TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Road Trip

Crucible

It's been awhile since I've posted anything here, but I have to tell you about my road trip.

On Friday, May 16th, I took off out of Tulsa, OK headed for Pittsburgh. PA. Usually I fly, however, I figured getting #0360 out on the open road would be fun.

At 1,015 miles, I made it in 14 hours averaging 75 MPH which includes pit stops. What was suprising was the gas milage. I must have had a nice tail wide because I got 25.9 MPG going up and 24.8 coming back.

I got stopped on the beltway going around Columbus, OH doing 90 in a 65. But the Cop only gave me a warning because he loves Mustangs and mine was the first Shelby GT he got to pull over.

Now the bad part.

Some a**hole didn't like the fact that I had a nice car and he didn't and so he keyed the entire driver side. After calming the bloodlust, I took it in and the repair shop did a tremendous job.

Hope to see you all here in Tulsa for the Ford Performance and Shelby Classic Meet. The invitation for the Friday night barbeque is still open.

The gas mileage on these cars are surprising. And to think we had to pay an extra grand for gas guzzler tax.

Freaking aholes. I can't believe someone keyed your car. That is always a concern especially on the rare occasion we have to take it to Wal-Mart. One of us always stands guard....

Glad you had a good trip,Kudos on ticket avoidance!Sorry about the douchebag that keyed your car.If you should find out by chance I'm sure the Mafia would help you out.You know what I mean!

That's why i am going to Dallas this saturday for Q.P. open house and leaving my shelby home. I wouldn't sleep knowing my car was in the parking lot at some hotel with some thug trashing my car. Glad you had know more damage than that. If someone did a lot of damage to my car then i would look at it as being wrecked and would be ready to sell. Glad it was repaired to your satisfaction.

Archived