It "sounds" like you've simply changed your mind about the car and are looking to make a few bucks.

While I wouldn't pay 5 large over - many folks are - and much more, apparently.

Why not simply get your deposit back and move on? Like I did.

Okay - resume the attack! :hysterical:

Guest evilchris

Ok I am going to be the 1st to offer an ADM. I have debated this for quite some time, and am putting 32 cents on the table over MSRP for this vehicle. I challenge someone to outbid me.

Thanks

Frank07

Umm unless you transfer the sale agreement to someone else (pre-sale), you will have to pay the sales tax to take possession of the car (final price $69600CAD with sales tax, or a little over $63000USD, not including guzzler, air tax, shipping etc). I doubt very much the dealer will let you transfer the purchase agreement to someone else.

Also, why do you come here to be rude to everyone? We all sympathize about having a dealer stiff you with ADM (I just walked away from my Shelby too over an ADM) but to ask for a profit on your car after trashing the dealer...

This guy's great! No one should pay a premium for your pain and suffering. Regarding Ford dealers - you knew better...

I am not the smartest guy in the world, but I see a "I told you so" coming. This is exactly why I held out on the "Terminator" - the dealers. Same song, 2nd verse - I REALLY wanted an 03, but wouldn't swallow the mark-up (ADM - acronym makes me cringe), and by the time the 04 10th Anniv. model showed up at my friendly (ahem) neighborhood Ford dealer, it was "we'll give you X-plan, and give you the - $500 rebate as well." I bought the 01 ROUSH 3 instead w/ 7900 miles for 5k less. It's the SAME HYPE HERE! Supercharged SVT Cobra with a ton of aftermarket potential.

I'm off to the "Sandbox" or "W's Lil' Experiment" in a few months, and I'm hoping the the 08's will be the same way when I return 12-14 months from now. Only difference between this scenario? The name Shelby all over the 2007 SVT Cobra. Lets face it, the Shelby name has brought some folks out of the woodwork to buy this car; folks who wouldn't care about the next-gen SVT Cobra.

My $.02

Guest evilchris

Lets face it, the Shelby name has brought some folks out of the woodwork to buy this car; folks who wouldn't care about the next-gen SVT Cobra.

My $.02

I'd say 90% of the buyers on this site meet that description.

Umm unless you transfer the sale agreement to someone else (pre-sale), you will have to pay the sales tax to take possession of the car (final price $69600CAD with sales tax, or a little over $63000USD, not including guzzler, air tax, shipping etc). I doubt very much the dealer will let you transfer the purchase agreement to someone else.

First of all that is not true, at least not here. Ontario will refund the sales tax if the vehicle is exported or moved to another province within 30 days. The federal government will do the same and I believe it is 90 days or 6 months for that.

I hope I am not being rude when I say this, but if you are thinking of buying it off me and sticking around Ontario past the 30 days that would be good for our economy but pretty stupid.

Also, why do you come here to be rude to everyone? We all sympathize about having a dealer stiff you with ADM (I just walked away from my Shelby too over an ADM) but to ask for a profit on your car after trashing the dealer...

I don't see it as rude what I said above considering the tone of what was directed at me, but you are welcome to your opinion. This is not a case of buyer remorse as was suggested above. I have a sales agreement that says "MSRP to be determined" as well as two verbal confirmations in front of witnesses that when Ford announced the MSRP that is what I would pay.

The response is "sue us". But the Admin fee was mailed to me in a letter 2 weeks after I visited my salesman to confirm. I would have walked then and there. It was addressed from the Sales Manager who I never met.

I signed the final agreement with the $5000 because my lawyer said I would get it all back in small claims because I had an original agreement. Also I put "under duress" on the final sales agreement beside the admin fee in light of that fact.

But I think you are right about walking away. My business has a fleet of GMC mini vans and a few of my guys have Company GMC points rewards card (another car business scam, but it has saved me some bucks on new trucks) I have a great car man to deal with on the GM side, and with the Camaro's coming down the pike, maybe that is where my bucks should go.

With my fleet discount and this guy is always trying to sell me a Caddy, I just might give him one of those, a Camaro and something for the wife!!

Cheers

Frank07

First of all that is not true, at least not here. Ontario will refund the sales tax if the vehicle is exported or moved to another province within 30 days. The federal government will do the same and I believe it is 90 days or 6 months for that.

I hope I am not being rude when I say this, but if you are thinking of buying it off me and sticking around Ontario past the 30 days that would be good for our economy but pretty stupid.

