TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kelly Blue Book doesn't list Shelby GT

tekheavy

You ever notice how Kelly Blue Book (kbb.com) doesn't have the 2007 Shelby GT in their User Cars Value section, just the regular Mustang GT and the Shelby GT500. On the other hand, NADA.com DOES have the Shelby GT listed. Guess we gotta hope that dealerships use NADA to get used car prices rather than KBB or they'll try to quote a trade-in price for a standard Mustang GT.

They will take the standard GT value then add for the Shelby package based on what that package cost.

So the package cost $7,390 then they will add a value based on a percentage of that cost.

No different than Roush or Saleen

Ahhh. I was wondering how that worked. So trade-in price + $7350 for a reputable dealership trade?

Ahhh. I was wondering how that worked. So trade-in price + $7350 for a reputable dealership trade?

No, trade in + a percentage of the $7,390

That $7,390 depreciates just like the car itself does. Actually the conversion part depreciates more than the car does.

So it might be trade in + $3k - $4k for the conversion part.

Right now would be the worst time to even consider trading. With new cars still sitting and dealers not being able to give them away just how much do you think a used one would bring?

In the future this may change once all the new cars have been sold and assuming these become more desireable in the future.

No, trade in + a percentage of the $7,390

That $7,390 depreciates just like the car itself does. Actually the conversion part depreciates more than the car does.

So it might be trade in + $3k - $4k for the conversion part.

Right now would be the worst time to even consider trading. With new cars still sitting and dealers not being able to give them away just how much do you think a used one would bring?

In the future this may change once all the new cars have been sold and assuming these become more desireable in the future.

Oh, ok. Believe me I'm not trading. My SGT gets better gas mileage than my Hyundai Sonata!

I parked my thirsty 08 Titan since gas is almost at $4 here but I have a 1974 Jeep J10 coming this weekend. What the heck is wrong with me????? :hysterical:

Oh, ok. Believe me I'm not trading. My SGT gets better gas mileage than my Hyundai Sonata!

I parked my thirsty 08 Titan since gas is almost at $4 here but I have a 1974 Jeep J10 coming this weekend. What the heck is wrong with me????? :hysterical:

Thats funny Stump we parked our Titan too :hysterical:

You ever notice how Kelly Blue Book (kbb.com) doesn't have the 2007 Shelby GT in their User Cars Value section, just the regular Mustang GT and the Shelby GT500. On the other hand, NADA.com DOES have the Shelby GT listed. Guess we gotta hope that dealerships use NADA to get used car prices rather than KBB or they'll try to quote a trade-in price for a standard Mustang GT.

I believe Edmunds (www.Edmunds.com) has SGT pricing on it. Might want to check NADA also (www.Nada.com).

Page

Yeah, NADA has pricing and they are WAY off the money.

See if NADA will buy one for that?

They show $31,825 for used one with 5,000 miles

So how is anyone going to get that for trade in value when dealers are offering brand new ones for $29,999????

NADA is about $6k - $7k off the money on these. You couldn't sell it retail for what they show trade in at!

They show USED retail at $35,525 LOL

No different than KBB showing used retail at $60k for a GT500. LOL

Goes to show how rare the car is. It is also misunderstood by many people, dealers included. I can't tell you how many people have called it a Shelby GT 350 (Ford dealers included) and even a Shelby Cobra by an Overseas Military Car Sales (OMCS) Rep.

My favorite is the dealers that call it the "Baby Shelby" :hysterical:

Goes to show how rare the car is. It is also misunderstood by many people, dealers included. I can't tell you how many people have called it a Shelby GT 350 (Ford dealers included)

That's not caused by rarity. It's caused by ignorance. :lol:

Yeah, NADA has pricing and they are WAY off the money.

See if NADA will buy one for that?

They show $31,825 for used one with 5,000 miles

So how is anyone going to get that for trade in value when dealers are offering brand new ones for $29,999????

NADA is about $6k - $7k off the money on these. You couldn't sell it retail for what they show trade in at!

They show USED retail at $35,525 LOL

No different than KBB showing used retail at $60k for a GT500. LOL

those prices are what THEY would sell the car for.... not what they would give u for it.

they'll buy it from u for $23,500 then sell it to some joe schmoe for $29,998

like if i sell my car now with hail damage. i might get $19k if i'm lucky ....then they will sell it for $23,5k telling the buyer that this car is worth $33k so he would think he was gettin a (-$10k for hail damage) bargain.

Thats funny Stump we parked our Titan too :hysterical:

If I had a Titan I would park it too, in the back 40. I wouldnt park it cause of the gas prices though, Id park it cause its a Toyota and I wouldnt be caught dead in it. :hysterical:

If I had a Titan I would park it too, in the back 40. I wouldnt park it cause of the gas prices though, Id park it cause its a Toyota and I wouldnt be caught dead in it. :hysterical:

Hey brainiac, it's a Nissan and one of the best vehicles out there except for the fuel mileage.

And before you start that whole "buy American" crap,

1. There is no such thing anymore and

2. I'm keeping people in MS their jobs since that is where it's made.

Hey brainiac, it's a Nissan and one of the best vehicles out there except for the fuel mileage.

Sucks when you try and slam something but end up looking like an asshat for lack of knowledge :hysterical:

designed and built in america btw :)

I shouldnt start up , so ill take neither side !!! the Nissan's are pretty dependable from what ive seen over the years , but i am all Ford and always have been!!! 70' Mustang coupe w/ 302W , 84' Bronco , 99 Expidition , and my Baby 07SGT the best thing on the road period!!!!!!!!!

Been a long time since Ive been called a brainiac....thank you.

Nissan, Toytota......Is there really a difference? Either way Id park it for the same reason.

I do have to agree about your 2 points though.

YEAH, MY COMPANY GAVE ME A CAP THAT SAID 'BUILDING AMERICA' AND I LOOKED INSIDE OF THE CAP AND IT SAID 'MADE IN VIETNAM'. I TOLD THEM TO KEEP THE CAP AS WE WERE BUILDING VIETNAM, NOT AMERICA. I HAVE DRIVEN A LOT OF 'FOREIGN CARS' THRU THE YEARS AND THEY ARE BUILT VERY GOOD. WHY DO YOU THINK THE BIG THREE MAKE BETTER CARS TODAY. JAPAN FORCED THEM TO. WHO WOULD WANT TO PAY THE PRICE FOR THESE SHELBY'S TODAY AT 1960'S QUALITY. THESE CARS ARE MUCH BETTER TODAY THAN THEY HAVE EVER BEEN. THE SHELBY'S MAY NOT BE THE QUALITY OF MY HONDA ACCORD BUT I WANTED AMERICAN MUSCLE AND EXACTLY WHAT I GOT IN A SHELBY. BESIDES, WHO STANDS AROUND LOOKING AT NISSAN 300Z'S WHEN YOU HAVE A SHELBY. IT MAY NOT BE THE BEST CAR OUT THERE BUT WE ALL BOUGHT A LOT OF NOSTALGIA AND A LOT OF FUN.

Archived