TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Amazing What Sellers Will Say

I'm always amazed at the complete BS some sellers spout off.

From ebay auction #160243514688 :

The car was signed at the annual Christmas party at the Shelby Museum in Boulder Colorado in 2006 and witnessed by over 200 people. From my understanding, Mr. Shelby is now asking $20,000 to sign any car now.

Well Mr ebay seller your understanding is 100% wrong.

$20,000 for an autograph :hysterical2:

What some people will say because their car is priced too high and they can't find a buyer.

Steve

Ya my favorite line I heard more than once was;

"HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT"??????????? :finger:

My usual reply was;

"MORE THAN YOU WANT TO SELL WITH THAT :censored: PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

He also states that the Car has SHELBY GT 500 Front & Rear Bumper Covers................................. :hysterical:

I sent him an Email explaing that CS Charges just $200.00 for signing Car Parts and the Bumper Cover is NOT a GT 500 but it is the same as a Shelby GT. I also told him that if I were to buy the Car, I would make him change out the Front Bumper Cover to a GT 500 which would cost him about $5,000.00 for Parts & Labor and Paint & Labor. I know I over priced it a bit but maybe it will make him correct his wording. Yeah........probably not........ :hysterical:

David.

I sent him an Email explaing that CS Charges just $200.00 for signing Car Parts

Actually it's $250 for a car part and $150 for a poster, etc. per the CSCF web site. I sent him/her a link 2 days ago and got back a "thanks" response. The description has not changed. Now whomever it is is either being deliberately deceitful or purposely stupid.

Actually it's $250 for a car part and $150 for a poster, etc. per the CSCF web site. I sent him/her a link 2 days ago and got back a "thanks" response. The description has not changed. Now whomever it is is either being deliberately deceitful or purposely stupid.

Somebody ought to post a response stating that information on the auction page. I don't know but I think I have seen that done before on ebay where potential bidders can post comments.

Somebody ought to post a response stating that information on the auction page. I don't know but I think I have seen that done before on ebay where potential bidders can post comments.

That depends whether the seller allows comments to be posted or not. You have the option of showing questions asked or hiding them.

Guys theres no need to bother the seller. He has his motives for saying what he said and by the looks of it buyers are responding by not bidding.

It just irks me on his $20,000 lie. Think of how many newbies to the Shelby world have seen that $20k statement and believe its true. How many newbies will walk away thinking that the Shelby world is just too expensive for them. This also just gives the CS haters out there more manure to spread around.

Steve

I had the same 3 signatures done at the same Christmas party. I think the donation for a signature that year was only $50 to help the museum.

It looks like he even used my silver paint pen!

EDIT:

Here's the list of winners (I was at Steamboat, too - don't remember that particular car)

Looks like there's only one 07 Blue GT/CS listed. His ad makes it sound like he was the best of show winner. There were a lot of prizes given out that day!.

The boy certainly knows how to embellish a story!

http://www.rmmr.org/events/2007/winners/

Right now the car is at 22,000, its looks like he is losing alot of money, hahaha, so far he would be getting $2000 just for the car with his $20,000 autograph.

Should email the guy and be like, will you take $2000 for the car and he can keep that "expensive" autograph

I would like to Email the Winning Bidder (if there is one) and let him know that He/She can make the Seller install a complete GT 500 Front Bumper Cover for Free................After all, the Seller says it has one on it now........................ :hysterical:

David.

Archived