TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Newbie Question?

Mustang_Scotty

Hello everyone. I'm new to the Shelby scene but not the Mustang scene. I have owned 8 Stangs including the 06. I currently have a 93 Cobra and a 93 Vert for sale to get a Shelby. I need opinions. My first thought was to get the GT500. But after talking to a member here I'm also thinking of a Shelby GT Convertible. I would love to hear your opinion on each to help me make my decision. I love the limited status of the GT but the HP of the GT500. HELP! :shrug:

post-20835-1211941177.jpg

post-20835-1211941177.jpg

Opinions will very greatly. If (for you) horsepower is the only advantage of the GT500, consider a Shelby GT with a supercharger. The three common supercharger options (Paxton, Whipple, Kenne Bell) will all produce the 500HP of the GT500. Of course, the GT500 can easily go above 500 HP with minor mods.

I love the limited status of the GT but the HP of the GT500. HELP!

Nice cars. I owned a '93 as well. I also was torn between the GT and the GT500. I finally settled (if you can use that word in reference to a Shelby!) on the GT500. The horsepower was the deciding factor for me. I didn't want to go the aftermarket route of trying to raise the 4.6 output. I don't know how long it will stay together with those mods. I don't believe it was ever intended to put out anywhere near 500 horsepower. My GT500 is a daily driver and sometimes I wonder if the GT would of been a better choice. The traffic in Northern NJ doesn't normally give you a chance to use 500 hsp. In fact most of the time, 100 hsp would be fine. The GT handles better and gets better fuel economy. Not that anybody buying either one of these cars would be concerned with that. I apologize for being long winded, I think everybody will agree that you can't go wrong with either one.

I think to me it's not about the speed. I want exclustivity. What's more rare, looks better. I love the stripes on the Shelby. Also the convertible. But love the looks of the GT500 nose and the power it demands in the streets. But I guess the GT vert has the best of both worlds.

If exclusivity is high on your list I would select one of the Hertz cars. I think they have great styling, but they are hard to find and will be harder to find in the future.

Hello everyone. I'm new to the Shelby scene but not the Mustang scene. I have owned 8 Stangs including the 06. I currently have a 93 Cobra and a 93 Vert for sale to get a Shelby. I need opinions. My first thought was to get the GT500. But after talking to a member here I'm also thinking of a Shelby GT Convertible. I would love to hear your opinion on each to help me make my decision. I love the limited status of the GT but the HP of the GT500. HELP! :shrug:

The Shelby GT convertible?

It's only the most amazing car in the world but I am biased :)

- it's a convertible with stripes

- it comes with the light bar

- it's available with automatic (if you can still find one)

- can be had for under MSRP, even under invoice

- upgraded at SAI, Las Vegas, NV

- superb handling and weight distribution

Welcome and good luck with your decision. If you decide on the SGT Vert, you won't regret it.

Opinions will very greatly. If (for you) horsepower is the only advantage of the GT500, consider a Shelby GT with a supercharger. The three common supercharger options (Paxton, Whipple, Kenne Bell) will all produce the 500HP of the GT500. Of course, the GT500 can easily go above 500 HP with minor mods.

\]

that car is bad ass . I am currently building an CS6. of course it is not an true SHELBY.

scrapp

that car is bad ass . I am currently building an CS6. of course it is not an true SHELBY.

scrapp

First, Thank You.

Second, a 'not a true Shelby" CS8 was the only car to beat me at shows last year. IMO, if all the basic pieces are used they are real as anything else.

Archived