I don't see it as rude what I said above considering the tone of what was directed at me, but you are welcome to your opinion. This is not a case of buyer remorse as was suggested above. I have a sales agreement that says "MSRP to be determined" as well as two verbal confirmations in front of witnesses that when Ford announced the MSRP that is what I would pay.

The response is "sue us". But the Admin fee was mailed to me in a letter 2 weeks after I visited my salesman to confirm. I would have walked then and there. It was addressed from the Sales Manager who I never met.

I signed the final agreement with the $5000 because my lawyer said I would get it all back in small claims because I had an original agreement. Also I put "under duress" on the final sales agreement beside the admin fee in light of that fact.

But I think you are right about walking away. My business has a fleet of GMC mini vans and a few of my guys have Company GMC points rewards card (another car business scam, but it has saved me some bucks on new trucks) I have a great car man to deal with on the GM side, and with the Camaro's coming down the pike, maybe that is where my bucks should go.

With my fleet discount and this guy is always trying to sell me a Caddy, I just might give him one of those, a Camaro and something for the wife!!

Cheers

Frank07

Oh no, we're loosing him to the dark side. Use the force.

I gotta agree here. If you were only trying to get the amount you have in it, we would be a little more sympathetic.

I disagree. If through my own efforts I was to broker a deal, pay out $70k and then transfer the car to someone else who appreciated having a Shelby, why shouldn't I get compensated in some way? I had the foresight to place the order in the first place, which was number one at the dealer I might add.

Who is the clown who said I should sell the car for MSRP and lose $5k? It is thinking like that which is crippling your great country buddy. Were you in the accounting dept at Enron by chance?

The point I was making is that now if I was to walk away from the purchase, the dealer will sell it to the next guy on the list with the premium (which he will know about in advance) and it will likely be even higher than 5k. (By the way, you guys know that all the Canuck SVT dealers got an allotment of 14-16 cars depending on their status?) So I offered you guys an opportunity to get in line ahead of Mr 17 from Canada and repatriate a car to the USA

Cheers

Frank75

PS. 01ROUSH3GT be safe on your tour...eh?

Not sure I understand.....

you feel like you are being "screwed" by having to pay ADM, tax etc.....

your response is to try to turn around and sell it for MORE to someone willing to pay? and you pocket the difference?

are you sure you are the screwee and not the screwer my Canadian brother?

:shrug:

Shelby name (much as I love him) doesn't add $.01 for me. I like the car. If it was an '07 SVT that'd be fine with me. I'll wait till the proce comes down to $500 over invoice -- whenever that is. And if something (like a sweet NA Boss) comes along, that could do it ;-)

Maybe it's not 90/88%, maybe it's 2% -- I think you have this site confused Kindergarten Unleashed <lol>

I don't see a lot of name drool in here but I could be wrong?

I'm confused, my Canadian brother.

You are because I said one post down from the top:

"I have an agreement that clearly says "MSRP to be determined", as well as the salesman word I would pay "MSRP not a penny more or less". I am already paying a premium of $4500 CDN over the US because of exchange BS.

On top of that when I heard all of the whining on the internet I went down to see the salesman again, told him what other dealers are doing, and he assured me that their dealer doesn't do that!

Why did you sign for this deal if you knew about the $5k ADM?

And - you talk about your sales tax like you were unaware of it going in.

I explained this elsewhere and above. I didn't know of the premium even though I was specific to ask when I wrote up the deal and then over a year later when I heard it was going on in the US.

The sales tax I knew about going in of course. That is not the kicker. The problem is that the car started out to be a super car that could be had for around $40k-50K US. Take the mean average and an exchange included price is $49500 CDN tax is $6900. Give it the inflated import pricing and add the $5 and the tax situation becomes $9000! That's $2000 to the government for what?

For Americans it may not seem much since your deficit is so big you want to pay off as much as possible, but with our governments surplus it seems a waste to give them a chunk of change like that.

Then I have to insure and feed the puppy. But the insurer bases their risk on the cost to replace nearly double what it started out to be.

If the car was going to be priced like the Saleen's then Ford could have come out and said it. But the pricing is only secondary. We pay anything for what we want. It is the dealers lack of integrity. Thus the offer to you guys.

Frank07

Who is the clown who said I should sell the car for MSRP and lose $5k? It is thinking like that which is crippling your great country buddy. Were you in the accounting dept at Enron by chance?

What a joke. Crippling our great country? I'm sorry to be the one to just come out and say it (while everyone, including me has been pretty tolerant and sociable) but, you are an ass hole. Go buy your Camaro buddy - I'm sure GM dealers will "bend over" much further to help get you a great price.

Sorry guys - I know I'm new here (been lurking for a few months) - so I'll stop stirring the pot.

I'm out.

Jeff

Archived